|Welcome to the education noticeboard|
|This page is automatically archived by ClueBot III. Threads with no replies in 7 days may be automatically moved.|
The Monthly Report for April is available as a PDF, on-wiki, and on our blog.Edit
Restoring old records of education programsEdit
In March 2018 the process for formal deprecation of the Wikipedia:Education Program extension began.
We both talked about this at that time.
That extension published many records of class participation on English Wikipedia. I had the idea that the extension would be turned off, but I did not realize that the published records would be deleted. I am writing to ask if and how I could request undeletion of these records.
- Wikipedia:Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai
- Education Program:Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai/Expanding Wikiproject Medicine (2014 Spring)
- Education Program:Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai/Wikiproject Medicine (Winter 2015)
These records contained lists of students who participated in the education program and the articles they edited. Project reports like this contain meta:Learning and Evaluation/Global metrics which the Wikimedia Foundation, universities, and other organizations use to demonstrate program efficacy.
Icahn School of Medicine has some people who are evaluating the history of interest in their Wikipedia program and drafting a narrative of their engagement. If I were to make a request for restoring the text from the education extension, then where should I direct that? Again - I do not want the functionality of the tool, but the text on the page did report wiki account names of participants, when they edited, and what they edited.
- @Bluerasberry: as far as I know, all of that was added to archives (phab:T174802) that you could access, there is also a long outstanding request (phab:T188407) TO "Document clear method for users to access historical data from the education extension". There is no on-wiki "restore" page option for pages in the special education program namespaces. For pages in existing namespaces (e.g. Wikipedia:) onwiki undeletes can be requested at WP:REFUND. Most of the dumps should be publicly accessible here so I suggest you look there first. — xaosflux Talk 18:42, 7 June 2019 (UTC)
- Thanks. It seems the information is archived there. I communicated this at Wikipedia_talk:Icahn_School_of_Medicine_at_Mount_Sinai. Blue Rasberry (talk) 18:48, 7 June 2019 (UTC)
- @Bluerasberry: We migrated some of them to our Dashboard too, so you can see pages here and here. --LiAnna (Wiki Ed) (talk) 16:51, 8 June 2019 (UTC)
- @Salubrious Toxin: Check it out! LiAnna found them! Thanks LiAnna. Blue Rasberry (talk) 23:13, 8 June 2019 (UTC)
- This was brought up on phabricator a few months ago. * Pppery * it has begun... 17:51, 14 June 2019 (UTC)