2026 (MMXXVI) will be a common year starting on Thursday of the Gregorian calendar, the 2026th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 26th year of the 3rd millennium and the 21st century, and the 7th year of the 2020s decade.
|Ab urbe condita||2779|
|Balinese saka calendar||1947–1948|
|British Regnal year||N/A|
|Chinese calendar||乙巳年 (Wood Snake)|
4722 or 4662
— to —
丙午年 (Fire Horse)
4723 or 4663
|- Vikram Samvat||2082–2083|
|- Shaka Samvat||1947–1948|
|- Kali Yuga||5126–5127|
|Japanese calendar||Reiwa 8|
|Julian calendar||Gregorian minus 13 days|
|Minguo calendar||ROC 115|
|Thai solar calendar||2569|
2152 or 1771 or 999
— to —
2153 or 1772 or 1000
|Unix time||1767225600 – 1798761599|
Predicted and scheduled eventsEdit
- January 1
- In the United States, books, films, and other works published in 1930 will enter the public domain, assuming there are no changes made to copyright law.
- Soup to Nuts, the first on-screen film of The Three Stooges, will enter the public domain. The film featured Shemp Howard as the original third Stooge.
- February 6–22 – The 2026 Winter Olympics are scheduled to be held in Milan and Cortina d'Ampezzo, Italy.
- March 6–15 – The 2026 Winter Paralympics are scheduled to be held in Milan and Cortina d'Ampezzo, Italy.
- June –July – The 2026 FIFA World Cup is scheduled to be held in US, Canada, and Mexico.
- July 4 – The 250th anniversary of the United States Declaration of Independence.
- August 10 – Lunar perigee happens.
- August 12 – A solar eclipse is predicted.
- Onboard plutonium generators delivering heat and electricity to Mars Science Laboratory are expected to run out.
- Anticipated launch of PLATO, the third ESA Cosmic Vision M-class mission.
- Around mid-2026 – The high-speed railway connection from Tallinn to the Lithuanian–Polish border is expected to be completed.
- "Nasa's Curiosity rover on course for Mars landing". BBC News. August 3, 2012. Retrieved November 12, 2015.
- PLATO spacecraft to find new Earth-like exoplanets. June 21, 2017, Max Planck Society.
- David Burroughs (June 18, 2020). "Finnish regional council delays Finland – Estonia undersea rail tunnel". International Railway Journal. Retrieved June 26, 2020.