Coordinates: Dainik Jagran (Daily Awakening) is an Indian Hindi language daily newspaper. As of 2017[update] it was the largest newspaper in India by circulation. As of 2010[update] it was the 17th most read in the world.
|Owner(s)||Jagran Prakashan Limited|
|Headquarters||Jagran Building, 2, Sarvodya Nagar, Kanpur-208 005, India|
|Circulation||3,410,026 daily (as of July–December 2018)|
The newspaper was launched in 1942 by Puran Chandra Gupta and later edited by Narendra Mohan. It is owned by Jagran Prakashan Limited, a publishing house listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange and the National Stock Exchange of India. Jagran Prakashan Limited also acquired Mid Day in 2010 and Naiduniya in 2012.
- File:Dainik Jagran 2018 stampsheet of India.jpg
- "Highest Circulated Daily Newspapers (language wise)" (PDF). Audit Bureau of Circulations. Retrieved 5 January 2019.
- "Details of most circulated publications for the audit period Jan – Jun 2016" (PDF). Audit Bureau of Circulations. Retrieved 27 December 2016.
- "Study Tour "Success made in India"". Wan-Ifra. September 2010. Retrieved 28 March 2014.
- Abhineet Kumar (20 January 2013). "Jagran buys Mid-Day's publication business". Business Standard.
- "Jagran Prakashan buys Nai Dunia". Indian Express. 3 April 2012.
- Official website (in Hindi)