University is a census-designated place (CDP) and the official name for an area covering the University of Mississippi (Ole Miss) campus, in Lafayette County, Mississippi, United States. The CDP is surrounded by the city of Oxford. Its official United States Postal Service designation is "University, Mississippi", with a ZIP Code of 38677.
|• Total||0.70 sq mi (1.82 km2)|
|• Land||0.70 sq mi (1.82 km2)|
|• Water||0.0 sq mi (0.0 km2)|
|Elevation||500 ft (200 m)|
|• Density||5,966/sq mi (2,303.3/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC−6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC−5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||2586613|
The University CDP is an enclave surrounded by the city of Oxford, west of its downtown area. It has an area of 0.70 square miles (1.82 km2), all of it recorded as land.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: University Census Designated Place
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Oxford
- "Total Population: 2010 Census DEC Summary File 1 (P1), University CDP, Mississippi". data.census.gov. U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved March 30, 2020.
- "Quick Facts | University of Mississippi". www.olemiss.edu. Retrieved 2015-09-10.
- "U.S. Gazetteer Files: 2019: Places: Mississippi". U.S. Census Bureau Geography Division. Retrieved March 30, 2020.
|This Mississippi location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|