Towns and cities in England can be defined either by their local government administrative boundaries or by their physical extent.
- List of towns in England
- List of cities in the United Kingdom, including the 51 cities in England, seven in Scotland, six in Wales, and five in Northern Ireland
- List of towns and cities in England by historical population
- List of English counties by population of major settlements sets out the population of each city, town and village with 5,000 or more residents per county.
- List of English districts by population sets out the population of each non-metropolitan district, London borough, metropolitan borough, and unitary authority in England.
- List of urban areas in the United Kingdom sets out each built-up areas's population in England and the wider United Kingdom, as defined by the Office for National Statistics.