Hampstead Heath railway station
Hampstead Heath railway station is in the London Borough of Camden in north London on the North London Line, between Finchley Road & Frognal and Gospel Oak stations, and is in Travelcard Zone 2. Since 11 November 2007 it and the service there have been run by London Overground.
|Local authority||London Borough of Camden|
|Managed by||London Overground|
|Number of platforms||2|
|National Rail annual entry and exit|
|London transport portal|
In the nineteenth century up to 100,000 people per day used the station at weekends and on public holidays as the Heath was a popular leisure destination for Londoners. The station was rebuilt, after Second World War bomb damage, and in the 1990s in conjunction with works to allow Eurostar trains to use the North London Line.
The platform canopies are in a pseudo-antique style which is in stark contrast to the poured concrete style of the rest of the station's structural features. The line runs below street level with access via staircases to each platform. Lifts and ticket barriers are in operation.
In 2011, Evenings' Hill by British artist Clare Woods was installed along the length of the platform, made from porcelain tiles. The artwork was commissioned by TfL in 2011, as part of London Overground's art programme.
The typical service at the station in trains per hour is:
- 4 westbound to Richmond via Willesden Junction
- 2 westbound to Clapham Junction also via Willesden Junction
- 6 eastbound to Stratford via Camden Road
No direct trains run to/from Clapham Junction in the very late evening. The last westbound service terminates at Willesden Junction Low Level (and the first eastbound of the day starts from there).
- "Step free Tube Guide" (PDF). Transport for London. March 2019. Archived (PDF) from the original on 1 June 2019.
- "Station usage estimates". Rail statistics. Office of Rail Regulation. Please note: Some methodology may vary year on year.
- "London Overground Hampstead Heath". Modus Operandi Art Consultants. Retrieved 29 May 2020.
- Woods, Clare. "Biography | Clare Woods". Retrieved 29 May 2020.
- "New public art at Hampstead Heath station". Transport for London. 14 July 2011. Retrieved 29 May 2020.
- Table 59 National Rail timetable, May 2016
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Hampstead Heath railway station.|
|Preceding station||London Overground||Following station|
|North London Line||