Ritika Singh in 2016
|Born||Ritika Mohan Singh
16 December 1994 
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Ritika Singh (born 16 December 1994) is an Indian actress and mixed martial artist, who predominantly appears in Tamil films and also has appeared in Hindi and Telugu films. After competing for India at the 2009 Asian Indoor Games and then participating in the Super Fight League, she played a leading role in Sudha Kongara Prasad's Tamil film Irudhi Suttru (also shot in Hindi as Saala Khadoos) alongside R. Madhavan. She won Special Mention at the 63rd National Film Awards for her performance in Irudhi Suttru.
Mixed martial arts careerEdit
Ritika Singh trained as a kick boxer and as a mixed martial artist from her childhood, under the guidance of her father. She made her debut in a national competition by competing in the 52 kg category at the 2009 Asian Indoor Games as a kick boxer. She subsequently appeared in the inaugural season of the Super Fight League and competed as a mixed martial artist.
Mixed martial arts recordEdit
|Professional record breakdown|
|4 matches||1 win||3 losses|
|Loss||1–3||Daizy Singh||Decision (Unanimous)||SFL 22-23||August 17, 2013||3||5:00||Mumbai, India|
|Loss||1–2||Irene Cabello Rivera||Submission (armbar)||SFL 18||May 24, 2013||1||2:06||Mumbai, India|
|Win||1–1||Aya Saber||Decision (Unanimous)||SFL 11||November 30, 2012||3||5:00||Mumbai, India|
|Loss||0–1||Manjit Kolekar||TKO (punches)||SFL 5||October 19, 2012||2||3:45||Mumbai, India|
In 2013, Singh was spotted by director Sudha Kongara Prasad in an advert for the Super Fight League and was later auditioned to play a leading role in her bilingual film, Saala Khadoos (2016), after the makers managed to contact her through the competition's chairman, Raj Kundra. Portraying Madhi, a Marwari girl who grows up in the slums of Chennai, Singh was signed because the makers wanted a professional boxer to act, rather than an actress to act as a boxer. For the Tamil version, Irudhi Suttru, Singh phonetically learned her part in Tamil by writing down the dialogues in Hindi. Co-produced by the film's lead actor R. Madhavan and Rajkumar Hirani, the film was released in late January 2016. Ritika received rave reviews for her portrayal, with Sify.com stating "she is a marvelous discovery" and "her lip sync, body language and gait is a major highlight for the film". For her performance in Irudhi Suttru, Ritika won the a Special Mention at the 63rd National Film Awards, and became the first actress, who did not dub for her role, to be recognised at the National Awards. Singh later appeared in Manikandan's Aandavan Kattalai, which was released in September 2016.
|2016||Irudhi Suttru||Ezhil Madhi||Tamil||National Film Award – Special Jury Award|
|Saala Khadoos||Hindi||Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut|
|2017||Guru||Rameshwari||Telugu||Apsara awards(zee telugu)LATEST SENSATION OF THE YEAR|
|2016||Irudhi Suttru||National Film Award – Special Jury Award|
|Ananda Vikatan Cinema Awards-Best Actress Award|
|Saala Khadoos||Filmfare Award for Best Female Debut|
|2016||saala khadoos||zee cine award for best female debutant|
|2016||2nd IIFA Utsavam||Best Actor - Female||Irudhi Suttru||Won|
|2017||Guru (2017 film)||Apsara awards(zee telugu) - Latest Sensation of the Year|
- "Ritika Singh learns Tamil for her next". The Times of India. 6 April 2016. Retrieved 7 October 2016.
- "Ritika Singh wants to stay grounded". The Indian Express. 2016-01-14. Retrieved 2016-09-25.
- Sunaina Kumar (2013-06-22). "Not Your Usual Punching Bags". Tehelka. Retrieved 2016-09-25.
- "Ritika Singh MMA Stats, Pictures, News, Videos, Biography". Sherdog. Retrieved 2016-09-25.
- "Never thought of acting in Bollywood: boxer Ritika Singh". The Indian Express. 2016-01-12. Retrieved 2016-09-25.
- "Saala Khadoos: Ritika Singh not the only real-life boxer in the Rajkumar Hirani movie!". India.com. Retrieved 2016-09-25.
- "Review : Irudhi Suttru review". Sify.com. Retrieved 2016-09-25.
- "It's like winning an Oscar: Ritika Singh on National Award". The Indian Express. 2016-03-28. Retrieved 2016-09-25.
- "Aandavan Kattalai: Overwhelming positive response from audiences!". Sify. Retrieved 2016-09-26.
- "Lawrence-Ritika in 'Shivalinga' remake". Sify. Retrieved 1 October 2016.
- Anupama, Subramanian (16 July 2016). "Lawrence-Ritika film Shivalinga starts rolling". Deccan Chronicle. Retrieved 1 October 2016.
- "Venkatesh prefers Ritika Singh for remake of Saala Khadoos". The Times of India. 2 September 2016. Retrieved 1 October 2016.
- Krishna, Vamsi (18 September 2016). "Guru first look: Venkatesh in rugged avatar for his next, see posters". Indian Express. Hyderabad. Retrieved 1 October 2016.
- Srivatsan (27 September 2016). "Irudhi Suttru goes to Tokyo: Director Sudha Kongara says it's a special honour". India Today. New Delhi. Retrieved 1 October 2016.
- "Ananda Vikatan Cinema Awards - 2016". www.vikatan.com (in Tamil). Retrieved 2017-01-28.
- Hemanth, Kumar (30 March 2017). "IIFA Utsavam 2017 day 2: Janatha Garage, Kirik Party, U-turn win top awards". Firstpost. Archived from the original on 31 March 2017. Retrieved 31 March 2017.