The Tribune (Chandigarh)
The Tribune is an Indian English-language daily newspaper published from Chandigarh, New Delhi, Jalandhar, Dehradun and Bathinda. It was founded on 2 February 1881, in Lahore (now in Pakistan), by Sardar Dyal Singh Majithia, a philanthropist, and is run by a trust comprising five persons as trustees. It is a major Indian newspaper with a worldwide circulation. In India, it is among the leading English daily for Punjab, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, and the Union Territory of Chandigarh.
Front page of a historic 1931 edition
|Founded||2 February 1881|
Dr. Harish Khare was the Editor-in-Chief of The Tribune Group of Newspapers till recently , March 15, 2018.The Tribune in English, has two sister publications: Dainik Tribune (in Hindi) and Punjabi Tribune. R. K Singh is the Editor of Dainik Tribune and Surinder Singh Tej is the Editor of the Punjabi Tribune. The Internet Edition of The Tribune was launched in July 1998. The Internet editions of the Punjabi Tribune and Dainik Tribune were launched on 16 August 2010. All the three newspapers are published by 'The Tribune Trust'. Justice S S Sodhi is the President of The Tribune Trust, which comprises Mr Narinder Nath Vohra, Lt. Gen S. S. Mehta (retd), Mr Naresh Mohan and Mr Gurbachan Jagat as trustees.
The Tribune had Prem Bhatia, Hari Jai Singh, H.K. Dua, and Raj Chengappa among others as its editors-in-chief in the past.
- "Chandigarh Tribune - daily newspaper in Chandigarh, India with local news and events". Mondotimes.com. Retrieved 2011-07-30.
- Service, Tribune News (2 February 2016). "Visionary who helped shape modern Punjab". tribuneindia.com. Retrieved 20 April 2016.
- "India national news media". mondotimes.com.
- Amazon.com: India Tribune available
- Himchal.us: announcement of English language edition of India Tribune for Himchal
- Punjab Newsline: Article on death of Tribune trust chairman, 2nd sentence: "The Tribune is leading daily newspaper of North India published from Chandigarh."
- "The Tribune Trust places another order with QI Press Controls". indianprinterpublisher.com. 8 February 2010. Retrieved 22 August 2011.
- Tribune News Service. "Harish Khare is new Editor-in-Chief". tribuneindia.com.
- "Varinder Walia made Editor of Punjabi Tribune". Exchange4media.com. 1978-08-15. Retrieved 2011-07-30.