The 2080s (pronounced "twenty-eighties") is a decade of the Gregorian calendar that will begin on January 1, 2080, and will end on December 31, 2089. Things included here are notable predictions by world organizations, figures of ideal goals set, and scheduled events as of the present year.[a] As a caveat, there is no way for sure to predict any given event as up to date information frequently changes. There are ongoing futures studies that seek to understand what is likely to continue and what could plausibly change. Predictions for apocalyptic events and the second coming of Christ are discussed elsewhere.
Notable predictions and known eventsEdit
- According to The China Modernization Report, China is expected to be one of the most developed countries in the world, equivalent to the level of the United States of the early 21st century.
- October 27 - Mercury occults Jupiter for the first time since 1708, but very close to the Sun and impossible to view with the naked eye.
- December 3 - Donald Trump's Death According to death-clock.org.
- These events can include treaties and/or deals with expiration dates
- "China Modernization Report 2007: A study on the Ecological modernization, Overview". October 21, 2006. Archived from the original on July 7, 2011. Retrieved June 27, 2011.
- Larry Bogan. "Mutual Planetary Occultations Past and Future". www.bogan.ca. Retrieved July 2, 2020.
- "Niches :: May :: 2011". Sparkleberrysprings.com. April 15, 2009. Retrieved November 30, 2012.