CS Sedan Ardennes
Club Sportif Sedan Ardennes, commonly referred to as CS Sedan or simply Sedan (French pronunciation: [sədɑ̃]), is a French association football club based in Sedan. The club was formed in 1919 and plays its home matches at the Stade Louis Dugauguez located within the city. Sedan is sponsored by Invicta France and Caisse d'Épargne, the latter being one of France's largest banks.
|Full name||Club Sportif Sedan Ardennes|
|Ground||Stade Louis Dugauguez|
|League||National 2 Group B|
|2019–20||National 2 Group A, 2nd|
Colours and badgeEdit
Sedan's home strip always includes red and green, and this is reflected in the club badge. The badge also incorporates the image of a wild boar, a symbol of the Ardennes region, hence the club's nickname is Les Sangliers (the wild boars).
Sedan's fanbase is mainly drawn from the surrounding Ardennes region, and particular rivalry is reserved for the derby with nearby club Stade Reims. Although not known for outbreaks of hooliganism, a Sedan home game against Paris Saint Germain in 2007 was widely reported following the arrival of Dutch football hooligans from Utrecht and their ensuing fight with PSG fans. Sedan does have a small hooligan faction known as the Young Boys, complete with their own designated stadium corner and even their own online gift shop.
- Name: Stade Louis Dugauguez
- Inauguration date: 10 October 2000
- Capacity: 24,389
- Record attendance: 23,130 (Sedan vs Guingamp, 12 May 2006)
As of 29 December 2019.
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
Below are the notable former players who have represented Sedan in league and international competition since the club's foundation in 1919. To appear in the section below, a player must have played in at least 80 official matches for the club or represented the national team for which the player is eligible during his stint with Sedan or following his departure.
For a complete list of CS Sedan Ardennes players, see Category:CS Sedan Ardennes players.
- Louis Dugauguez (1948–74)
- Christian Perrin (1976–78)
- Yvan Roy (1978–80)
- Pierre Tordo (1980–87)
- Michel Le Flochmoan (1987–94)
- Christian Sarramagna (1994–95)
- Bruno Metsu (1995–98)
- Patrick Remy (1998-00)
- Alex Dupont (2000–01)
- Henri Stambouli (2001–03)
- Dominique Bathenay (2003–2004)
- Serge Romano (2004–06)
- José Pasqualetti (2006–08)
- Landry Chauvin (2008–11)
- Laurent Guyot (2011–13)
- Farid Fouzari (2013–15)
- Roger Lemerre (2016)
- Colbert Marlot (2016)
- Nicolas Usaï (2016–2018)
- Sébastien Tambouret (2018–2020)
- Grégory Poirier (2020–)
- "L'effectif pro du CSSA" (in French). cssedan-ardennes.com. Retrieved 5 September 2016.
- "Sedan : Le nouveau coach officialisé" (in French). foot-national.com. 19 May 2018.
- "Sedan : Changement de coach annoncé (off)" (in French). foot-national.com. 27 April 2020.
- "Sedan : un nouvel entraîneur annoncé (off)" (in French). foot-national.com. 4 May 2020.