Ecumenical Christmas Oratorio
|Born||2 August 2009|
|Education||Technische Hochschule Hannover|
|people, places, performances|
quality article improvement
Did you know ...
- ... that David Timm, the director of music at Leipzig University, recorded his Jazz-Messe together with Reger's Der 100. Psalm?
- ... that the Leipziger Universitätschor, part of centuries of music at Leipzig University, received an Echo Klassik for a recording of Hugo Distler's Liturgische Gesänge?
- ... that in 1990, hornist, conductor, and composer Siegfried Geißler opened the inaugural session of the first Parliament of Thuringia?
- ... that Wilhelm Kempf, Bishop of Limburg from 1949 to 1981, took part in the Second Vatican Council and introduced its innovations in his diocese, including spiritual discourse and open dialogue?
- ... that George Tabori wrote Goldberg Variations as a play within a play, presenting biblical scenes satirically as a series of disasters?
- ... that "Joy to the World" is one of the hymns based on Psalm 96, "Sing to the Lord a new song"?
- ... that bass singer Carlos Feller made his debut at the Teatro Colón in 1946, and at the Metropolitan Opera in 1988 in his signature role of Don Alfonso in Mozart's Così fan tutte?
- ... that when Friedrich Spitta revised "Im Frieden dein, o Herre mein", a 1530 German Lutheran communion hymn based on the biblical Nunc dimittis, he completely changed the meaning?
- ... that a clinic in Mopti, Mali, is named after Werner Bardenhewer, born 90 years ago today (30 January), who was for decades priest of St. Bonifatius, Wiesbaden, and then founded a charity group?
- ... that Marianne Schech appeared as the Dyer's Wife in the U.S. premiere of Die Frau ohne Schatten by Richard Strauss at the San Francisco Opera?
- ... that the poet, cartoonist, and satirist F. W. Bernstein was professor of caricature and comics in Berlin, the only such chair in the world at the time?
- ... that Fallt mit Danken, fallt mit Loben (Fall with thanks, fall with praise), Part IV of Bach's Christmas Oratorio for New Year's Day 1735, celebrates the naming of Jesus?
- ... that music publisher Henri Hinrichsen, owner of C. F. Peters in Leipzig, promoted composers such as Gustav Mahler, Max Reger, and Arnold Schoenberg?
- ... that the journalist Johann Georg Reißmüller, a co-publisher of the FAZ, is credited with playing an important part in Germany's recognition of Croatia and Slovenia?
- ... that after the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change shared the Nobel Peace Prize, contributing author Raymond Arritt said, "It's kind of neat: I have, like, .002 percent of a Nobel prize now"?
- ... that Max Reger composed Introduction, Passacaglia and Fugue, Op. 127, for Karl Straube, to be played as the first organ piece at the new Centennial Hall in Breslau in 1913?
|Fallt mit Danken, fallt mit Loben, BWV 248 IV||1 Jan q||23 Jan||EU10k|
|Hetty Plümacher||2 Jan||de||158 EU10k started by LouisAlain|
|Carlos Feller||3 Jan||3 Feb||es
de: 15 Jan
SG 19 Feb
|EU10k started by HandsomeMrtoad RIP 21 December 2018, de by Brodkey65|
|Psalm 96 (Sing unto the Lord a new song)||4 Jan||4 Feb||de++||expand (2010 by Xyz7890) with Yoninah|
|Landestheater Detmold||5 Jan||DYK||de||expand stub EU10k, done by OrestesLebt|
|Unionskirche, Idstein||6 Jan||y - q||de++||expand (2011) reformation EU10k GAN 6 Jan|
|Albert Dohmen||7 Jan||6 Feb||de++||EU10k started by LouisAlain 3 Jan|
|Zuzana Marková (soprano)||8 Jan||nom||cs||159 EU10k|
|Nun danket all und bringet Ehr||9 Jan||y - q||fr, de: 30 Jan||expand (2018)|
|Ildikó Raimondi||10 Jan||12 Feb||de||160 EU10k started by LouisAlain 2 Jan|
|Psalm 2 (Why do the heathen rage?)||11 Jan||de++||expand (2009 by Difu Wu) with Yoninah|
|Theo Adam||12 Jan||RD 13 Jan||de++||expand (2005 by FuriousFreddy) RIP 10 January 2019|
