Taument in action for 'old' Feyenoord
|Date of birth||1 October 1970|
|Place of birth||The Hague, Netherlands|
|Height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|VCS Den Haag|
|BTC Den Haag|
|1989–1990||→ Excelsior (loan)||25||(1)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Born in The Hague, South Holland, Taument was a product of Feyenoord's youth system. He played one first-team match in 1988–89 and another in the following season before joining second division side Excelsior on loan, also in the city. During seven full seasons at De Kuip, he formed an efficient winger partnership with Regi Blinker (from 1991 to 1995, the pair combined for 61 Eredivisie goals).
In July 1997, after nearly 300 official games with Feyenoord, Taument signed with Portugal's Benfica, but failed to establish himself at the club, scoring just once in a Taça de Portugal tie against Rio Ave. He moved in the next transfer window to Anderlecht, also being rarely played during his tenure.
After spending the 1999–2000 campaign in Greece with OFI Crete, Taument was first-choice during his spell in the Austrian Football Bundesliga with Rapid Wien, helping them finish second in his first year. He retired in June 2002 at the age of 31, and was named Dutch Football Talent of the Year in 1991.
Taument earned 15 caps for the Netherlands, scoring twice. He was a member of the squad at the 1994 FIFA World Cup – where he scored the winning goal in their first game against Saudi Arabia (2–1)– and at UEFA Euro 1996.
- "Feyenoord bevecht een kampioenschap" [Feyenoord fights for championship] (in Dutch). Feyenoord Geschiedenis. 25 May 1993. Retrieved 25 May 2016.
- "Taument, begeerd door Ajax: Ik kán op dit moment gewoon niets zeggen" [Taument, coveted by Ajax: I cannot say anything at the moment]. Trouw (in Dutch). 1 April 1996. Retrieved 25 May 2016.
- "1991: B.V.V. Den Bosch – Feijenoord" [1991: B.V.V. Den Bosch – Feyenoord] (in Dutch). Lunatic News. 2 June 2011. Archived from the original on 4 June 2011. Retrieved 25 May 2016.
- "Benfica ganhou 34 de 46 duelos, Rio Ave só três" [Benfica won 34 of 46 clashes, Rio Ave only three] (in Portuguese). SAPO. 16 May 2014. Retrieved 14 May 2018.
- "Taument". ForaDeJogo. Retrieved 14 May 2018. Click on magnifying glass icon at end of row for details.
- "Netherlands – Player of the Year and Other Awards". RSSSF. Archived from the original on 17 March 2015. Retrieved 24 May 2016.
- "Saudi Arabia – World Cup". RSSSF. Retrieved 24 May 2016.