|“||Life's most persistent and urgent question is, 'What are you doing for others?'—Martin Luther King Jr.||”|
|“||Have nunchucks. Will travel. - Antonio "Tony The Tiger" Vernon||”|
|“||Freedom of expression does not truly exist if the right can be exercised only in an area that a benevolent government has provided as a safe haven for crackpots. - Abe Fortas 393 U.S. 503 (1969)||”|
Recently listed good articles: The Favourite — Fall, Sarah Polk — Impacted wisdom teeth — Rail transport in New Zealand — Battle of Jinja — Battle of Lira — "All About That Bass" — "Moment of Silence" (song) — Kulottunga I — Portrait of an American Family — Ishi in Two Worlds — Robert Coles — O'Brien Joyner, Kitty — "Chunky" (Bruno Mars song)
Articles currently listed for Good article community reassessment:
Tigers on my userpage (feel free to add "free use" tiger)Edit
If you appreciate my work above leave a tiger below. If you have trouble finding one that you don't see below go to http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Tiger and click on any of the subspecies to see more Images.
Tyrenius 00:22, 30 January 2007
Max July 2, 2008
Icewedge 06:50, 1 October 2008 (UTC)
Blacky98 15:22, 12 October 2008
AdjustShift 14:30, 17 October 2008
WikiLeon 05:31, 9 December 2008
Jonathan321 21:39, 19 December 2008
Eustress 19:53, 13 January 2009
Hunter Kahn 07:55, 9 February 2009
- TigerWoods Prowl.jpg
Nvineeth 08:00, 9 March 2009
Dr. Blofeld 20:30, 10 March 2009
Peregrine Fisher 05:22, 21 May 2009 (UTC)
APK 03:43, 25 May 2009 (UTC)
Seth Whales 16:52, 15 July 2009 (UTC)
- Tiger stadium aerial view.jpg
Geaux Tigers! User:Dank 18:29, 20 September 2009 (UTC)
User:Smallbones October 2, 2009
In "Sansindo" (Painting of a Sansin, mountain deity), a shamanistic picture of Korea. Caspian blue 21:52, 5 October 2009 (UTC)
TonyTheTiger helping a "newbie" find his way.User:Buster7 7 January 2010 (UTC)
Fallschirmjäger 10:02, 19 March 2010 (UTC)
TonyTheTiger conversing with a vandal. User:Buster7 9 June 2010 (UTC)
Tiger in the water Buster7 11:05, 09 Nov 2011 "
I uploaded this one and the meanies at FP rejected it. TCO 16:59, 23 November 2011
Hey, Tony. Re: Your image of Chris Young warming-up in what used to be the visitor's bullpen. As you know, the bullpens have been relocated under the bleachers. I wonder if the caption could be reworded to capture both the past and the present. Just a thought. ―Buster7 ☎ 21:48, 27 March 2019 (UTC)
Nomination for merging of Template:Miss World titleholdersEdit
Template:Miss World titleholders has been nominated for merging with Template:MissWorlds 1951–1959. You are invited to comment on the discussion at the template's entry on the Templates for discussion page. Thank you. Gonnym (talk) 14:36, 28 March 2019 (UTC)
Nomination for merging of Template:Miss International titleholdersEdit
Template:Miss International titleholders has been nominated for merging with Template:MissInternationals 1960–1979. You are invited to comment on the discussion at the template's entry on the Templates for discussion page. Thank you. Gonnym (talk) 14:43, 28 March 2019 (UTC)
Nomination for deletion of Template:Members of the U.S. House of Representatives from New YorkEdit
Template:Members of the U.S. House of Representatives from New York has been nominated for deletion. You are invited to comment on the discussion at the template's entry on the Templates for discussion page. Gonnym (talk) 18:40, 28 March 2019 (UTC)
three men in a boatEdit
even reading your comments I am stumped why I joined in on this one - if there is a need to discuss further, I honestly feel at sea as to what happened in the first place. JarrahTree 22:17, 28 March 2019 (UTC)
- @JarrahTree, you will inevitably be stumped if you try to parse this a normal deletion review.
