This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (January 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Excel Entertainment is an Indian motion picture production and distribution company which is based out of Mumbai. It was founded by Ritesh Sidhwani and Farhan Akhtar in 1999. Excel Entertainment produces and distributes Hindi films, and has branched out into web series. Excel Entertainment has been producing and distributing Hindi films ever since its first release in 2001, 'Dil Chahta Hai'. Excel has produced films as diverse as 'Lakshya', a coming of age film set against the 1999 Kargil War, 'Don' an edge of the seat thriller, a boys road trip movie 'Zindagi Na Milegi Dobra,' and the 'Fukrey' franchise. They ventured into making a film based on hockey named Gold which was a critical and commercial success. In December 2018, they distributed KGF Chapter 1 which stars Nimma Yash. Their upcoming film in 2019 is Gully Boy based on the rapper group Gully Gang, starring Ranveer Singh and Alia Bhatt in the lead roles.
|Private limited company|
|Founder||Ritesh Sidhwani, Farhan Akhtar|
Faran Akhtar is the son of scriptwriter, poet and lyricist Javed Akhtar and screenplay writer Honey Irani. He is also the grandson of Urdu poet Jan Nisar Akhtar. His stepmother is actress Shabana Azmi.
Sidhwani has played a key role in his family's business, Marlex, India's largest home appliance company.
|Inside Edge||2017||Amazon Video||Vivek Oberoi, Richa Chadha, Angad Bedi, Tanuj Virwani, Sayani Gupta, Sanjay Suri|
|Mirzapur||2018||Amazon Video||Pankaj Tripathi, Ali Fazal, Vikrant Massey, Rasika Duggal, Shweta Tripathi, Supriya Pilgaonkar, Harshita Gaur|
|Made in Heaven||2019||Amazon Video||Arjun Mathur, Sobhita Dhulipala, Kalki Koechlin, Jim Sarbh, Shashank Arora, Shivani Raghuvanshi|
- "Ritesh Sidhwani and Excel Media and Entertainment to throw a party celebrating the success of Mirzapur". ibtimes.co.in. 12 December 2018.
- "India's 'Inside Edge' on Amazon Nominated for International Emmy Awards". indiawest.com. 1 October 2018.
- "15 Years of Dil Chahta Hai: A debt all '90s kids owe Farhan Akhtar". indiatoday.in. 10 August 2016.
- "12 Years Of 'Lakshya': 5 Facts About The Film You May Have Missed". new18.com. 18 June 2016.
- "Remembering Shah Rukh Khan's Don as the film clocks Twelve Years". freepressjournal.in. 20 October 2018.
- "7 things that Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara taught us". filmfare.com. 15 July 2018.
- "Fukrey 2 movie review: Varun Sharma and Richa Chadha shine in this toilet-humour driven comedy". indiatoday.in. 8 December 2017.
- "Gold". timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 15 August 2018.
- "KGF box office collection Day 12: Yash film soars high". indiatoday.in. 2 January 2019.
- "Gully Boy: Ranveer Singh, Alia Bhatt's De-glam Look is Quite Intense in This New Poster; See Here". news18.com. 2 January 2019.
- "3 Storeys: Here's the motion poster for Pulkit Samrat's new film, produced by Farhan Akhtar". hindustantimes. 2 July 2017. Retrieved 11 September 2017.
- "Check out Akshay Kumar's 'Gold' look for Reema Kagti's next". DNA India. 2 July 2017. Retrieved 11 September 2017.