Ecumenical Christmas Oratorio
|Born||2 August 2009|
|Education||Technische Hochschule Hannover|
|people, places, performances|
quality article improvement
Did you know ...
- ... that the tenor Alfred Vökt, who performed in the premiere of Henze's Il re cervo, had a Doctor of Law degree?
- ... that Peter Hirsch conducted the premiere of the revised and complete version of Luigi Nono's Prometeo at La Scala in 1985?
- ... that Die Elenden sollen essen, BWV 75, performed in 1723 in the Nikolaikirche, was the first cantata of Bach's annual cycles, each containing works for the Sundays and church holidays through a year?
- ... that during World War II, Elisabeth Erdmann-Macke safeguarded the paintings of her first husband, August Macke, who portrayed her more than 200 times?
- ... that American opera singer Jennifer Holloway portrayed Grete in Schreker's Der ferne Klang at the Oper Frankfurt as a young girl whose lover leaves her, as a courtesan, and as an old woman who holds the returned lover while he dies?
- ... that the soprano Elżbieta Szmytka recorded Chopin's Polish songs and performed in Górecki's Symphony of Sorrowful Songs, celebrating a century of Polish independence?
- ... that when directing Der Ring in Minden, Wagner's Ring Cycle at a municipal theatre, Gerd Heinz focused on the psychology in the interactions of the characters?
- ... that in 1990, Forbes named Carmen Thomas one of the 100 most influential women in Germany for running Hallo Ü-Wagen, a weekly travelling talk radio show with audience participation?
- ... that Monteverdi set the beginning of Psalm 70, traditionally opening vespers, in his Vespro della Beata Vergine as a brilliant "call to attention"?
- ... that Liselotte Hammes, a soprano with the Cologne Opera, appeared as Sophie in Der Rosenkavalier at the Glyndebourne Festival alongside Teresa Żylis-Gara in the title role and Montserrat Caballé as the Marschallin?
- ... that Christa Wolf's Der geteilte Himmel (cover pictured), published in East Germany in 1963, was called a "socialist bestseller"?
- ... that a clinic in Mali is named after Werner Bardenhewer, born 90 years ago today (30 January 2019), who was for decades priest of St. Bonifatius, Wiesbaden, and then founded a charity group? RIP
- ... that the interior of the church Mariä Heimsuchung, a tall concrete landmark of Wiesbaden, features two large, abstract triptychs?
- ... that "Das Weizenkorn muss sterben" (The grain of wheat must die), the signature song written by Lothar Zenetti, deals with the mystery of faith that in death there is life?
- ... that architect Jörg Streli and his two colleagues, a team for 35 years, designed the Sankt-Margarethen-Kapelle in Tyrol, which rises like a tower on a circular floor?
- ... that Arvo Pärt composed the motet The Deer's Cry on a commission from Louth, Ireland, setting the conclusion of Saint Patrick's Breastplate, "Christ with me"?
- ... that the Limburger Domsingknaben, a boys' choir founded in 1967 by Wilhelm Kempf to sing at the Limburg Cathedral, took part in the premiere of Kagel's Sankt-Bach-Passion?
- ... that Bach set the phrase "Unto thee, O God, do we give thanks" from Psalm 75 in German to begin a cantata, and in Latin in his Mass in B minor?
- ... that David Timm, the director of music at Leipzig University, recorded his Jazz-Messe together with Reger's Der 100. Psalm?
- ... that in 1990, hornist, conductor, and composer Siegfried Geißler opened the inaugural session of the first Parliament of Thuringia?
- ... that Wilhelm Kempf, Bishop of Limburg from 1949 to 1981, took part in the Second Vatican Council and introduced its innovations in his diocese, including spiritual discourse and open dialogue?
- ... that Fallt mit Danken, fallt mit Loben (Fall with thanks, fall with praise), Part IV of Bach's Christmas Oratorio for New Year's Day 1735, celebrates the naming of Jesus?
