2024 (MMXXIV) will be a leap year starting on Monday of the Gregorian calendar, the 2024th year of the Common Era (CE) and Anno Domini (AD) designations, the 24th year of the 3rd millennium, the 24th year of the 21st century, and the 5th year of the 2020s decade.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to 2024.|
Predicted and scheduled eventsEdit
- March 25 – March 2024 lunar eclipse.
- May 26 – Comet 9P/Tempel 1 will pass 0.55 AU from Jupiter and may break apart at that time due to gravitational forces. 
- April 8 – Total solar eclipse (Central Pacific Ocean, northern Mexico, eastern, southwestern and central United States, southeastern Canada and northern Atlantic Ocean).
- August 2–18 – The 2024 Summer Olympics will be held in Paris, France.
- September 4–15 – The 2024 Summer Paralympics will be held in Paris, France.
- September 18 – September 2024 lunar eclipse.
- October 2 – Solar eclipse of October 2, 2024.
- September – SpaceX founder and entrepreneur Elon Musk plans to send the first crewed BFR spaceship to Mars, paving the way to human colonization.
- "Past, Present, and Future Orbits by Kazuo Kinoshita". Retrieved 2019-03-28.
- Wharton, David. "Los Angeles makes deal to host 2028 Summer Olympics". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 31 July 2017.
- "Earth to Mars". Clowder.net. Retrieved July 30, 2018.
- Titcomb, James (September 29, 2017). "Mars City: Human missions to space colony will start in 2024, Elon Musk says". Telegraph.co.uk. Retrieved July 30, 2018.