List of international prime ministerial trips made by Narendra Modi
Summary of international tripsEdit
As of August 2020, Narendra Modi has made 59 foreign trips, visiting 60 countries including the visits to USA to attend the UN General Assembly, to Asian countries, following his neighbourhood first and act east policies.
as of August 2020:
|Number of visits||Country|
|1 visit (35)||Argentina, Australia, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belgium, Canada, Fiji, Indonesia, Iran, Ireland, Israel, Jordan, Kenya, Laos, Mauritius, Mexico, Mongolia, Mozambique, Netherlands, Oman, Pakistan, Palestine, Philippines, Portugal, Qatar, Rwanda, Seychelles, Spain, Sweden, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Uganda, Vietnam|
|2 visits (15)||Afghanistan, Bhutan, Brazil, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Malaysia, Maldives, Myanmar, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, South Korea, Switzerland, Thailand, United Kingdom, Uzbekistan|
|3 visits (2)||Sri Lanka, United Arab Emirates|
|4 visits (4)||Germany, Japan, Nepal, Singapore|
|5 visits (3)||China, France, Russia|
|6 visits (1)||United States|
|Bhutan||Paro, Thimpu||15–16 June||State visit||
|Brazil||Fortaleza, Brasilia||13–16 July||BRICS Summit & State visit||
|Nepal||Kathmandu||3–4 August||State visit||
|Japan||Kyoto, Tokyo||30 August–3 September||State visit||
|United Nations||New York City, Washington||26–30 September||General debate of the United Nations General Assembly
& State Visit
|Myanmar||Naypyidaw||11–13 November||East Asia Summit||
|Australia||Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney||14–18 November||G20 Summit
& State visit
|Fiji||Suva||19 November||State visit||
|Nepal||Kathmandu||25–27 November||SAARC Summit||
|Seychelles||Victoria||10–11 March||State visit||
|Mauritius||Port Louis||11–13 March||State visit||
|Sri Lanka||Colombo, Jaffna||13–14 March||State visit||
|Singapore||Singapore||23 March||State funeral of Lee Kuan Yew||
|France||Paris, Toulouse, Neuve-Chapelle||9–12 April||State visit||
|Germany||Berlin, Hannover||12–14 April||State visit||
|Canada||Ottawa, Toronto, Vancouver||14–16 April||State visit||
|China||Xi'an, Beijing, Shanghai||14–16 May||State visit||
|Mongolia||Ulaanbaatar||16–17 May||State visit||
|South Korea||Seoul||18–19 May||State visit||
|Bangladesh||Dhaka||6–7 June||State visit||
|Uzbekistan||Tashkent||6 July||State visit||
|Kazakhstan||Astana||7 July||State visit||
|Russia||Ufa||8–10 July||BRICS Summit||
|Turkmenistan||Ashgabat||10–11 July||State visit||
|Kyrgyzstan||Bishkek||12 July||State visit||
|Tajikistan||Dushanbe||12–13 July||State visit||
|United Arab Emirates||Abu Dhabi, Dubai||16–17 August||State visit||
|Ireland||Dublin||23 September||State visit||
|United Nations||New York City, San Francisco||24–30 September||General debate of the United Nations General Assembly and Official visit to Silicon Valley.||
|United Kingdom||London, Chequers||12–14 November||State visit||
|Turkey||Antalya||15–16 November||G-20 Summit||
|Malaysia||Kuala Lumpur||21–22 November||ASEAN–India Summit & East Asia Summit||
|Singapore||Singapore||23–25 November||State visit||
|United Nations||Paris||30 November–1 December||2015 United Nations Climate Change Conference COP21||
|Russia||Moscow||23–24 December||State visit||
|Afghanistan||Kabul||25 December||State visit||
|Pakistan||Lahore||25 December||Working visit||
|Belgium||Brussels||30 March||First India–European Union (EU) Summit & State visit||