- ... that after the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change shared the Nobel Peace Prize, contributing author Raymond Arritt said, "It's kind of neat: I have, like, .002 percent of a Nobel prize now"?
|Fallt mit Danken, fallt mit Loben, BWV 248 IV||1 Jan q||23 Jan||EU10k|
|Im Frieden dein, o Herre mein||13 Jan q||2 Feb||de: 2 Feb
SG: 26 Feb
|EU10k RIP Shock Brigade Harvester Boris 14 November 2018|
|Werner Bardenhewer||16 Jan||30 Jan||de: 18 Jan
SG 30 Jan
RD 14−15 Apr
|EU10k 90th bday 30 Jan RIP 10 April|
|Psalm 75 (Unto thee, O God, do we give thanks)||20 Jan||28 Feb||de++||expand (2010 by Xyz7890) with Yoninah|
|Jörg Streli||20 Feb||23 Mar||de: 20 Feb
SG 26 Feb
|EU10k RIP 13 Feb|
|Amore traditore, BWV 203||21 Mar||nom||de++||expand (2012 by Dr. Blofeld) EU10k premiere 1719? - happy birthday|
|Vespro della Beata Vergine||25 Mar||nom||de++||expand (2003 by IP) EU10k sources by Brianboulton|
|Sylvia Geszty||3 Apr||nom||de++||184 EU10k started by LouisAlain 26 Mar RIP 13 December 2018|
|Bohumil Herlischka||11 Apr||nom||de||EU10k started by LouisAlain 6 Mar|
|Psalm 150 (Franck)||14 Apr||nom||de: 9 Jun||EU10k|
|Theater Saarbrücken||20 Apr||24 Jun||de++||EU10k|
|Wilhelmine Lübke||3 May||nom||de+||192 May women EU10k bday 9 May|
|Hallo Ü-Wagen||3 May||nom||de||EU10k|
|Elisabeth Erdmann-Macke||4 May||17 Jun||de++||193 May women EU10k bday 11 May|
|Psalm 103 (Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.)||6 May||de++||expand (2010 by Xyz7890) with Yoninah and JohnThorne|
|Das Märchen von der schönen Lilie||7 May||15 May||expand (2007 by Michael Bednarek) EU10k premiere 15 May 1969|
|Georg Katzer||8 May||RD 8–13 May||de++||refs EU10k RIP 7 May, article started by Jerome Kohl|
|Antigone oder die Stadt||9 May||DYK||EU10k|
|Jens Beutel||10 May||de++||expand EU10k RIP 8 May|
|Alfred Kirchner||11 May||22 May||de||EU10k bday 22 May|
|Anatol Herzfeld||13 May||de+||expand (2013 by Wikiwiserick) EU10k RIP 10 May, notice 12 May|
|Deborah Cook (soprano)||14 May||ar||refs, EU10k RIP 22 April, notice 8 May|
|Erik Werba||15 May||nom||de++||EU10k started by LouisAlain 17 Feb, bday 23 May|
|Wächter (Anatol)||16 May||nom||EU10k|
|Kaufhaus Tyrol||17 May||de||EU10k|
|Rolf Riehm||18 May||nom||de||EU10k started by LouisAlain 15 May, bday 15 Jun|
|Christus ist erstanden! O tönt||19 May||EU10k|
|Joseph Ward (tenor)||20 May||fr+||refs, EU10k RIP 27 April, notice 8 May|
|Stephen Climax||21 May||DYK||EU10k with Grimes2|
|Die wundersame Schustersfrau||22 May||nom||de||EU10k|
|Alfred Vökt||23 May||26 Jun||de||EU10k|
|Hermin Esser||24 May||nom||de||EU10k|
|Two Motets, Op. 74 (Brahms)||25 May||DYK||de||EU10k thinking of John: Warum?|
|Missa brevis (Nystedt)||26 May||DYK||de: 10 Jun||EU10k Pentecost|
|Melanie Diener||27 May||nom||194 EU10k started by LouisAlain 28 Mar|
|Kieth Engen||28 May||nom||de+||EU10k started by LouisAlain|
|Peter Hirsch (conductor)||29 May||nom||de||EU10k started by LouisAlain 22 May|
|Litany to the Virgin Mary (Szymanowski)||30 May||EU10k|
|Psalm 13 (How long wilt thou forget me, O LORD? for ever?)||31 May||de++||expand (2010 by Xyz7890) with Yoninah and JohnThorne|
|Hans Nachod||1 Jun||EU10k started by EEng|
|For the beauty of the earth (Rutter)||2 Jun||nom|
|Günther Schneider-Siemssen||3 Jun||nom||de||EU10k bday 7 Jun|
