History and profileEdit
In May 2013, the Network 18 owned First Post was merged with Forbes India. Shortly thereafter, the four top editorial heads who had led the growth of Forbes India, including its editor-in-chief Indrajit Gupta, were dismissed under surprisingly humiliating conditions. The event led to considerable media speculation. Press Club, Mumbai, passed a resolution: “The method of ejecting them from the company was nothing short of shameful. Journalists are not only messengers of news and information, but are the collective voice of civil society."
The new editor R. Jagannathan (erstwhile editor of First Post), took over Forbes India. He told The Caravan magazine that "Forbes ... is not meant to be an NGO. It is not meant to be anti-capitalism." The move might be a part of a shift within the journal towards right-wing politics, following a large infusion of cash from Mukesh Ambani-owned Reliance Industries Limited in the Network 18 conglomerate.
- "Why Forbes editor in india were sacked". Rediff.com. Retrieved 14 June 2013.
- "Forbes India". Magazine Mall. Retrieved 28 July 2016.
- "Forbes India editors sacked for demanding stock ownership". The Hindu. 4 May 2014. Retrieved 14 June 2013.
- "No country for good journalists". Business Standard. May 2014. Retrieved 9 June 2014.
- Sharanya Kanvilkar (6 June 2013). "How the 'Forbes India' editors were forced out". Times Feed.Quote: Forbes India had a slight liberal streak. First Post, on the other hand, like Network 18 founder Raghav Bahl, unabashedly tilts to the right.
- "Press club deplores dismissal of editors of Forbes India". Press Club Mumbai.
- "The Network Effect". The Caravan. Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- "Reliance enters media by opening pursestrings for Network18". Indian Express. Retrieved 6 June 2015.
- "Network18, Publishing". network18online.com.
- Official website
- Forbes Global 2000, 2017 Listing of Indian Companies
- India's Forbes Super 50 Companies
|This business magazine or journal-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
See tips for writing articles about magazines. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.