Honeymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd.
Honeymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd. is a 2007 Indian comedy drama film. It is produced by Farhan Akhtar and Ritesh Sidhwani under Excel Entertainment banner and marked the debut of Reema Kagti as a director. The movie has six different parts in it.
|Honeymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd.|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Reema Kagti|
|Screenplay by||Reema Kagti|
|Edited by||Aarti Bajaj|
|Distributed by||Excel Entertainment|
|Budget||₹9 crore (US$1.3 million)|
|Box office||₹16.5 crore (US$2.5 million) (domestic gross)|
Plot and charactersEdit
- Oscar Fernandez (Boman Irani) and his wife Naheed (Shabana Azmi) who have just recently married. They are middle age and the target of constant mocking from everyone else. However, they intend on having a great journey and not be bothered by their difficult pasts. This is their second marriage. Oscar's first wife committed suicide and Naheed's husband and two children died in a car accident. Oscar is Naheed's first husband's business partner. After a chance meeting with Oscar's estranged daughter in Goa, father and daughter mend their relationship.
- Partho Sen (Kay Kay Menon) and Milly Sen (Raima Sen), a couple from a small town in Bengal. He is a serious man and she behaves as a traditional sari-wearing wife. Through an encounter with a bunch of thugs, Partho finds out his timid housewife holds a black belt in martial arts, as she defeats the crooks without breaking a sweat.
- Madhu (Sandhya Mridul) and Bunty (Vikram Chatwal) have recently married. Their differences draw from the fact that he is an NRI (non-resident Indian), while she has lived in Mumbai, India, her entire life. Bunty is a closet homosexual and his parents want him to marry the daughter of a family friend. Out of anxiety he contacted he surfed the internet for a bride. He met Madhu online, came to India and married quickly. Madhu had a recently failed relationship with a man, whom she left after discovering that he had a wife and child already. She found Bunty and married quickly to forget that pain.
- Pinky (Ameesha Patel) and Vicky (Karan Khanna), hailing from Delhi. They couldn't be more different, as Pinky is very extroverted and Vicky is the opposite. When Vicky meets Bunty for the first time, he develops romantic feelings for him but doesn't express them.
- Hitesh (Ranvir Shorey) and Shilpa (Dia Mirza) are from Gujarat and have recently married. During the first half-hour, Shilpa runs away with her boyfriend, Jignesh (Arjun Rampal). They board the Honeymoon Travels bus returning to Mumbai, while escaping from contract killers sent by Shilpa's father.
- Aspi (Abhay Deol) and Zara (Minissha Lamba) are seemingly the most perfect couple of them all: They've never fought. Unknown to each other, each is a superhero and has to go off at a moment's notice to help the people. When Zara questions the whereabouts of her husband when he is not to be found some nights, they fight for the first time. In course of the confrontation, the truth about their superhero identities is revealed to each other.
As the bus continues its journey, it is followed by a mysterious biker, who is revealed early on to be Jignesh (Arjun Rampal) Shilpa's boyfriend.
- Abhay Deol as Aspi
- Minissha Lamba as Zara
- Shabana Azmi as Naheed
- Boman Irani as Oscar Fernandez
- Kay Kay Menon as Partho Sen
- Raima Sen as Milly Sen
- Ameesha Patel as Pinky
- Karan Khanna as Vicky
- Sandhya Mridul as Madhu
- Vikram Chatwal as Bunty (Ashwin Mushran as the Hindi dubbing voice)
- Ranvir Shorey as Hitesh
- Dia Mirza as Shilpa
- Arjun Rampal as Jignesh (Special Appearance)
- Suzanne Bernert as Ditta
- Shahana Goswami as Geena (Oscar's daughter)
- Chandan Bisht as Dittaś Love Interest
- Darshan Jariwala as bus Driver
- Naved Aslam
John Abraham and Shilpa Shetty were the first choices to play Jignesh and Shilpa, respectively. After Abraham refused to play the role of Jignesh, Shetty decided she didn't want to play Shilpa and backed out, too.
The film collected Rs 11.80 crores nett and was declared an average grosser in India by Box Office India.
|Honeymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd.|
|Studio album by Vishal-Shekhar|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|1.||"Sajnaji"||Sunidhi Chauhan, Shekhar Ravjiani||03:42|
|2.||"Jaane Hai Woh Kahan"||Shreya Ghoshal, Shaan||03:56|
|3.||"Albela"||Vishal Dadlani, Shankar Mahadevan||03:44|
|4.||"Halke Halke Rang Chhalkein"||Neeraj Shridhar||05:16|
|5.||"Pyaar Ki Yeh Kahani"||Sunidhi Chauhan, Gayatri Ganjawala||05:28|
|6.||"Haath Dhore Niye Chalo"||Instrumental||04:11|
|7.||"Halke Halke - Remix"||Neeraj Shridhar||04:01|