|Ernst Christoph Dressler||4 Jun||23 Jun||de: 23 Jun||EU10k started and nominated by Scolaire|
|Lilian Benningsen||5 Jun||nom||de||195 EU10k started by LouisAlain 29 May|
|Damiano Michieletto||6 Jun||nom||de+||expand (2015 by Edwardx) EU10k|
|Ian Koziara||7 Jun||EU10k|
|Münchner Lach- und Schießgesellschaft||8 Jun||de||EU10k|
|Wer mich liebet, der wird mein Wort halten, BWV 59||9 Jun q||y||de++||expand (2011) EU10k|
|A Clare Benediction||10 Jun||nom|
|Ernst Gerold Schramm||11 Jun||nom||de++||EU10k|
|Psalm 150 (Praise ye the LORD. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power.)||12 Jun||nom||de++||expand (2010 by James470) with Yoninah and JohnThorne|
|Sven-David Sandström||13 Jun||de++||expand ()2006 by Scottandrewhutchins) EU10k RIP 10 Jun, article started by Jerome Kohl|
|Irische Legende||15 Jun||nom||expand stub EU10k thinking of Kafka Liz|
|Nun danket alle Gott, BWV 192||16 Jun||de+||expand (2012 by Dr. Blofeld) EU10k|
|Bernd Weikl||17 Jun||de||expand (2007 by GuillaumeTell) EU10k with HandsomeMrToad|
|Jedermann (play)||18 Jun||de++||expand (2012 by MGTom) EU10k|
|Ulrich Tadday||21 Jun||de||EU10k started by LouisAlain but copyvio|
|Eberbach Abbey||22 Jun||de++||expand (2008 by Oliver s.) EU10k|
|Stabat Mater (Dvořák)||23 Jun||de++||expand (2008 by Vejvančický) EU10k|
|Wibke Bruhns||24 Jun||nom||de++||EU10k RIP 20 Jun|
|Iván Erőd||25 Jun||y
RD 26 Jun
|de++||EU10k RIP 24 Jun|
|Nicolas Joel||26 Jun||nom||de++||EU10k started by LouisAlain 3 Dec 2018|
|Harry Buckwitz||Jun||nom||de++||EU10k started by LouisAlain 24 June|
|Kurt Honolka||nom||de||EU10k started by LouisAlain 1 Apr|
|Ulrich Leyendecker||nom||de||expand EU10k|
|Ambroise Ouédraogo||nom||expand stub EU10k|
|Oper Frankfurt||nom||de||redirect EU10k with Grimes2|
|Paulinerkirche, Leipzig||y||de++||update (2009 by Neddyseagoon) EU10k|
|Verein der Berliner Künstlerinnen||nom||de||EU10k|
|Evangelist (music)||y||EU10k expand|
|Geschwinde, ihr wirbelnden Winde, BWV 201||nom||de++||expand (2011 by Neddyseagoon) EU10k|
|Die Zeit, die Tag und Jahre macht, BWV 134a||12 Jun 2018||y · TFA
1 January 2019
|de++||expand (2010) EU10k GA nom 2 Sep, GA by Ritchie 18 Sep, FAC 4 Oct, FA 8 Nov, TFA 1 Jan 2019|
|Fallt mit Danken, fallt mit Loben, BWV 248 IV||1 Jan||23 Jan||EU10k GAN 23 Jan|
|Ich will den Kreuzstab gerne tragen, BWV 56||y||de++||expand (2006 by Dgies), FAC 6 Apr 2018, archived 12 Jun|
|Nun komm, der Heiden Heiland||11 May||de++||expand (2010 by Neddyseagoon) EU10k, GAN 13 Dec 2018, review by Vami IV 30 Mar, GA 1 Apr|
|Jauchzet, frohlocket! BWV 248 I||6 Dec 2018||25 Dec||EU10k 25 Dec GAN 25 Dec|
|Unionskirche, Idstein||6 Jan||y||de++||expand (2011) reformation EU10k GAN 6 Jan, review by AhmadLX 10 Jun|
|Nun danket all und bringet Ehr||9 Jan||y||de+||expand (2018) GAN 9 Jan|
|Im Frieden dein, o Herre mein||13 Jan||2 Feb||EU10k RIP Shock Brigade Harvester Boris 14 November 2018 · GAN 2 Feb|
|Nun bitten wir den Heiligen Geist||15 Jan||y||de+||expand (2011) EU10k GAN 14 Feb 2017, review by Yash! 25 Apr, GA 6 May, PRN 15 Jan 2019|
|Allein Gott in der Höh sei Ehr||11 Mar||y||de++||expand (2017) EU10k|
|Vespro della Beata Vergine||25 Mar||nom||de++||expand (2003 by IP) EU10k|
|Wer mich liebet, der wird mein Wort halten, BWV 59||9 Jun||y||de++||expand (2011) EU10k|
Deaths, with thanks for what they did in lifeEdit
The people in bold shaped my life.
