List of NCAA Division I women's soccer programs
This is a list of women's college soccer programs in the United States that play in NCAA Division I. As of the 2017 NCAA Division I women's soccer season, 334 schools in the United States sponsor Division I varsity women's soccer; all are full Division I members except Colorado College, a Division III member which competes in Division I only for women's soccer and men's ice hockey. This list reflects each team's conference affiliation as of the upcoming 2019 NCAA women's soccer season.
Current Division I schoolsEdit
- California Baptist and North Alabama began transitions from NCAA Division II in July 2018. Both schools become full D-I members in the 2022–23 school year.
- Effective July 1, 2019, the University of Missouri–Kansas City announced that it had changed its athletic branding from "UMKC" to "Kansas City".
- After the 2018–19 school year, Long Island University will merge the Division I athletic program of its Brooklyn campus with the Division II athletic program of its Post campus, creating a single Division I program that will compete under the LIU name.
- LIU has announced that the unified women's soccer program will play home games at the Post campus in Nassau County, New York.
- The new nickname of Sharks was announced on May 15, 2019.
- The unified LIU athletic program will inherit the Northeast Conference membership of the Brooklyn campus.
- Merrimack began a transition from NCAA Division II in July 2019, and will become a full D-I member in the 2023–24 school year.
|School||Location||State||Type||Team||Future Conference||Making Transition||Starting||Full Membership|
|Bellarmine University||Louisville||Kentucky||Private||Knights||ASUN Conference||From D-II to D-I||2020–21||July 2024|
|Dixie State University||St. George||Utah||Public||Trailblazers||Western Athletic Conference||From D-II to D-I||2020–21||July 2024 |
|University of California, San Diego||La Jolla||California||Public||Tritons||Big West Conference||From D-II to D-I||2020–21||July 2024|
- "NCAA Sports Sponsorship: Division I Women's Soccer". National Collegiate Athletic Association & Turner Sports Interactive, Inc. Retrieved July 19, 2017.
- "UMKC Athletics Completes New Brand Identity" (Press release). Kansas City Athletics. July 1, 2019. Retrieved July 1, 2019.
- "One LIU: Frequently Asked Questions". Long Island University. Retrieved October 11, 2018.
- "Welcome to the Shark Tank: Long Island University Chooses the Shark as New Mascot" (Press release). Long Island University. May 15, 2019. Retrieved May 16, 2019.
- "ASUN Conference Announces Addition of Bellarmine University" (Press release). ASUN Conference. June 18, 2019. Retrieved June 18, 2019.
- "Blazing a New Trail: Dixie State Accepts Invitation to Join Western Athletic Conference" (Press release). Dixie State Trailblazers. January 11, 2019. Retrieved January 25, 2019.
- "CSU Bakersfield, UC San Diego to Join Big West Conference" (Press release). Big West Conference. November 27, 2017. Retrieved December 11, 2017.