Heathrow Central bus station
Heathrow Central bus station is a large bus station that serves terminals 2 and 3 of Heathrow Airport, outside London, UK. It provides urban bus and long-distance coach services to destinations in London and to regional destinations across Britain. It is the UK's busiest bus and coach station with over 1,600 services each day to over 1,000 destinations.[needs update] An estimated 13% of air passengers using Heathrow Airport use bus services from Heathrow Central bus station.
The bus station in 2007
London Borough of Hillingdon
|Owned by||Heathrow Airport Holdings|
|Operated by||National Express|
Abellio Surrey, London United and Metroline, operate local bus services from Heathrow Central as far as Slough, Uxbridge, Harrow Weald, Greenford, Walton-on-Thames, Kingston, Croydon and Hounslow. A night bus operates into Central London.
Long distance coach services operate from Heathrow Central connecting with other airports and main towns in the South East (Arriva Shires & Essex, Oxford Bus Company) and the rest of the United Kingdom (Megabus and National Express).
Heathrow Central bus station is served by a number of RailAir coach services connecting the airport with National Rail stations at Guildford, Reading, Watford Junction, and Woking. Additionally, London Buses route 285 operates between Heathrow Central and Feltham railway station.
Heathrow Central bus station is linked by underground walkways to Heathrow Central railway station, which is served by Tfl Rail and Heathrow Express trains, and Heathrow Terminals 2 & 3 tube station on the London Underground Piccadilly line. These stations provide direct rail links with central London. In future, TfL Rail services will become part of the Elizabeth line, currently under construction.
Access to terminalsEdit
Heathrow Central bus station is open 24 hours a day and it is connected to Terminals 2 and 3 via underground walkways.
Air passengers travelling through Terminals 4 and 5 can use the rail and Tube services free of charge within the Heathrow free travel zone to reach Heathrow Central stations and change to the bus station. A travel centre at the central bus station provides travel information.
- "10 London Heathrow Airport" (PDF). Bestransport.org. p. 52. Archived from the original (PDF) on 5 April 2005. Retrieved 24 January 2010.
- Blow, Christopher (2012). Transport Terminals and Modal Interchanges. Routledge. p. 103. ISBN 9781136352300. Retrieved 12 July 2019.
- "Rail-air bus links". www.heathrow.com. Heathrow Airport. Retrieved 13 July 2019.
- "Heathrow Transport - Rail, Coach and Bus". Heathrow Airport. Retrieved 20 January 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Heathrow Central Bus Station.|
- Buses from Heathrow Central Bus Station - Transport for London
- Heathrow Central Bus and Coach Station Milesfaster
- Heathrow bus information travel guide from Wikivoyage