2001–02 UEFA Cup
|Dates||9 August 2001 – 8 May 2002|
|Champions||Feyenoord (2nd title)|
|Goals scored||552 (2.71 per match)|
|Top scorer(s)||Pierre van Hooijdonk (8 goals)|
- 1 Association team allocation
- 2 Qualifying round
- 3 First round
- 4 Second round
- 5 Third round
- 6 Fourth round
- 7 Quarter-finals
- 8 Semi-finals
- 9 Final
- 10 Top scorers
- 11 See also
- 12 Notes
- 13 References
- 14 External links
Association team allocationEdit
Below is the qualification scheme for the 2001–02 UEFA Cup:
- Associations 1–6 each enter three teams
- Associations 7–8 each enter four teams
- Associations 9–15 each enter two teams
- Associations 16–21 each enter three teams
- Associations 22–49 each enter two teams, with the exception of Liechtenstein who enter one.
- Associations 50-51 each enter one team
- The top three associations of the 2000–2001 UEFA Fair Play ranking each gain an additional berth
- 16 teams eliminated from the 2001–02 UEFA Champions League qualifying rounds
- 8 teams eliminated from the 2001–02 UEFA Champions League group stage are transferred to the UEFA Cup
- 3 winners of the Intertoto Cup
- The winner of the 2000–01 UEFA Cup (not used due to Liverpool's qualification to Champions League)
- (FP): Additional fair play berth (Finland, Slovakia, Belarus)
- (UCL): Additional teams transferred from the UEFA Champions League
- (IT): Additional teams from Intertoto Cup
|Teams entering in this round||Teams advancing from previous round||Teams transferred from Champions League|
A UEFA Cup place is vacated when a team qualify for both the Champions League and the UEFA Cup, or qualify for the UEFA Cup by more than one method. When a place is vacated, it is redistributed within the national association by the following rules:<
- When the domestic cup winners (considered as the "highest-placed" qualifier within the national association) also qualify for the Champions League, their UEFA Cup place is vacated, and the remaining UEFA Cup qualifiers are moved up one place, with the final place (with the earliest starting round) taken by the domestic cup runners-up, provided they do not already qualify for the Champions League or the UEFA Cup. Otherwise, this place is taken by the highest-placed league finisher which do not qualify for the UEFA Cup yet.
- When the domestic cup winners also qualify for the UEFA Cup through league position, their place through the league position is vacated, and the UEFA Cup qualifiers which finish lower in the league are moved up one place, with the final place taken by the highest-placed league finisher which do not qualify for the UEFA Cup yet.
- A place vacated by the League Cup winners is taken by the highest-placed league finisher which do not qualify for the UEFA Cup yet.
- A Fair Play place is taken by the highest-ranked team in the domestic Fair Play table which do not qualify for the Champions League or UEFA Cup yet.
The labels in the parentheses show how each team qualified for the place of its starting round:
- CW: Cup winners
- CR: Cup runners-up
- LC: League Cup winners
- Nth: League position
- P-W: End-of-season European competition play-off winners
- FP: Fair play
- IT: Intertoto Cup winners
- UCL: Relegated from the Champions League
- GS: Third-placed teams from the group stage
- Q3: Losers from the third qualifying round
Perniš 66' (pen.)
|Fabuľa 22', 83' (pen.)
|Report||Sednev 58' (pen.)|
|Dinamo București||1–0||Dinamo Tirana|
|Niculescu 34' (pen.)||Report|
|Gruznov 40'||Report||Lundström 33'
Andreasson 36' (pen.), 61'
Sandor 23', 27'
|Ararat||0–2||Hapoel Tel Aviv|
|Dinamo Tbilisi||2–1||BATE Borisov|
|Daraselia 22' (pen.)
|Polonia Warsaw||4–0||Total Network Solutions|
|Tarachulski 70', 78'
Moskal 90+2', 90+3'
Dal Santo 89'
|Report||Rimkus 62' (pen.)|
|Fortuzi 58', 83'
|Report||Zubarev 3', 48'|
|Shakhtyor Soligorsk||1–2||CSKA Sofia|
|Podrez 81'||Report||Manchev 65'
|Pimpong 16'||Report||Glendinning 84'|
|Fuglestad 82' (pen.)||Report|
|Etzella Ettelbruck||0–4||Legia Warsaw|
|Maccabi Tel Aviv||6–0||Žalgiris|
Dego 21', 45', 77'
|Lindberg 50'||Report||Eklund 26'
|Mortansson 50', 58'||Report||Akwuegbu 60', 90'|
Merenda 53', 75'
|Report||Bjelanović 49', 85', 86'|
|Cwmbrân Town||0–4||Slovan Bratislava|
|Olimpija Ljubljana||4–0||Shafa Baku|
Tiganj 58', 59'
|Club Brugge||4–0||ÍA Akraness|
|Lange 62', 85'
Mendoza 88' (pen.)
|Longford Town||1–1||Litex Lovech|
|Petev 14' (o.g.)||Report||Lavine 84' (o.g.)|
Nikolaidis 66', 90'
|Report||Dźwigała 71' (pen.)|
CSKA Kyiv won 4–0 on aggregate.
|FK Sarajevo||0 – 1||Marítimo|
Marítimo won 2–0 on aggregate.
