2029 (MMXXIX) will be a common year starting on Monday of the Gregorian calendar, the 2029th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 29th year of the 3rd millennium and the 21st century, and the 10th and last year of the 2020s decade.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2029.|
Predicted and scheduled eventsEdit
- January 1 – Books, films, and other works published in 1933 will enter the public domain in the United States, one prominent example being the original King Kong.
- January 14 – A solar eclipse is predicted.
- April 13 – The asteroid 99942 Apophis will pass 31,600 kilometres (19,600 mi) from the surface of Earth.
- June 26 – Total lunar eclipse. With an umbral eclipse magnitude of 1.84362, it will be the largest total lunar eclipse of the 21st century.
- December 20 – The December 2029 lunar eclipse, the second of two Metonic twin eclipses, will occur. The first of the twin eclipse pair happened from December 21 to 22 in 2010.
- The Giant Magellan Telescope, which is currently under construction, is scheduled for completion.
- The digital time capsule "A Message from Earth" will reach its destination on the planet Gliese 581 c.
- Toyota's Huge Moon Rover from JAXA will launch astronauts to the Moon.
- NASA's New Horizons spacecraft is expected to leave the Solar System.
- The Three Seas Initiative (3SI) estimates to end the Rail-2-Sea project by this year.
- Romania expects to have entered the eurozone by this year.
- 2029-Apr-13 approach: 0.000254099 AU (38,012.7 km). 38013km "geocentric distance" – 6378km "Earth radius" = 31635km
- "NASA Analysis: Earth Is Safe From Asteroid Apophis for 100-Plus Years". NASA. 25 March 2021. Retrieved 17 May 2021.
- "Earth is safe from asteroid Apophis for the next 100 years". earthsky.org. 29 March 2021. Retrieved 17 May 2021.
- "Răzvan Cuc: România susține proiectul RAIL 2 SEA, coridorul feroviar Gdansk – Constanța". Club Feroviar (in Romanian). 28 September 2019.
- Ernst, Iulian (16 December 2021). "Romania to postpone euro adoption target until 2029". bne IntelliNews.