Walthamstow Queen's Road railway station
Walthamstow Queen's Road railway station is a London Overground station between Blackhorse Road and Leyton Midland Road stations on the Gospel Oak to Barking Line, 8 miles 7 chains (13.0 km) down the line from Gospel Oak. It is in Zone 3. It opened as "Walthamstow" on 9 July 1894 and was renamed on 6 May 1968 under British Rail. The station stands on Edinburgh Road (not Queens Road). There is step-free access from the street to both platforms.
|Walthamstow Queen's Road|
The Ray Dudley Way station entrance in 2014
|Local authority||London Borough of Waltham Forest|
|Managed by||London Overground|
|Number of platforms||2|
|OSI||Walthamstow Central |
|National Rail annual entry and exit|
|9 July 1894||Opened|
|6 May 1968||Renamed "Walthamstow Queen's Road"|
|London transport portal|
The station is about 330 yards (300 m) from Walthamstow Central station and there is a direct footpath link between the two stations via a new exit onto Exeter Road. The footpath link, which opened in August 2014, is called Ray Dudley Way in commemoration of a local man who campaigned for the link for many years.
The station is served by a train every 15 minutes in both directions throughout the day, though from June 2016 until February 2017 the service was suspended (with a rail-replacement bus in operation) whilst the line underwent major rebuilding work associated with electrification.
- "London and South East" (PDF). National Rail. September 2006. Archived from the original (PDF) on 6 March 2009.
- "Out of Station Interchanges" (XLS). Transport for London. 19 February 2019.
- "Station usage estimates". Rail statistics. Office of Rail Regulation. Please note: Some methodology may vary year on year.
- Forgotten Stations of Greater London by J.E.Connor and B.Halford
- Chronology of London Railways by H.V.Borley
- "Ray Dudley Way pedestrian footpath opened on Monday". The Bolton News. 13 August 2014. Retrieved 28 August 2014.
- Table 62 National Rail timetable, May 2016
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Walthamstow Queen's Road railway station.|
|Preceding station||London Overground||Following station|
towards Gospel Oak
|Gospel Oak to Barking Line||
|Blackhorse Road||Tottenham and Forest Gate Railway||Leyton Midland Road|
|This London railway station–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|