|First appearance||the original Dungeons & Dragons "white box" set (1974)|
The wereboar appeared in the Dungeons & Dragons Basic Set (1977, 1981, 1983). The wereboar appeared in the Dungeons & Dragons Rules Cyclopedia (1991). The wereboar appeared as a player character class in Night Howlers (1992).
The lycanthrope appeared as a creature template in the third edition Monster Manual (2000), and in the 3.5 revised Monster Manual (2003), with the wereboar as a sample creature. The wereboar appeared as a player character race in Dragon #313 (November 2003).
The wereboar appeared in the fourth edition in Monster Manual 2 (2009).
A wereboar is a neutral lycanthrope found in dense woodlands and similar areas. A wereboar has an ugly temper and likes to attack. In its human shape, a wereboar is usually hot-tempered and irascible.
- Gygax, Gary, and Dave Arneson. Dungeons & Dragons (3-Volume Set) (TSR, 1974)
- Gygax, Gary. Monster Manual (TSR, 1977)
- Gygax, Gary, and Dave Arneson , edited by J. Eric Holmes. Dungeons & Dragons Basic Set (TSR, 1977)
- Allston, Aaron, Steven E. Schend, Jon Pickens, and Dori Watry. Dungeons & Dragons Rules Cyclopedia (TSR, 1991)
- Cook, David, et al. Monstrous Compendium Volume Two (TSR, 1989)
- Stewart, Doug, ed. Monstrous Manual (TSR, 1993)
- Williams, Skip, Jonathan Tweet, and Monte Cook. Monster Manual. Wizards of the Coast, 2000
- Poisso, Dean. "Animal Ancestry." Dragon #313 (Paizo Publishing, 2003)
- Baur, Wolfgang, Jason Bulmahn, et al. Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Bestiary 2 (Paizo Publishing, 2010)