Coordinates: Dainik Jagran (Hindi: दैनिक जागरण) is an Indian Hindi-language daily newspaper. It is the largest read newspaper in India and the second-largest newspaper in India by circulation as per Audit Bureau of Circulations (India).
|Headquarters||Jagran Building, 2, Sarvodya Nagar, Kanpur-208 005, India|
|Circulation||3,632,383 Daily (as of Jan − Jun 2016)|
Dainik Jagran has now been the most read daily newspaper in India for the 25th consecutive time. It has also been declared by the World Association of Newspapers (WAN) as one of the most read newspapers in the world. It was named the most credible newspaper source in India in a survey commissioned by BBC-Reuters.
The newspaper is owned by Jagran Prakashan Limited, a publishing house listed on the Bombay Stock Exchange and the National Stock Exchange of India. Jagran Prakashan Limited also acquired Mid Day in 2010 and Naiduniya in 2012.
The newspaper was launched in 1942 in Jhansi during the Indian freedom struggle (Quit India movement) by Shri Puran Chandra Gupta, JC Arya and Shri Gurudev Gupta a nationalist, to voice nationalistic sentiments.Their legacy was carried forward by literary stalwarts like Narendra Mohan who has carried forward the paper’s editorial legacy.
In a succession of planned expansions, Rewa and Bhopal editions were added in 1953 and 1956. Gorakhpur was added in 1975, followed by Varanasi, Allahabad, Meerut, Agra, Aligarh and Bareilly in the 1980s, and finally Delhi in 1990. After this Dainik Jagran ventured out into other states like Uttarakhand, Haryana, Bihar, Jharkhand, Punjab, Jammu, Himachal Pradesh and West Bengal. Puran Chandra's vision was also realised through the group's educational initiatives at both the junior and senior levels. rajsthan patrika on 1956, it is appearance only for Kanpur City. Kanpur news in Hindi Rajasthan Patrika 
- "Submission of circulation figures for the audit period July - December 2015" (PDF). Audit Bureau of Circulations. Retrieved 5 January 2016.
- "Details of most circulated publications for the audit period Jan - Jun 2016" (PDF). Audit Bureau of Circulations. Retrieved 2016-12-27.
- "Dainik Jagran tops national readership in 2013". Dainik Jagran.
- "Study Tour "Success made in India"". Wan-Ifra. Retrieved 2014-03-28.
- "BBC Poll: Trust in Media - Countries". Globescan.com. Retrieved 2014-03-28.
- "Jagran buys Mid-Day's publication business". Business Standard.
- "Jagran Prakashan buys Nai Dunia". Indian Express.
- "Kanpur News". Rajasthan Patrika.