- Wikipedia:Deletion review/Log/2019 March 28#Template:Three_Men_in_a_Boat was a thoroughly bad faith exercise by Tony. At User talk:JJMC89#Sloppy_close, Tony ran through a range of bizarre rationales, before finally settling on an elaborately wikilawyered attempt to justified a daft claim that the merged template was adding lots of superfluous links. But having built his whole DRV case on "too may links", Tony then pronounced himself satisfied because more links had been added to the merged template.
- I've rarely seen someone demonstrate their own bad faith so clearly as that. I think that the extra links which Tony and/or Woodensuperman added are a welcome improvement. But by all the logic of Tony's DRV nomination, they were a serious breach of policy. He can't have it both ways.
- As Tony admitted at DRV, the whole thing was actually all about Tony's WP:OWNership.
- I have never seen such thoroughly bad faith abuse of the deletion review process. Tony's vexatious games wasted lots of the time and energy of other editors, esp of the closer JJMC89. I hope that Tony will never pull a stunt like that again. --BrownHairedGirl (talk) • (contribs) 00:01, 31 March 2019 (UTC)
The Signpost: 31 March 2019Edit
- From the editors: Getting serious about humor
- News and notes: Blackouts fail to stop EU Copyright Directive
- In the media: Women's history month
- Discussion report: Portal debates continue, Prespa agreement aftermath, WMF seeks a rebranding
- Featured content: Out of this world
- Arbitration report: The Tides of March at ARBCOM
- Traffic report: Exultations and tribulations
- Technology report: New section suggestions and sitewide styles
- News from the WMF: The WMF's take on the new EU Copyright Directive
- Recent research: Barnstar-like awards increase new editor retention
- From the archives: Esperanza organization disbanded after deletion discussion
- Humour: The Epistolary of Arthur 37
- Op-Ed: Pro and Con: Has gun violence been improperly excluded from gun articles?
- In focus: The Wikipedia SourceWatch
- Special report: Wiki Loves (50 Years of) Pride
- Community view: Wikipedia's response to the New Zealand mosque shootings
File:20070325 DuSable Museum New Construction.JPG listed for discussionEdit
A file that you uploaded or altered, File:20070325 DuSable Museum New Construction.JPG, has been listed at Wikipedia:Files for discussion. Please see the discussion to see why it has been listed (you may have to search for the title of the image to find its entry). Feel free to add your opinion on the matter below the nomination. Thank you. Yann (talk) 16:27, 7 April 2019 (UTC)
News and updates for administrators from the past month (March 2019).
- In Special:Preferences under "Appearance" → "Advanced options", there is now an option to show a confirmation prompt when clicking on a rollback link.
- The Wikimedia Foundation's Community health initiative plans to design and build a new user reporting system to make it easier for people experiencing harassment and other forms of abuse to provide accurate information to the appropriate channel for action to be taken. Please see meta:Community health initiative/User reporting system consultation 2019 to provide your input on this idea.
- Two more administrator accounts were compromised. Evidence has shown that these attacks, like previous incidents, were due to reusing a password that was used on another website that suffered a data breach. If you have ever used your current password on any other website, you should change it immediately. All admins are strongly encouraged to enable two-factor authentication, please consider doing so. Please always practice appropriate account security by ensuring your password is secure and unique to Wikimedia.
- As a reminder, according to WP:NOQUORUM, administrators looking to close or relist an AfD should evaluate a nomination that has received few or no comments as if it were a proposed deletion (PROD) prior to determining whether it should be relisted.
Articles you might like to edit, from SuggestBotEdit
Note: All columns in this table are sortable, allowing you to rearrange the table so the articles most interesting to you are shown at the top. All images have mouse-over popups with more information. For more information about the columns and categories, please consult the documentation and please get in touch on SuggestBot's talk page with any questions you might have.
SuggestBot picks articles in a number of ways based on other articles you've edited, including straight text similarity, following wikilinks, and matching your editing patterns against those of other Wikipedians. It tries to recommend only articles that other Wikipedians have marked as needing work. We appreciate that you have signed up to receive suggestions regularly; your contributions make Wikipedia better — thanks for helping!