|United States||Washington||31 March–1 April||Nuclear Security Summit||
|Saudi Arabia||Riyadh||2–3 April||State visit||
|Iran||Tehran||22–23 May||State visit||
|Afghanistan||Herat||4 June||Working visit||
|Qatar||Doha||4–5 June||State visit||
|Switzerland||Geneva||6 June||State visit||
|United States||Washington||6–8 June||State visit||
|Mexico||Mexico City||9 June||Working visit||
|Uzbekistan||Tashkent||23–24 June||SCO Summit||
|Mozambique||Maputo||7 July||State visit||
|South Africa||Pretoria, Durban, Johannesburg, Pietermaritzburg||8–9 July||State visit||
|Tanzania||Dodoma||10 July||State visit||
|Kenya||Nairobi||11 July||State visit||
|Vietnam||Hanoi||2–3 September||State visit||
|China||Hangzhou||4–5 September||G-20 Summit||
|Laos||Vientiane||7–8 September||East Asia Summit||
|Thailand||Bangkok||10 November||Working visit||
|Japan||Tokyo||11–12 November||State visit||
|Sri Lanka||Colombo, Kandy||11–12 May||International Day of Vesak|||
|Germany||Meseberg, Berlin||29–30 May||State visit|||
|Spain||Madrid||30–31 May||State visit|||
|Russia||Saint Petersburg||31 May–2 June||18th India-Russia Annual Summit|||
|France||Paris||2–3 June||State visit|||
|Kazakhstan||Astana||8–9 June||SCO Summit|||
|Portugal||Lisbon||24 June||State visit|||
|United States||Washington||25–26 June||State visit|||
|Netherlands||Amsterdam||27 June||State visit|||
|Israel||Jerusalem, Haifa, Tel Aviv||4–6 July||State visit|||
|Germany||Hamburg||7–8 July||G-20 Summit|||
|China||Xiamen||3–5 September||9th BRICS summit|
|Myanmar||Naypyidaw||6–7 September||State visit|
|Philippines||Pasay||12–14 November||12th East Asia Summit|||
|Switzerland||Davos||23–26 January||World Economic Forum|||
|Palestine||Ramallah||10 February||State visit|||
|United Arab Emirates||Abu Dhabi, Dubai||10–11 February||State visit|||
|Oman||Muscat||11–12 February||State visit|||
|Sweden||Stockholm||16–18 April||State visit|
|United Kingdom||London||18–20 April||Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting |
|Germany||Berlin||20 April||Working Visit|
|China||Wuhan||27–28 April||Informal Summit|
|Nepal||Janakpur, Kathmandu||11–12 May||Working visit|||
|Russia||Sochi||21 May||Informal summit|||
|Indonesia||Jakarta||29 May||State Visit||
|Malaysia||Kuala Lumpur||31 May||Working Visit||
|Singapore||Singapore||31 May–2 June||State Visit||
|China||Qingdao||9–10 June||2018 SCO summit|
|Rwanda||Kigali, Rweru model village||23–24 July||State Visit|||
|Uganda||Entebbe, Kampala||24 July||State Visit|||
|South Africa||Johannesburg||25–27 July||10th BRICS summit|
|Nepal||Kathmandu||30–31 August||4th BIMSTEC summit|
|Japan||Tokyo||28–29 October||Official visit|||
|Singapore||Singapore||14–15 November||13th East Asia summit|
|Maldives||Malé||17 November||Oath ceremony of Ibrahim Mohamed Solih|
|Argentina||Buenos Aires||29 November–1 December||G-20 summit|
|South Korea||Seoul||21–22 February||State visit|
|Maldives||Malé||8 June||State visit|
|Sri Lanka||Colombo||9 June||State visit|||
|Kyrgyzstan||Bishkek||14–15 June||2019 SCO summit|
|Japan||Osaka||27–29 June||2019 G20 Osaka summit|
|Bhutan||Thimphu||17–18 August||State visit|
|France||Paris||22–23 August||Official visit|
|United Arab Emirates||Abu Dhabi||23–24 August||State visit||
|Bahrain||Manama, Riffa||24–25 August||State visit||
|France||Biarritz||25–26 August||Attended the 45th G7 summit|
|Russia||Vladivostok||4–5 September||Official visit||
|United Nations||New York, Houston, Chicago||20–27 September||General debate of the United Nations General Assembly and to attend the Howdy Modi event in Houston||