|Im Frieden dein, o Herre mein||13 Jan q||2 Feb||de: 2 Feb||EU10k RIP Shock Brigade Harvester Boris 14 November 2018|
|Karl Lindau||14 Jan||nom||de+||EU10k started by LouisAlain 7 Jan|
|Nun bitten wir den Heiligen Geist||15 Jan||y - q||de+||expand (2011) EU10k GAN 14 Feb 2017, review by Yash! 25 Apr, GA 6 May|
|Werner Bardenhewer||16 Jan||30 Jan||de: 18 Jan
SG 30 Jan
|EU10k 90th bday 30 Jan|
|Siegfried Geißler||17 Jan||17 Feb||de||EU10k started by LouisAlain 11 Jan|
|Ute Vinzing||18 Jan||no||de+||161 EU10k started by LouisAlain 14 Jan|
|David Timm||19 Jan||19 Feb||de+||EU10k started by LouisAlain 13 Jan|
|Psalm 75 (Unto thee, O God, do we give thanks)||20 Jan||DYK||de++||expand (2010 by Xyz7890) with Yoninah|
|Vincent Boussard||22 Jan||DYK||fr||EU10k started by LouisAlain 16 Jan|
|pardon (magazine)||23 Jan||de++||EU10k|
|Caricatura Museum Frankfurt||24 Jan||de+||EU10k|
|Genia Kühmeier||25 Jan||DYK||de+||162 EU10k started by LouisAlain 17 Jan|
|Neue Frankfurter Schule||26 Jan||de+||EU10k|
|Wie schön leuchtet der Morgenstern, BWV 1||27 Jan||y q||de++||expand (2005 by Camembert) EU10k for a birthday|
|Wilma Lipp||28 Jan||RD 28 Jan||de++||expand (2008 by Marleau) 163 EU10k RIP 26 January 2019, with Grimes2|
|Jean Guillou||29 Jan||RD 29 Jan||de++||expand (2006 by ErinKM) RIP 26 January 2019|
|Sophie Karthäuser||30 Jan||DYK||de+||164 EU10k started by LouisAlain 22 Jan|
|Julia Kleiter||31 Jan||DYK||de||165 EU10k started by LouisAlain 29 Jan|
|Günter Krämer||1 Feb||de||EU10k started by LouisAlain 31 Jan|
|Ewandro Stenzowski||2 Feb||DYK||EU10k started by OrestesLebt 29 Jan|
|Jauchzet dem Herrn, alle Welt (Mendelssohn)||3 Feb||nom||EU10k composer's birthday|
|Chandos Anthems||4 Feb||DYK|
|Leonie Ossowski||5 Feb||RD 5–8 Feb||de++||166 EU10k RIP 4 Feb|
|Spas Wenkoff||6 Feb||nom||de++||EU10k started by LouisAlain 2 Feb|
|Claire Born||7 Feb||nom||de++||167 EU10k started by LouisAlain 1 Feb|
|Alfred Jerger||8 Feb||DYK||de+||EU10k started by LouisAlain 1 Feb|
|Ruthilde Boesch||9 Feb||DYK||de||168 EU10k started by LouisAlain 2 Feb|
|Tomi Ungerer||10 Feb||RD 10 Feb||de++||expand (2004 by Wolf Deunan) RIP 8 February 2019|
|Limburger Domsingknaben||11 Feb||nom||de+||expand (2005 by IP) EU10k|
|Ria Ginster||12 Feb||DYK||de||169 EU10k started by LouisAlain 8 Feb|
|Ralf Otto||13 Feb||DYK||de||EU10k started by LouisAlain 6 Feb|
|Leo Riemens||14 Feb||DYK||de||EU10k started by LouisAlain 7 Feb|
|Psalm 93 (The LORD reigneth, he is clothed with majesty)||15 Feb||nom||de++||expand (2010 by Xyz7890) with Yoninah|
|Hans Stadlmair||16 Feb||y · RD 16–17 Feb||de+||expand (2011) EU10k RIP 13 Feb|
|Bruno Ganz||16 Feb||RD 16–18 Feb||de++||expand (2004 by IP) EU10k RIP 16 Feb|
|Lord, have mercy upon us (Mendelssohn)||17 Feb||nom||EU10k|
|Margit Bokor||18 Feb||nom||de++||170 EU10k started by LouisAlain 9 Feb|
|Friedrich Rabenschlag||19 Feb||nom||de||EU10k|
|Robert Schunk||20 Feb||DYK||de||EU10k started by LouisAlain 2 Feb|
|Marc Piollet||21 Feb||nom||de+||EU10k started by LouisAlain 4 Feb|
|Erik Werba||22 Feb||nom||de++||EU10k started by LouisAlain 17 Feb|
|Trois chansons (Ravel)||23 Feb||nom||fr||EU10k started by LouisAlain 18 Feb|
|Psalm 130 (Kiel)||24 Feb||nom||EU10k|
|Lydia Steier||25||nom||171 EU10k|
|Amore traditore, BWV 203||nom||de+||expand (2012 by Dr. Blofeld) EU10k premiere 1719?|
|Paulinerkirche, Leipzig||y||de++||update (2009 by Neddyseagoon) EU10k|
|Die Nacht ist kommen (Reger)||11 Mar||nom||EU10k|
|Vespro della Beata Vergine||25 Mar||nom||expand (2003 by IP) EU10k|
|Missa brevis (Nystedt)||Apr||nom||EU10k Pentecost|
|For the Beauty of the Earth (Rutter)||nom|
|Die Zeit, die Tag und Jahre macht, BWV 134a||12 Jun 2018||y · TFA
1 January 2019
|de++||expand (2010) EU10k GA nom 2 Sep, GA by Ritchie 18 Sep, FAC 4 Oct, FA 8 Nov, TFA 1 Jan 2019|
|Fallt mit Danken, fallt mit Loben, BWV 248 IV||1 Jan||23 Jan||EU10k GAN 23 Jan|
|Ich will den Kreuzstab gerne tragen, BWV 56||y||de++||expand (2006 by Dgies), FAC 6 Apr 2018, archived 12 Jun|
