Ram Mohan Naidu Kinjarapu
This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (December 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Ram Mohan Naidu Kinjarapu is an Indian politician and a Member of parliament to the 17th Lok Sabha from Srikakulam (Lok Sabha constituency), Andhra Pradesh. He won the Indian general election, 2014 and 2019 as a Telugu Desam Party (TDP) candidate. He is also the National General Secretary of the TDP and the Leader of the Party in the Lok Sabha.
Ram Mohan Naidu Kinjarapu
|Member of parliament, Lok Sabha|
|Assumed office |
16 May 2014
|Preceded by||Killi Krupa Rani|
|Born||18 December 1987|
Nimmada, Andhra Pradesh, India
|Political party||Telugu Desam Party|
|Alma mater||Purdue University (B.S)|
Long Island University (M.B.A.)
Kinjarapu Ram Mohan Naidu was born in Nimmada, Srikakulam on 18 December 1987. He is the son of Kinjarapu Yerran Naidu; a senior Telugu Desam Party leader and Kinjarapu Vijayakumari. His father was a Member of Legislative Assembly from Tekkali constituency and then became a Member of Parliament (MP) from Srikakulam and later served as a Union Minister for Rural Development in the United Front government between 1996 and 1998. He completed his primary schooling in Srikakulam and later on joined Delhi Public School, R. K. Puram, Delhi, to complete his school education after his father became an MP and moved to Delhi. He then earned a bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering from Purdue University, United States and an MBA from Long Island University. He worked for a year in Singapore before returning to India.
Kinjarupu got married in June 2017 to Sravya Bandaru, youngest daughter of the former minister and Telugu Desam Party Vice-President, MLA Bandaru Satyanarayana Murthy.
Kinjarupu entered politics in 2012 after the death of his father. He now represents Srikakulam Parliamentary constituency. He was made the MP constituency in charge in 2013. In 2014, he contested the elections for Srikakulam Constituency and won with a margin of 127,576 votes. Kinjarupu is the second youngest Member of Parliament to the 16th Lok Sabha. His participation in Indian politics speaks volumes of the contribution youth can make in shaping our country. He introduced a private members bill to draw the attention of the centre towards Andhra Pradesh Railway Zone with Vishakhapatnam as its headquarters.
Performance in ParliamentEdit
Performance in the Lok Sabha, 2019-20 
|MP performance parameters (2019-20)||Ram Mohan Naidu Kinjarapu|
|Attendance in parliament||90%, against state average 79% and National average 84%|
|Questions raised||69, against state average 49 and National Average 49|
|Debates Participated||34, against a state average 13 and National Average 14.5|
|Private Member Bills||0, against state average 0 and National Average 0.3|
|Number of criminal cases||None|
He is a member of the standing committee on Railways and Home Affairs, Consultative Committee on Ministry of Tourism and Culture and in the Committee on Welfare of other Backward Classes and Official Language Department in the 16th Loksabha
At the United NationsEdit
Kinjarapu has represented India at the 72nd session of the United Nations General Assembly in the 22nd meeting of the first committee on Disarmament. He emphasized on India's commitment to protecting the ideals of the UN charter and international peace through genuine pursuit for multilateralism. On behalf of India, he attached importance to productive measures in Nuclear Disarmament and Non- Proliferation in all aspects at the United Nations.
Politics For ImpactEdit
Kinjarapu believes youth has a major role to play in politics, and politics isn't just about elections but, it's about solving the problems of people. With the same idea, he started an internship program, “Politics for Impact” to increase the opportunity for the youth to participate in politics and give them exposure to governance. 210 Students from over 16 states and 130 colleges had applied for the internship out of which 18 students were selected to work on issues in his constituency for a period of 2 months.
|TDP||Rammohan Naidu Kinjarapu||5,56,163||52.90||+19.74|
|INC||Killi Krupa Rani||24,163||2.30||-39.90|
|Independent||Paidi Raja Rao||11,422||1.09|
|BSP||Boddepalli Raja Rao||8,047||0.77|
|CPI(ML)L||Vasudeva Rao Boddu||5,131||0.49|
|Independent||Tota Tejeswara Rao||2,144||0.20|
|Independent||Kinjarapu Tejeswara Rao||2,074||0.20|
|NOTA||None of the Above||6,133||0.58|
|TDP gain from INC||Swing|
|TDP||Ram Mohan Naidu Kinjarapu||5,34,544||46.19|
|Jana Sena||Metta Rama Rao||31,956||2.76|
This section does not cite any sources. (March 2020) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- In October 2013, Kinjarupu supported N. Chandrababu Naidu, in his indefinite hunger strike against the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh, in New Delhi.
- In February 2018, he was a part of the protest lead by the TDP MPs at the parliament over the meager allocation of funds in the union budget for Andhra Pradesh. He was supported by other MPs like TG Venkatesh, K Sivaprasad, Konakalla Narayana Rao, N Kistappa, Galla Jayadev, C.M Ramesh and other MPs. He expressed his displeasure over the centers on the subjects listed in the AP Reorganisation Act.
- In April 2018, he staged protests for Visaka Railway Zone by sitting on the platform at Amudalavalasa for an entire night. The new railway zone with its headquarters at Vishakhapatnam was a promise made to the people of Andhra Pradesh at the time of bifurcation of the State.
Policy Positions and WritingsEdit
- In October 2019 he wrote an article in The News Minute strongly criticizing the Andhra Pradesh government under Y. S. Jagan for its sand mining policy. After coming to power in May 2019, sand mining was banned for more than 3 months until a new policy was put in place in September 2019. He wrote on how this policy "ended up putting more than 20 lakh laborers out of their daily jobs and caused deep pain to their families" and how it "brought the construction industry to a standstill for 3 months."
- "Constituency wise elected candidates".
- "Ram Mohan Naidu Appointed as National General Secretary".
- Kinjarapu, Ram Mohan Naidu. "Son of Yerram Naidu".
- "Ram Mohan Naidu marries the daughter of TDP Senior Leader".
- "Yerran Naidu Car accident".
- "Ram Mohan Naidu elected as an MP from Srikakulam".
- "Ram Mohan Naidu introduces Private Member bill for Railway Zone in Vishakapatnam".
- "The Railways (Amendment) Bill, 2017 as introduced in Lok Sabha on 29/12/2017" (PDF).
- "Biography of Shri. Ram Mohan Naidu Kinjarapu as mentioned in Lok Sabha website".
- "Intern with MP Ram Mohan Naidu".
- "Andhra CM Jagan destroyed livelihoods with sand mining ban, TDP MP writes".