|Saudi Arabia||Riyadh||29 October||State Visit|
|Thailand||Bangkok||2–4 November||35th ASEAN Summit and 14th East Asia summit|
|Brazil||Brasília||13–14 November||11th BRICS summit|
Scheduled future visitsEdit
Potential upcoming foreign visits for Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
|Country||Areas to be visited||Date(s)||Purpose(s)||Notes|
|Vietnam||TBD||November 2020||PM Modi will attend East Asia Summit.|
|Saudi Arabia||Riyadh||21–22 November 2020||PM Modi will travel to Riyadh to attend the 2020 G20 Riyadh summit.|
- "Nepal PM to break protocol, personally receive Modi at airport". First Post. Kathmandu. 30 July 2014. Retrieved 30 July 2014.
- Sood, Rakesh (23 July 2014). "A new beginning with Nepal". The Hindu. Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- "Narendra Modi first foreign leader to address Nepal parliament". India TV. 26 July 2014. Retrieved 28 July 2014.
- "Highlights of Narendra Modi's address at Nepal Parliament". Indian Express. 3 August 2014. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- Lakshmi, Rama. "Modi's speech in Nepal shows India is paying attention to its neighbors". The Washington Post. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- Harris, Gardiner (4 August 2014). "Visit From Indian Premier Signals a Political Shift in Nepal". The New York Times. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- "Narendra Modi uses Hindu heritage in Nepal diplomacy". Niticentral. Archived from the original on 10 August 2014. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- "Nepal deplores attack on Indian priests, promises action". The Hindu. 6 September 2009. Retrieved 6 August 2014.
- Iain Marlow (3 September 2014). "India's Modi maintains warm ties with Japan's Prime Minister, Shinzo Abe". The Globe and Mail.
- Dipanjan Roy Chaudhury (2 September 2014). "India, Japan sign key agreements; to share 'Special Strategic Global Partnership'". Economic Times.
- "Modi likely to visit Japan on July 3–4". The Indian Express. Retrieved 15 June 2014.
- Dipanjan Roy Chaudhury. "Nuclear deal may happen during Narendra Modi's visit: Takeshi Yagi, Japanese Ambassador to India". Indiatimes. Retrieved 15 June 2014.
- "Prime Minister Narendra Modi to travel to Japan on August 31". The Times of India. 15 August 2015. Retrieved 19 August 2014.
- Dipanjan Roy Chaudhury (19 July 2014). "Modi's upcoming Japan visit signals closer ties". The Japan Times. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- "PM Modi at UNGA: Let's work towards a sustainable world; move towards G-All". The Economic Times. 27 September 2014. Retrieved 27 September 2014.
- "Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Address to UN General Assembly in 10 Points". NDTV. 27 September 2014. Retrieved 27 September 2014.
- "PM Modi asks world leaders to adopt International Yoga Day". The Economic Times. 27 September 2014. Retrieved 27 September 2014.
- Nazakat, Syed (29 September 2014). "What's a White House dinner without dinner? Modi and Obama will find out". www.csmonitor.com. The Christian Science Monitor. Retrieved 30 September 2014.
- "India and ASEAN can be 'great partners': PM Narendra Modi". The Economic Times. 12 November 2014.
- "Prime Minister Narendra Modi on tour, no time to breathe!". The Economic Times. 15 November 2014. Retrieved 15 November 2014.
- Haidar, Suhasini (25 October 2014). "After Myanmar and Australia, Modi to visit Fiji". The Hindu. Retrieved 29 October 2014.
