Notable predictions and known eventsEdit
- According to The China Modernization Report, China is expected to be one of the most developed countries in the world, equivalent to the level of the United States of the early 21st century.
- October 26 – Lease held by the Pitjantjatjara on Uluru to Australian government set to expire.
- November 10 – Transit of Earth as seen from Mars.
- The Sega Dreamcast's internal clock will reach its limit. Any attempt to add a year to the date will result in the current year being shown as 1950.
- Documents authored by Pope Francis from the year 2013 will be made publicly available, following a rule wherein documents stored in the Vatican Apostolic Archive will only be released to scholars and the public 75 years following their creation.
- October 27 - Mercury occults Jupiter for the first time since 1708, but very close to the Sun and impossible to view with naked eye.
- "China Modernization Report 2007: A study on the Ecological modernization, Overview". October 21, 2006. Archived from the original on July 7, 2011. Retrieved June 27, 2011.
- Ian Musgrave (June 5, 2012). "The Transit of Earth from Mars, November 10, 2084". Astroblog. Retrieved June 16, 2012.
- "Niches :: May :: 2011". Sparkleberrysprings.com. April 15, 2009. Retrieved November 30, 2012.