Jana Sena Party(Redirected from Jana Sena)
Jana Sena or Jana Sena Party is an Indian political party in the states of Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, founded by actor turned politician Pawan Kalyan on 14 March 2014. Jana Sena means People’s Army in Telugu. The motto of the party is to Fight for the Rights of each and every Common Person.
|Founded||14 March 2014|
|Headquarters||Plot No. 12, Road No. 72, Prashasan Nagar, Jubilee Hills, Hyderabad, Telangana, India-500033|
|Political position||Centre-left to Left-wing|
|ECI Status||Unrecognised Party|
|National convener||Pawan Kalyan|
On 10 March 2014, Pawan Kalyan submitted an application for registering the party name.Pawan Kalyan formally launched the party at Hyderabad Information Technology and Engineering Consultancy City, Madhapur, Hyderabad on 14 March 2014. The party has been approved by the election commission on 11 December 2014 and will contest elections in Andhra Pradesh for the upcoming 2019 local body elections.Pawan Kalyan campaigned for the TDP and BJP at the beginning of 2014 general election.
On 21 February 2017, Pawan Kalyan announced that he will start a website on 14 March 2017 on the occasion of Jana Sena Party anniversary to receive people's recommendations for party manifesto in 2019 general election.
On 14 March 2018, Party announced celebrating its first Anniversary with a meeting called Jana Sena Aavirbhava Sabha. The meeting was to be conducted at "Opp: Nagarjuna University, Near Toll Plaza, Kaza, Guntur".
As of November 2018, the main Leaders in JSP are Nadendla Manohar, Pasupuleti Balaraju, Ravela Kishore Babu, Mutha Gopalakrishna, Thota Chandrasekhar, Chadalavada Krishnamurthy, Addepalli Sridhar, Chintala Parthasarath.
On 2 May 2018, the Jana Sena Party (JSP) announced that the party will contest all 175 assembly seats in Andhra Pradesh in the 2019 assembly election. Announcing this the party president Pawan Kalyan said the Jana Sena's strategy for the elections in Telangana will be announced in August.
- Pawan Kalyan's Jana Sena Party gets a new logo - The Times of India
- "Election Commission rejected Pawan Kalyan's 'Jana Sena' party registration".
- Suresh Krishnamoorthy (2014-03-07). "Stage set for Pawan Kalyan's "Jana Sena"". The Hindu. Retrieved 2014-03-14.
- Sreenivas, Janyala. "Politics makes rivals of actor brothers Chiranjeevi and Pawan Kalyan". The Indian Express. Retrieved 2014-03-14.
- Reporter, Staff (2016-11-11). "'Jana Sena will contest 2019 polls'". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 2016-11-11.
- Reporter, Staff (21 February 2017). "'Janasena new website'". The new indian express.
- "Pawan's Jana Sena to contest all 175 seats in Andhra". The Times of India. 2 May 2018.