- "Modi proposes Forum for India-Pacific". Fiji Live. 20 November 2014. Archived from the original on 29 November 2014. Retrieved 24 November 2014.
- "Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi Prepares for an Indian Ocean Tour". The Diplomat. 6 March 2015. Retrieved 6 March 2015.
- "India seeks its place in Indian Ocean ahead of Modi's China visit". Times of India. 17 February 2015. Retrieved 17 February 2015.
- "Indian Ocean diplomacy: Modi to visit Seychelles, Mauritius, Sri Lanka". Business Standard. 6 March 2015. Retrieved 6 March 2015.
- "Modi's Political and Diplomatic Strategic Clout". Mauritius Times. 30 January 2015. Retrieved 14 February 2015.
- "MODI 1ST PM IN 36 YRS TO ADDRESS SL PARLIAMENT". The Pioneer. 19 August 2014. Retrieved 19 August 2014.
- "New Sri Lanka president Maithripala Sirisena to visit India on February 16". The Economic Times. 1 February 2015. Retrieved 1 February 2015.
- "PM Narendra Modi, world leaders bid farewell to founding father Lee Kuan Yew in elaborate funeral". New Delhi: The Indian Express. Press Trust of India. 29 March 2015. Retrieved 29 March 2015.
- "Modi rejigs Europe, Canada itinerary to put Paris first". Hindustan Times. 4 March 2015. Retrieved 4 March 2015.
- "PM Narendra Modi to visit France, Germany and Canada from April 9–16". The Economic Times. 25 March 2015. Retrieved 25 March 2015.
- "Narendra Modi to visit China in May: Sushma Swaraj". The Economic Times. 1 February 2015. Retrieved 1 February 2015.
- "In boost to East Asia policy, Modi to tour China, Mongolia, S Korea". Hindustan Times. 28 March 2015. Retrieved 16 April 2015.
- "PM heading to Bangladesh with China on his mind". Reuters. 27 May 2015. Retrieved 27 May 2015.
- "PM Narendra Modi to visit 5 central Asian nations after Brics summit". The Economic Times. 29 May 2015. Retrieved 29 May 2015.
- "Official website of 7th BRICS Summit".
- "PM Narendra Modi likely to visit Turkmenistan in July". Press Trust of India. 8 April 2015. Retrieved 8 April 2015.
- "Hello Turkmenistan, says PM Modi on arrival at Ashgabat airport". 10 July 2015.
- "Modi lays wreath at Victory Monument in Bishkek". India Today. 12 July 2015. Retrieved 13 July 2015.
- "PM Modi to ask Tajikistan for lease of ex-Soviet airbase". India Today. 12 July 2015. Retrieved 12 July 2015.
- "PM's sudden UAE trip takes many by surprise". Retrieved 12 August 2015.
- "Modi to visit Ireland, Turkey". 21 July 2015.
- "Modi-Obama bilateral talks on Sept 28". Retrieved 13 August 2015.
- "Narendra Modi will be first Indian PM to visit Israel and Palestine". The Times of India. 1 June 2015. Retrieved 2 June 2015.
- "Modi Unveils India's 'Act East Policy' to ASEAN in Myanmar". The Diplomat. 17 November 2014. Retrieved 24 November 2014.
- "Climate Conference: PM Modi to leave for Paris today". Zee News. 29 November 2015.
- "PM Narendra Modi To Embark On 3-Nation Visit March End". NDTV. Retrieved 29 February 2016.
- "PM Modi's Saudi Agenda Big On Oil And Indian Workers". NDTV. Retrieved 2 April 2016.
- "Modi conferred highest Saudi civilian honour". Hindustan times. Retrieved 3 April 2016.
- "India to sign contract on Chabahar port during PM Narendra Modi's Iran visit". Retrieved 20 May 2016.
- "Narendra Modi to visit Afghanistan in June to inaugurate Salma Dam". News18. Retrieved 29 May 2016.
