Democratic Caucus Vice Chairman of the United States House of Representatives
The Vice-Chair of the Democratic Caucus in the United States House of Representatives is a leadership position that ranks just below the Chair of the House Democratic Caucus. In addition to other duties, the Vice-Chair has a seat on the Steering and Policy Committee.
The office of Secretary of the Democratic Caucus preceded the office of Vice-Chair. Until its elimination in 1987, the office of Secretary was reserved for a female member of the House.
List of SecretariesEdit
This list may be incomplete.
List of Vice-ChairsEdit
- Mary Rose Oakar (1987–1989)
- Steny Hoyer (1989)
- Vic Fazio (1989–1995)
- Barbara B. Kennelly (1995–1999)
- Bob Menendez (1999–2003)
- Jim Clyburn (2003–2005)
- John B. Larson (2006–2009)
- Xavier Becerra (2009–2012)
- Joe Crowley (2012–2017)
- Linda Sánchez (2017–2019)
- Katherine Clark (2019–present)
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2006-11-29. Retrieved 2006-12-21. Cite uses deprecated parameter
|deadurl=(help)CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Congressional Women: On the Secretary position
- "Center for American Women and Politics" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2009-03-26. Retrieved 2008-12-19. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2011-02-04. Retrieved 2011-07-18. Cite uses deprecated parameter
|dead-url=(help)CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)