This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Astronomical predictions for the 29th centuryEdit
List of the long total solar eclipsesEdit
- May 21, 2813 : Solar eclipse, (6 min 11 s), of saros 170.
- June 1, 2831 : Solar eclipse, (6 min 39 s), of saros 170.
- June 12, 2849 : Solar eclipse, (7 min 00 s), of saros 170.
- June 23, 2867 : Solar eclipse, (7 min 10 s), of saros 170.
- July 3, 2885 : Solar eclipse, (7 min 11 s), of saros 170, "crowning" this series.
- The remnants of Comet Ikeya-Seki are expected to return to the inner Solar System.
It was last seen from Earth in 1965–1966, and broke into three pieces as it approached the Sun.
- March 25, 2816: at 15:47 UTC, Mercury will occult Jupiter.
- March 6, 2817: at 09:36 UTC, Venus will occult Saturn.
- April 11, 2818: at 20:41 UTC, Mercury will occult Mars.
- February 6, 2825: at 10:50 UTC, Mars will occult Uranus.
- 2829/2830: triple conjunction Mars-Saturn.
- December 15, 2830: at 09:40 UTC, Venus will occult Mars.
- 2842/2843: triple conjunction Mars-Jupiter.
- December 16, 2846: transit of Venus.
- December 14, 2854: partial transit of Venus.
- July 20, 2855: at 05:15 UTC, Mercury will occult Jupiter.
- 2866: triple conjunction Mars-Saturn.
- March 16, 2880: predicted possible impact date for asteroid (29075) 1950 DA, the near-Earth object with the highest known probability of crashing into Earth, although the probability of an impact is only 1 in 8,300 (0.012%).
This section does not cite any sources. (June 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- The first two of Dan Simmons's novels in the Hyperion tetralogy, Hyperion and The Fall of Hyperion, take place in the 29th century.
- The Thousand Cultures series of novels (A Million Open Doors, Earth Made of Glass, The Merchants of Souls and The Armies of Memory), by John Barnes, are set in the 29th century.
- Several episodes of Star Trek: Voyager and Star Trek: Enterprise feature time travellers from the 29th century, most notably Captain Braxton of the Federation timeships Aeon and Relativity.
- The 1998 Rick Shelley novel Officer-Cadet is set in the year 2803.
- The 1990 cyberpunk anime Cyber City Oedo 808 is set in the year 2808.
- In the Futurama episode "Xmas Story", 2809 was the year of the first Xmas massacre, caused by an evil robotic Santa Claus which was built by Mom's Friendly Robot Company in 2801.
- In the year 2811 in Marathon 2: Durandal and Marathon Infinity (both by Bungie) the AI Durandal arrives in the Lh'owon system 97 light years from the Milky Ways Center.
- Pixar's 2008 computer-animated movie WALL·E is set in the year 2805, 700 years after humans left Earth due to garbage and pollution.
- Teletoon's cartoon series Rocket Monkeys is set in 2819.
- The game Starsiege is set in the year 2829.
- The 1980s animated series SilverHawks was set in the 29th century. It was reported that the main villain, Mon*Star, escaped Penal Planet 10 at 13:00 intergalactic standard time on the 40th day of the year 2839.
- April 9, 2841 is the day that Professor Hubert Farnsworth (Futurama) is born.
- In 2855 four explorers (two humans and two aliens) are chosen to explore Larry Niven's mysterious Ringworld.
- Enix's Star Ocean: Till the End of Time is set in the year 2859 (772 SD).
- In DC Comics, Kristin Wells is from the year 2862.
- In the Doctor Who episode "The Beast Below", the Eleventh Doctor makes reference to Planet Earth being devastated by intense solar flares, causing countries to launch into space on spaceships containing the populace of their entire country.
- According to Futurama episode "Lethal Inspection", the Sith Invasion takes place in the year 2865.
- Nero's album "Welcome Reality" is set in the year 2808, with several song titles featuring the year.
- In the second game in the Borderlands series, upon exploring the Crimson Raiders HQ, it revealed on Roland's Facebook the events takes placed in this century.
- In Legend of the Galactic Heroes by Yoshiki Tanaka, in the year 2801 the Galactic Federation is founded, power is relocated from Earth (now named Terra) to the planet Teoria, and the Space Era calendar replaces the Georgian calendar.
- The game Mass Effect Andromeda takes place in the year 2819 when the protagonist wakes up in the Andromeda Galaxy after 634 years in cryosleep.
- The CPR (Canadian Pacific Railway) lease on the O&Q (Ontario and Quebec) will end on January 4, 2883 after a 999-year lease.
- The St. Michael's Catholic Cemetery (Happy Valley) in Hong Kong lease on Wanzai's Saint Fulan gentleman street will end after a 999-year lease.
- The vaporwave collective 2814 is named after the eponymous year.
- "Solar eclipse of May 21, 2813". Archived from the original on February 2, 2012. Retrieved June 14, 2011.
- "Solar eclipse of June 1, 2831". Archived from the original on February 2, 2012. Retrieved June 14, 2011.
- "Solar eclipse of June 12, 2849". Archived from the original on August 25, 2011. Retrieved June 14, 2011.
- "Solar eclipse of June 23, 2867". Archived from the original on August 22, 2011. Retrieved June 14, 2011.
- "Solar eclipse of July 3, 2885". Archived from the original on February 2, 2012. Retrieved June 14, 2011.
- "Asteroid 1950 DA". NASA Near earth object program. NASA. Archived from the original on July 21, 2011. Retrieved December 1, 2015.
- Braun, David (April 4, 2002). "Is a Large Asteroid Headed for Impact With Earth in 2880?". National Geographic News.