This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (August 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Purab Kohli (born 23 February 1979) is an Indian television, film actor, model and former video jockey.
Purab Kohli at a Photoshoot
|Occupation||Model, Actor, VJ|
|Spouse(s)||Lucy Payton (m. 2018)|
|Relatives||Vishal Anand (uncle)|
Kohli started his career as an actor with the television show Hip Hip Hurray on Zee TV and earned recognition through video jockeying on Channel V. He then hosted the travel show Gone India where he toured India on budget trips.
He became one of the contestants on Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa (season 7) in 2014.
Kohli made his acting debut in films with Bus Yuhin (2003) starring opposite Nandita Das. He has also acted in other films like Supari (2003), Vastu Shastra (2004), and 13th Floor (2005). His performance in My Brother Nikhil (2005) got him recognition. Kohli then went on to star in Mahesh Bhatt's 2006 film Woh Lamhe and as a villain again in Bhatt's 2007 film Awarapan. He also acted in Rock On!! (2008) along with Farhan Akhtar, Luke Kenny and Arjun Rampal. Kohli's work in Rock On garnered him a Special Jury Mention at the 2009 Filmfare Awards in March 2009. Kohli then starred opposite Nandita Das again in the 2010-11 film I Am which was directed by Onir, who had previously directed him in My Brother Nikhil. He also contributed financially in the making of this film. Purab's 2014 movie Jal is a story based on villagers' fight for water and dignity.
Purab Kohli recently appeared as Angad Shergil in the Voot web series It's Not That Simple (2018), with other featured cast Swara Bhaskar, Sumeet Vyas, Vivan Bhatena, Manasi Rachh, Neha Chauhan, Karan Veer Mehra, Devika Vatsa, Rohan Shah, Jia Vaidya.
Kohli's father Harsh is a hotelier and film producer and his mother is a corporate trainer. He did his schooling at St. Stanislaus High School in Bandra, just outside of Mumbai, and at The Bishop's School, Pune, Maharashtra. He switched his education faculty from Science to Commerce and finally to Arts and studied Economics, Psychology and Literature. He joined a flying school to be a pilot, but did not continue.
Former actor Bhisham Kohli a.k.a. Vishal Anand is his paternal uncle (father's brother). Kohli's paternal grandmother was Dev Anand's sister (thus making Kohli the late actor's grand-nephew). Filmmaker Shekhar Kapur (son of another of Dev Anand's sisters) is thus Kohli's uncle.
|2003||Bas Yun Hi||Aditya|
|2005||My Brother…Nikhil||Nigel De Costa|
|2006||Bas Ek Pal|
|2006||Woh Lamhe||Sam a.k.a. Sammy|
|2007||Awarapan||Munna R. Malik|
|2008||Rock On!!||Kedar 'KD' 'Killer Drummer' Zaveri||Filmfare Special Jury Award (certificate)|
|2009||Yeh Mera India||Nachiket Joshi|
|2010||Hide & Seek||Om Jaiswal|
|2011||Turning 30||Jai Saxena|
|2012||10ml Love |
|2012||Kuch Spice To Make It Meetha||Akshay Rana||Short film|
|2014||Shaadi Ke Side Effects||Shekhar|
|2015-2018||Sense8||Rajan Rasal||Netflix series|
|2016||Rock On 2||Kedar Zaveri (KD-Killer Drummer)|
|2016||P.O.W.- Bandi Yuddh Ke||Naib Subedar Sartaj Singh|
|2018||It's Not That Simple||Angad Shergil||Aired on Voot|
- "Purab goes paschim and dakshin". The Tribune. 27 February 2000. Retrieved 20 November 2012.
- "Filmfare certificate was a pleasant surprise: Purab Kohli". New Delhi: India Today. 23 March 2009. Retrieved 20 November 2012.
- "Purab is back with Nandita!". Times of India. 16 February 2010. Retrieved 20 November 2012.
- "Purab is really busy!". Times of India. 23 June 2009. Retrieved 20 November 2012.
- Sunder, Shubangi (2013). "'Be inspired and make a difference'". The Students. Archived from the original on 12 October 2013. Retrieved 27 February 2017.
- Template:The Indian Express
- Celeb Speak: Actor Purab Kohli On Career, His Love For Dance And Upcoming Projects
- "Filmfare certificate was a pleasant surprise: Purab Kohli". India Today. 23 March 2009. Retrieved 2013-07-04.
- "Hide & Seek: First Look". Times of India. 20 November 2009. Retrieved 20 November 2012.
- "Kuch Spice To Make It Meetha". Times of India. 14 February 2012. Retrieved 20 November 2012.
- "Purab Kohli learns Arabic during 'Airlift' shoot". IANS. The Indian Express. December 10, 2015. Retrieved December 15, 2015.