Grazer AK won 6–2 on aggregate.
1 Only one leg was played, in a neutral venue in Warsaw, Poland, due to security concerns in Russia.
2 PSG won 3–0 because there was a blackout in Bucharest at that time and the match was stopped immediately in favour of the visitors.
|Viktoria Žižkov||0–0||Tirol Innsbruck|
van Ankeren 32'
|CSKA Kyiv||3–2||Red Star Belgrade|
Ačimovič 68' (pen.)
Di Biagio 41'
|Guðjohnsen 45', 74'
|Hajduk Split||2–2||Wisła Kraków|
|Tsiartas 54' (pen.)
|CSKA Sofia||3–0||Shakhtar Donetsk|
|Manchev 24', 80'
|Dargo 73'||Sanne 45'|
|Dinamo Zagreb||2–2||Maccabi Tel Aviv|
|Tirol Innsbruck||1–0||Viktoria Žižkov|
Wacker Innsbruck won 1–0 on aggregate.
|Rapid București||0–1 (a.e.t.)||Paris Saint-Germain|
Paris Saint-Germain were awarded a 3–0 victory for the second leg as Rapid București walked out, therefore winning 3–0 on aggregate
3–3 on aggregate. Maccabi Tel Aviv won on away goals.
Osijek won 3–1 on aggregate.
Freiburg won 2–1 on aggregate.
|Sánchez 7', 23'
A. Ilie 18'
Valencia won 6–0 on aggregate.
|Santos 3'||Fevang 54'|
3–3 on aggregate. Helsingborg won on away goals.
|Jardel 4', 45'
Skriver 85' (o.g.)
Sporting CP won 6–2 on aggregate.
|Red Star Belgrade||0–0||CSKA Kyiv|
CSKA Kyiv won 3–2 on aggregate.
Internazionale won 6–0 on aggregate.
Chelsea won 5–0 on aggregate.
|Rui Costa 21'
Inzaghi 74' (pen.)
Milan won 6–0 on aggregate.
Parma won 3–0 on aggregate.
Wisła Kraków won 3–2 on aggregate.
Standard Liège won 4–2 on aggregate.
|Hibernian||3–2 (a.e.t.)||AEK Athens|
|Luna 52', 82'
|Tsiartas 92', 105'|
AEK Athens won 4–3 on aggregate.
3–3 on aggregate. Varteks won on away goals.
Fiorentina won 2–1 on aggregate.
|Shakhtar Donetsk||2–1||CSKA Sofia|
CSKA Sofia won 4–2 on aggregate
Rangers won 1–0 on aggregate after only one game was played.
|Wallner 11', 60'
Wagner 65', 71'
|Report||Wagner 57' (o.g.)|
Rapid Wien won 5–2 on aggregate.
Ipswich Town won 3–2 on aggregate.
Viking won 3–1 on aggregate.
Leeds United won 3–1 on aggregate.
|Team 1||Agg.||Team 2||1st leg||2nd leg|
|Roda JC||5–3||Maccabi Tel Aviv||4–1||1–2|
|Paris Saint-Germain||6–2||Rapid Wien||4–0||2–2|
|Union Berlin||0–2||Litex Lovech||0–2||0–0|
|CSKA Kyiv||0–7||Club Brugge||0–2||0–5|
|Hapoel Tel Aviv||3–1||Chelsea||2–0||1–1|
|Celta Vigo||3–4||Slovan Liberec||3–1||0–3|
|Roda JC||4–1||Maccabi Tel Aviv|
|Soetaers 4', 35'
|Karwan 11'||Report||A. Ilie 60' (pen.)|
|Pauleta 6' (pen.)
Nuno Gomes 86'
|Paris Saint-Germain||4–0||Rapid Wien|
|Ronaldinho 16', 58'
|Union Berlin||0–2||Litex Lovech|
|Kallon 61', 65'||Report|
|Yiasoumi 22', 27'
Okkas 37', 87'
de Boer 79'