50th Golden Globe Awards
The 50th Golden Globe Awards, honoring the best in film and television for 1992, were held on Saturday January 23, 1993 at the Beverly Hilton. The nominations were announced on December 29, 1992.
|50th Golden Globe Awards|
|Date||January 23, 1993|
|Best Film: Drama||Scent of a Woman|
|Best Film: Musical or Comedy||The Player|
|Best Drama Series||Northern Exposure|
|Best Musical or Comedy Series||Roseanne|
|Best Miniseries or Television movie||Sinatra|
Winners and nomineesEdit
|Best Motion Picture|
|Drama||Musical or Comedy|
|Scent of a Woman||The Player|
|Best Performance in a Motion Picture – Drama|
|Al Pacino - Scent of a Woman||Emma Thompson - Howards End|
|Best Performance in a Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy|
|Tim Robbins - The Player||Miranda Richardson - Enchanted April|
|Best Supporting Performance in a Motion Picture – Drama, Musical or Comedy|
|Supporting Actor||Supporting Actress|
|Gene Hackman - Unforgiven||Joan Plowright - Enchanted April|
|Best Director||Best Screenplay|
|Clint Eastwood - Unforgiven||Scent of a Woman - Bo Goldman|
|Best Original Score||Best Original Song|
|Aladdin - Alan Menken||"A Whole New World" performed by Peabo Bryson and Regina Belle - Aladdin|
|Best Foreign Language Film|
|Indochine • France|
|Best Television Series|
|Best Series - Drama||Best Series - Comedy or Musical|
|Best Lead Actor in a Television Series|
|Best Actor - Drama Series||Best Actor - Comedy or Musical Series|
|Sam Waterston – I'll Fly Away||John Goodman – Roseanne|
|Best Lead Actress in a Television Series|
|Best Actress - Drama Series||Best Actress - Comedy or Musical Series|
|Regina Taylor – I'll Fly Away||Roseanne Barr – Roseanne|
|Best Supporting Performance - Series, Miniseries or Television Film|
|Best Supporting Actor - Series, Miniseries or Television Film||Best Supporting Actress - Series, Miniseries or Television Film|
|Maximilian Schell – Stalin||Joan Plowright – Stalin|
|Best Actor - Miniseries or Television Movie||Best Actress - Miniseries or Television Movie|
|Robert Duvall – Stalin||Laura Dern – Afterburn|
|Best Miniseries or Television Movie|
The following 5 films received multiple wins:
|3||Scent of a Woman|
The following 3 series received multiple wins:
|2||I'll Fly Away|
- Fox, David (25 January 1993). "Pacino Gives Oscar Derby a New Twist". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 14 January 2018.
- Thomas, Rob (24 January 1993). "'Scent,' Pacino, Thompson Take Globe Awards -- 'Roseanne' Wins Big In TV Categories". The Seattle Times. Retrieved 14 January 2018.
- Weinraub, Bernard (25 January 1993). "All Is Glittery And a Bit Odd At Golden Globes". The New York Times. Retrieved 14 January 2018.
- Fox, David (30 December 1992). "'Men' Reaches Out for a Few Good Globes". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 14 January 2018.
- Horn, John (31 December 1992). "'Good Men,' 'Aladdin' top Golden Globes". Kentucky New Era. Retrieved 14 January 2018 – via Google News Archive.
- "Globe Awards taps nominees". Gainesville Sun. 30 December 1992. Retrieved 14 January 2018 – via Google News Archive.