|Nun komm, der Heiden Heiland||nom||de++||expand (2010 by Neddyseagoon) EU10k, GAN 13 Dec|
|Jauchzet, frohlocket! BWV 248 I||6 Dec 2018||25 Dec||EU10k 25 Dec GAN 25 Dec|
|Unionskirche, Idstein||6 Jan||y||de++||expand (2011) reformation EU10k GAN 6 Jan|
|Nun danket all und bringet Ehr||9 Jan||y||de+||expand (2018) GAN 9 Jan|
|Im Frieden dein, o Herre mein||13 Jan||2 Feb||EU10k RIP Shock Brigade Harvester Boris 14 November 2018 · GAN 2 Feb|
|Nun bitten wir den Heiligen Geist||15 Jan||y||de+||expand (2011) EU10k GAN 14 Feb 2017, review by Yash! 25 Apr, GA 6 May, PRN 15 Jan 2019|
|Eugène de Mirecourt||24 Nov||nom||fr++||EU10k started by LouisAlain|
|Leipziger Universitätschor||31 Dec||19 Feb||de+||EU10k|
|Raymond Arritt||14 November 2018||29 Nov||12 Jan||de++||nom, by IntoThinAir|
|Johann Georg Reißmüller||10 December||14 Dec||17 Jan||de+||new|
|F. W. Bernstein||20 December||21 Dec||25 Jan||de+||expand (2012 by Joe Decker)|
|Carlos Feller||21 December||3 Jan||3 Feb||es
SG 19 Feb
|started by HandsomeMrtoad, German by Brodkey|
|Amos Oz||28 December||29 Dec||30 Dec – 3 Jan||de++||update (2003 by IP)|
|Theo Adam||10 January 2019||12 Jan||12–13 Jan||de++||expand (2005 by FuriousFreddy)|
|Wilma Lipp||26 January||28 Jan||28 Jan||de++||expand (2008 by Marleau)|
|Jean Guillou||26 January||29 Jan||29 Jan||de++||expand (2006 by ErinKM)|
|Leonie Ossowski||4 February||5 Feb||5–8 Feb||de++||expand (2018 by Big iron)|
|Tomi Ungerer||8 February||10 Feb||RD 10–11 Feb||de++||expand (2004 by Wolf Deunan)|
|Hans Stadlmair||13 February||16 Feb||RD 16–17 Feb||y||de+||expand (2011)|
|Bruno Ganz||16 February||16 Feb||RD 16–18 Feb||de++||expand (2004 by IP)|
nominated: 5 · open: 5 · appeared: 0 · pictured: 0 · stats: 0 · quirky: 0
Lynnwood Farnam · Nao Tōyama p · Red-collared lorikeet p · A. C. Bilbrew · Merrill Bradshaw · Reina Ueda · Arianna String Quartet · Dorothy Vena Johnson (30) · Jennie Jackson p · Qiu Dahong · Durham (poem) p · Wildlife of Kuwait 2 · Lamellenhelm p · Galápagos ghostshark · Mary Margaret Francis · John W. Kirklin · John Hutchison (sculptor) p · Bracha Zefira p (20) · Adele Astaire p · Yu-chien Kuan p · The Tempestry Project p · Hamilton Hamilton · Crime in the City (Sixty to Zero Part I) · Tarraville · Malcolm Mencer Martin · Marika Kouno · Tucson Girls Chorus (10) · Serpula columbiana · Chiquimula Department ·· Ferdinand Rudow · Maria Guajardo · Firhad Hakim · Augusta Peaux · Christian Cabrol · Crooked Billet q · Cullands Grove · Murder of Jane Britton ps
reviewed: 37 · open: 29 · appeared: 8 · pictured: 1 · quirky: 1 · stats: 1
2018: Caroline Katzenstein p · Acacia shirleyi p ·· The Nature of Prejudice · Die Göttin der Vernunft q · Echoes (Binchy novel) · Sakina Aliyeva · Little brown bat · Tibor Kováč (210) · Wilfrid Butt · Macrozamia riedlei p · Temulji Bhicaji Nariman · Known unto God · Mamie Garvin Fields · Dorothée Munyaneza · Siren reticulata q · David Hughson q · Lisa Buckwitz (200, for more see archive)
reviewed 2018: 217 · open: 2 · appeared: 209 · closed: 4 · w: 2 · pictured: 38 · quirky: 20 · stats: 31
- Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Quality Article Improvement
- Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Germany · Interview · Signpost 2014-04-02 Project Germany · DYK
- ill · German Culture
- Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Editor Retention
- Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Freedom of speech
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Infoboxes
- Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Opera · DYK · I love opera
- Wikipedia:WikiProject Women · Women in Red · showcase
- Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Classical music · participants
- Wikipedia talk:WikiProject Composers
- Europe/The 10,000 Challenge
- Wikipedia:In the news/Candidates