- "Prime Minister Modi to visit Qatar in June". The Times of India. Retrieved 20 May 2016.
- "Modi to take up black money issue with Switzerland". Rediff. Retrieved 4 June 2016.
- "PM Modi to visit US from June 7, will address American Congress". Indian Express. Retrieved 20 May 2016.
- "Nuclear Suppliers' Group in mind, Mexico, Switzerland get added to PM Narendra Modi's schedule". The Indian Express. Retrieved 3 June 2016.
- PM Narendra Modi’s likely foreign trips in 2016
- "Press Information Bureau". Retrieved 11 May 2017.
- "India's Modi visits Tamil communities in Sri Lanka". Aljazeera. Retrieved 12 May 2017.
- "PM Modi to undertake four nation tour from May 29". Archived from the original on 1 August 2017.
- "Press Information Bureau". Retrieved 29 May 2017.
- "India, Spain Ink 7 Agreements". NDTV. Retrieved 31 May 2017.
- "PM to travel to Russia in June".
- "PM Modi may meet US Prez Trump in June-end, discuss terrorism and H-1B visas". Hindustan Times.
- "India, Portugal sign 11 pacts". The Economic Times.
- "PM Narendra Modi to visit Portugal, Netherlands, US beginning June 24". Economic Times.
- "India, Netherlands sign 3 agreements". Business Standard. Retrieved 27 June 2017.
- "PM Narendra Modi seals 7 big MoUs with Israel: What are they, How will they help India, Tel Aviv". The Financial Express. 5 July 2017. Retrieved 6 July 2017.
- "PM Modi's travel planner booked with 7 foreign tours from May to July".
- Chaudhury, Dipanjan Roy (3 November 2017). "PM Narendra Modi to tour Philippines for 3 days from November 12". The Economic Times. Retrieved 2 November 2017.
- "Narendra Modi to be first PM to attend World Economic Forum in 20 years - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 25 December 2017.
- "On Feb 10, Modi will be 1st Indian PM in Palestine - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 18 January 2018.
- "PM Modi, Jordan King Agree To Boost Bilateral Ties". NDTV.com. Retrieved 10 February 2018.
- "Abbas seeks India's role in peace process as PM Modi visits Palestine". The Economic Times. 10 February 2018.
- "Ahead of Modi's visit in Feb, UAE announces consular expansion".
- "India, UAE sign five agreements". The Hindu. 10 February 2018.
- "Narendra Modi to become first Indian PM to visit Palestine next month; will visit UAE, Oman after: MEA - Firstpost". www.firstpost.com. Retrieved 5 February 2018.
- "India, Oman sign 8 agreements as PM Modi meets Sultan Qaboos - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 14 February 2018.
- "For PM Modi's UK Visit, An 'Unprecedented' Welcome Expected, Say Officials". NDTV.com. Retrieved 15 April 2018.
- "PM Modi to visit Nepal from May 11–12: MEA". Moneycontrol. Retrieved 4 May 2018.
- "PM Modi To Visit Russia Next Week For Informal Summit With Vladimir Putin". NDTV.com. Retrieved 14 May 2018.
- "On PM Modi's visit, India and Indonesia sign 15 MOUs. here's all you need to know". Republic World. Retrieved 30 May 2018.[permanent dead link]
- "India, Malaysia cement maritime ties - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 3 June 2018.
- "India PM Modi meets ESM Goh and visits Little India on final day of official visit". The Straits Times. 2 June 2018.
- "PM Narendra Modi to gift 200 local cows to Rwanda President". The Indian Express. 21 July 2018.
- "Modi to leave for Rwanda, Uganda before attending BRICS summit in South Africa". India Today. Retrieved 23 July 2018.
- "Modi to visit Tokyo for India-Japan summit". Deccan Herald. 12 October 2018. Retrieved 13 October 2018.
- "PM Modi Is The First World leader To Visit Sri Lanka After Easter Blasts". NDTV.com. Retrieved 9 June 2019.