Liverpool University Press (LUP), founded in 1899, is the third oldest university press in England after Oxford University Press and Cambridge University Press. As the press of the University of Liverpool, it specialises in modern languages, literatures, history, and visual culture and currently publishes more than 150 books a year, as well as 34 academic journals. LUP's books are distributed in North America by Oxford University Press.
|Parent company||University of Liverpool|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|Distribution||Turpin Distribution (UK and most of world)|
Oxford University Press (Americas)
Ta Tong Book Company (Taiwan)
|Publication types||Books, academic journals|
|Imprints||Liverpool University Press, Modern Languages Open, Pavilion Poetry|
|No. of employees||27|
In 2015, the press launched Pavilion Poetry, a new imprint publishing collections of contemporary poetry. Mona Arshi was one of the first poets to be published, and her book, Small Hands, won The Felix Dennis Prize for Best First Collection at the 2015 Forward Prizes for Poetry.
Collaborations and activities edit
The press was shortlisted for the Independent Publishing Awards in 2012, 2013 and 2014, and in 2015 won the IPG Award for Academic and Professional Publisher of the Year. In the same year, the press won the Bookseller Industry Award for Independent Academic, Educational and Professional Publisher of the Year.
Journals published by LUP include:
- Bulletin of Hispanic Studies (since 1923)
- The Indexer (since 2019; prior to that published by the Society of Indexers since 1958)
- Town Planning Review (TPR) (since 1910), which is edited from the Universities of Liverpool, Manchester and Clemson University in the United States, and supported by an international Editorial Board
- For Booksellers
- "About Us". Liverpool University Press.
- "Information for Booksellers". Liverpool University Press.
- Medievalists.net (15 January 2013). "Liverpool University Press acquires Medieval, Classics and History lists from University of Exeter Press". Medievalists.net. Retrieved 11 November 2021.
- "Modern Languages Open". Liverpool University Press.
- "Upcoming Events". Homepage. Forward Arts Foundation. Retrieved 3 November 2015.
- "Our Partners". Liverpool University Press.
- "Good for publishers". Knowledge Unlatched.
- "Awards and Nominations". Liverpool University Press.
- "Home". The Indexer. Retrieved 23 March 2022.
- "Town Planning Review". JSTOR. ISSN 0041-0020. Retrieved 23 March 2022.
- "Town Planning Review - Impact Factor, etc". Resurchify. 16 November 2021. Retrieved 23 March 2022.
- "Featured in Town Planning Review 92.4: Planners and the New Urban Agenda: will we lead the agenda, or will the agenda lead us?". Liverpool University Press Blog. 16 June 2021. Retrieved 23 March 2022.
Further reading edit
- Droop, J. P. The University Press of Liverpool: A Record of Progress, 1899–1946, with a Catalogue of All Publications. Liverpool University Press, 1947