The Golden Globe Award for Best Actress in a Motion Picture – Comedy or Musical is a Golden Globe Award that was first awarded by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association as a separate category in 1951. Previously, there was a single award for "Best Actress in a Motion Picture", but the splitting allowed for recognition of it and the Best Actress – Drama.
|Golden Globe Award for Best Actress in a Motion Picture – Comedy or Musical|
|Awarded for||Best Performance by a Leading Actress in a Motion Picture – Comedy or Musical|
|Currently held by||Michelle Yeoh for Everything Everywhere All at Once (2022)|
The formal title has varied since its inception. In 2005, it was officially called "Best Performance by an Actress in a Motion Picture – Comedy or Musical". As of 2014[update], the wording is "Best Actress in a Motion Picture – Comedy or Musical".
Winners and nominees edit
|2020||Rosamund Pike||Marla Grayson||I Care a Lot|
|Maria Bakalova||Tutar Sagdiyev||Borat Subsequent Moviefilm|
|Kate Hudson||Kazu Gamble||Music|
|Michelle Pfeiffer||Frances Price||French Exit|
|Anya Taylor-Joy||Emma Woodhouse||Emma|
|2021||Rachel Zegler||María||West Side Story|
|Marion Cotillard||Ann Defrasnoux||Annette|
|Alana Haim||Alana Kane||Licorice Pizza|
|Jennifer Lawrence||Kate Dibiasky||Don't Look Up|
|Emma Stone||Estella / Cruella de Vil||Cruella|
|2022||Michelle Yeoh||Evelyn Wang||Everything Everywhere All At Once|
|Lesley Manville||Ada Harris||Mrs. Harris Goes to Paris|
|Margot Robbie||Nellie LaRoy||Babylon|
|Anya Taylor-Joy||Margot Mills / Erin||The Menu|
|Emma Thompson||Nancy Stokes / Susan Robinson||Good Luck to You, Leo Grande|
Multiple nominees edit
Multiple wins edit
- Angela Bassett became the first actress of African descent to win when she won in 1993.
- Marion Cotillard became the first actress to win for a foreign-language/non-english language performance when she won in 2007.
- Awkwafina became the first actress of Asian descent to win when she won in 2020.
- Rachel Zegler became the first actress of Colombian descent and first Latina to win when she won in 2022. She also became the youngest winner in this category at 20 years old.
- Michelle Yeoh became the first Malaysian actress to win when she won in 2023.
See also edit
- Academy Award for Best Actress
- Critics' Choice Movie Award for Best Actress
- Independent Spirit Award for Best Female Lead
- BAFTA Award for Best Actress in a Leading Role
- Golden Globe Award for Best Actress in a Motion Picture – Drama
- Screen Actors Guild Award for Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Leading Role
- Winners & Nominees 2005||Golden Globes
- "And Now ...... The Winners! - Official Website of the Golden Globe Awards". Archived from the original on 2014-01-14. Retrieved 2014-12-25.
- The Farewell's Awkwafina wins Golden Globe for Best Actress in a Movie Comedy|EW.com
- "Michelle Yeoh becomes first Malaysian to win Golden Globe". Malaysiakini. 2023-01-11. Retrieved 2023-01-11.
- "Michelle Yeoh is Malaysia's first Golden Globe award winner". The Star. Retrieved 2023-01-11.