|Raymond Arritt||14 November 2018||29 Nov||12 Jan||de++||nom, by IntoThinAir - shock|
|Amos Oz||28 December||29 Dec||30 Dec – 3 Jan||de++||update (2003 by IP)|
|Wilma Lipp||26 January 2019||28 Jan||28 Jan||de++||expand (2008 by Marleau)|
|Tomi Ungerer||8 February||10 Feb||10–11 Feb||de++||expand (2004 by Wolf Deunan)|
|Hans Stadlmair||13 February||16 Feb||16–17 Feb||y||de+||expand (2011)|
|Jörg Streli||13 February||20 Feb||23 Mar||de: 20 Feb
SG 26 Feb
|Lothar Zenetti||24 February||25 Feb||25 Feb – 1 Mar||y||de||Das Weizenkorn muss sterben|
|Jacques Loussier||5 March||7 Mar||7–11 Mar||de++||refs|
|Michael Gielen||8 March||8 Mar||10–14 Mar||de++||expand · Ein Traumspiel|
|Sylvia Geszty||13 December 2018||3 Apr||nom||de++||expand|
|Werner Bardenhewer||10 April||13 Apr||14−15 Apr||30 Jan||de++||Christus, der uns selig macht|
|Georg Katzer||7 May||8 May||8–13 May||de++||refs, article started by Jerome Kohl|
|Anatol Herzfeld||10 May||13 May||de+||expand (2013 by Wikiwiserick) Wächter (Anatol)|
|Unita Blackwell||13 May||14 May||14–19 May||2017||GA by Coffee|
|Fylbecatulous||29 October 2018||se||noticed 16 May · her edit notice: "I contribute here for happiness; as an enchantment against sorrow."|
|Sven-David Sandström||10 June||12 Jun||de++|
|Wibke Bruhns||20 June||24 Jun||nom||de++||new|
|Iván Erőd||24 June||25 Jun||26 Jun||2011||de++|
Günther Leib 23 Jun ··· Golem (Casken opera) ·· Elizabeth Bartlet (musicologist) · Hansgünther Heyme q · Pasqualati House p · Marlise Wendels q · Ein Landarzt (opera) · Apollo 11 Fiftieth Anniversary commemorative coins · ..... sofferte onde serene ...
nominated: 8 · open: 1 · appeared: 7 · pictured: 1 · stats: 0 · quirky: 2
Nick van den Berg · Canadian Comedy Awards, Made in Canada GA p · Welsh Premier League Golden Boot · Jeanne Laisné (soprano) · Mandy Moore (choreographer) · David Scott p · Ten Portraits of Jews of the Twentieth Century · Cycloseris distorta p · Humbertia madagascariensis (110) · Wildlife of Senegal 2 · Zond 5 GA ·· RISE project · Ernst Christoph Dressler · Église Saint-Maurice, Soultz-Haut-Rhin (short) · McCollom Institute · Willem Botha · Crinoid ps GA · Alejandra Melfo (100, more archived)
reviewed: 119 · open: 13 · appeared: 106 · pictured: 18 · quirky: 10 · stats: 19
Elizabeth Raffald FAC · 2018 World Snooker Championship FAC · Adele Spitzeder PR · SMS Hannover FAC · Frank Matcham PR · The Boat Race 2019 FAC · SMS Lothringen FAC · Alf Ramsey FAC · SMS Preussen (1903) FAC · Gioachino Rossini TFA 2 Jun FAC PR · SMS Schlesien FAC
Mary, mother of Jesus ·· Three German Dances no · Saint Peter no · Divided Heaven (film) no · Musical settings of sayings of Jesus on the cross · Oper Frankfurt · Der geteilte Himmel · Trois Chansons (Ravel) · La donna serpente (opera)
Request for comment
- Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Quality Article Improvement
- Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Germany · Interview · Signpost 2014-04-02 Project Germany · DYK
- ill · German Culture
- Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Editor Retention
- Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Freedom of speech
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Infoboxes
- Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Opera · DYK · I love opera
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Women · Women in Red · showcase
- Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Classical music · participants
- Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Composers
- Europe/The 10,000 Challenge
- Wikipedia:In the news/Candidates