This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article needs to be updated.August 2018)(
Reliance Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group or Reliance ADA Group (ADAG) is an Indian conglomerate, headquartered in Mumbai, India. The company, which was formed after Dhirubhai Ambani's business was divided up, is headed by his younger son Anil Ambani.
|Predecessor||carved out from Reliance Industries|
|Founded||10 July 2006|
Reliance Centre, Santacruz (East), Mumbai,
|Anil Ambani |
|Products||Telecom, financial services, construction, entertainment, Power, health care, aviation, Defense|
|Revenue||US$15.4 billion (2012)|
|US$2 billion (2012)|
|US$3.5 billion (2012)|
|Total assets||US$43.6 billion (2016) "'" (PDF).|
Number of employees
|75,000 (March 2018)|
Reliance ADA Group has six listed companies. Reliance Power, Reliance Communications, Reliance Infrastructure, Reliance Capital, Reliance Entertainment and Reliance Health. The group provides telecom, financial services, construction, entertainment, power, health care, manufacturing, defence, aviation, and transportation services.
Reliance Commercial Corporation was founded by Dhirubhai Ambani in 1966 as a polyester firm. It got renamed as Reliance Industries on May 08, 1973. Reliance later entered into financial services, petroleum refining, power sector. By 2002 Reliance had grown into a U$15 billion conglomerate. After the death of Dhirubhai Ambani on 6 July 2002, Reliance was headed by his sons. The Reliance ADA Group was formed in 2006 after the two brothers Mukesh Ambani and Anil Ambani, split Reliance Industries in December 2005. Anil Ambani got the responsibility of Reliance Infocomm, Reliance Energy and Reliance Capital. Reliance Group entered the power sector through Reliance Power, and the entertainment sector by acquiring Adlabs. In October 2010, Reliance power placed world's largest order worth $8.29 billion to Shanghai Electric Group to supply power equipment based on Supercritical steam generator technology. On 28 October 2017, the group launched construction of a defense production unit in Mihan-SEZ region. The unit will be part of a joint venture between Reliance Group, led by Anil Ambani, and its JV partner French major Dassault Aviation. The production at Mihan-SEZ will begin with components for the Rafale warplanes and Falcon business jet produced by Dassault. It is expected to fully assemble both the aircraft in the Nagpur unit in the coming years.
This section does not cite any sources. (February 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Date||Firm acquired||Renamed firm|
|May 2000||BSES||Reliance Infrastructure|
|Oct 2003||FLAG Telecom, 207Mn$||Reliance Globalcom|
|July 2005||Metro Adlabs (51% stake), 74Mn$||Reliance Entertainment|
|Apr 2008||Lowry Digital USA, 7.5Mn$||Reliance Big Entertainment|
|May 2008||Vanco||Reliance Globalcom|
|Apr 2010||Codemasters UK (50% stake)||Zapak|
|Sept 2011||Bloomberg UTV (66% stake)||Reliance Capital|
|Mar 2015||Pipavav Shipyard||Reliance Infrastructure|
|Oct 2015||MTS India||Reliance Communication|
Current Issue against ADA GroupEdit
ADA group defaulted in payment to many vendors planning to go for insolvency . ADA group is alleged to have multiple entity registered and made as vendor in other companies and favored them with cash and other benefits. All listed companies belonging to ADA group nose dive in stock market over 90%
- "Reliance ADAG – Reliance Anil dmsumra 7Dhirubhai Ambani Group India – Reliance ADA Group Profile". Iloveindia.com. 21 July 2007. Retrieved 14 August 2010.
- "Mukesh to double enterprise value to US$160 bn: Rediff.com Business". Business.rediff.com. 18 June 2010. Retrieved 14 August 2010.
- "Reliance set to split between Anil and Mukesh Ambani – Central Government may intervene!". IndiaDaily. Archived from the original on 9 October 2008. Retrieved 14 August 2010.
- "Reliance Power, Shanghai Electric ink $8.3 bln deal". in.reuters.com. Reuters. 28 October 2010. Retrieved 28 July 2016.
- "Reliance-Dassault JV to start output in Q1 of 2018". /timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 28 October 2018.
- "Reliance ADA group stocks plummet". The Indian Express. 5 February 2019. Retrieved 25 July 2019.
- "At Least 122 Companies of Anil Ambani Group with Little or No Business Have the Same Address". Moneylife NEWS & VIEWS. Retrieved 25 July 2019.
- "How will Anil Ambani-led Reliance Group look like in future?". www.businesstoday.in. Retrieved 25 July 2019.