London Buses route 82
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (October 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
London Buses route 82 was a Transport for London contracted bus route in London, England. Running from June 1986 until March 2017 between North Finchley and Victoria station until replaced by route 13, it was last operated by Metroline.
|Garage||Potters Bar (PB)|
|Peak vehicle requirement||31|
|Night-time||Night Bus N13|
St John's Wood
Hyde Park Corner
Route 82 was introduced on 21 June 1986 to replace former route 2B between Baker Street and Golders Green station and the Sunday service of the former route 26. It ran from Victoria station to Golders Green station.
Metroline successfully tendered to retain the route, with a new contract commencing on 2 April 2005. Metroline commenced a further contract on 31 March 2012. It ceased operating on 31 March 2017 being replaced by route 13.
Route 82 operated via these primary locations:
- Blacker, Ken (2007). Routemaster: 1970–2005. 2 (2nd ed.). Harrow Weald: Capital Transport. ISBN 978-1-85414-303-7.
- "Route 82 - award announced 23 September 2004". Transport for London. 23 September 2004. Retrieved 2 June 2014.
- LBSL latest tender results Coach & Bus Week 18 October 2011
- Tender News Bus Talk (Go-Ahead London) issue 5 December 2011
- "Contract wins for four operators large and small" Buses Magazine issue 739 October 2016 page 23
- Bus Service Changes 11 March to 16 April 2017 Transport for London 24 March 2017
- Route 82 Map Transport for London
- Media related to London Buses route 82 at Wikimedia Commons