U with grave (У̀ у̀; italics: У̀ у̀) is a letter of the Cyrillic script.
These are what they call this accent "indefinite" because it can be on any syllable and is not linked to given syllables, and it does not depend on the number of the syllables regardless – the accent can be on any of those: темен̀уга, пристан̀уша.
Computing codes edit
Being a relatively recent letter, not present in any legacy 8-bit Cyrillic encoding, the letter У̀ is not represented directly by a precomposed character in Unicode either; it has to be composed as У+◌̀ (U+0300).
|Unicode name||CYRILLIC CAPITAL LETTER U||CYRILLIC SMALL LETTER U||COMBINING GRAVE ACCENT|
|UTF-8||208 163||D0 A3||209 131||D1 83||204 128||CC 80|
|Numeric character reference||У
|Named character reference||У||у|
Related letters and other similar characters edit
- U u : Latin letter U
- Ù ù : Latin letter U with grave – a Kashubian letter
- Y y : Latin letter Y
- У у : Cyrillic letter U
- У́ у : Cyrillic letter U with acute
- Ў ў : Cyrillic letter Short U
- Ӱ ӱ : Cyrillic letter U with diaeresis
- Ӳ ӳ : Cyrillic letter U with double acute
- Ү ү : Cyrillic letter straight U
- Ү́ ү́ : Cyrillic letter straight U with acute
- Ұ ұ : Cyrillic letter Straight U with stroke
- Cyrillic characters in Unicode