Amar Ujala is a Hindi-language daily newspaper published in India. It has 19 editions in seven states and one union territory covering 167 districts. It has a circulation of around two million copies. The 2013 Indian Readership Survey reported that, with 5.510 million it had the 12th-largest daily readership amongst newspapers in India.
|Publisher||Amar Ujala Publications Ltd.|
|Headquarters||Amar Ujala, C-21, Sector-59, Noida-201301|
|Circulation||2,938,173 Daily (as of Jul − Dec 2016)|
|Sister newspapers||Amar Ujala Compact|
Amar Ujala was founded in Agra in 1948. In 1994, Dainik Jagran and Amar Ujala shared nearly 70 per cent of the Hindi newspaper readership in the state of Uttar Pradesh. Amar Ujala sold 4.5 lakh copies through its five editions.
Amar Ujala publishes a 16- to 18-page issue daily and also supplements focusing on matters such as careers, lifestyle, entertainment and women.
In 2015 the newspaper's managing director, Rajul Maheshwari, announced in a press release that it was entering the "rural events and activation" market, saying that “Amar Ujala is not just a newspaper. It is also a change agent." The intention is to hold short events in several towns that would bring together significant participants in the local rural economy with larger agriculture-based service businesses and government agencies.
Amar Ujala has 19 editions, in 7 states (Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh , Jammu, Haryana, Punjab, Delhi NCR and Uttar Pradesh) and 1 union territory (Chandigarh) covering 179 districts.
It is also available online.
Amar Ujala Hindi News AppsEdit
Stay with Amar Ujala App to updates from all-day hindi news.
Awards and EventsEdit
- "Submission of circulation figures for the audit period July - December 2016" (PDF). Audit Bureau of Circulations. Retrieved 5 January 2016.
- "Details of language wise most circulated dailies for the audit period July-December 2013". Audit Bureau of Circulations. Retrieved 10 November 2014.
- "Indian Readership Survey
(IRS) 2013" (PDF). Retrieved 9 May 2014.
- Dilip Awasthi (15 November 1994). "Belligerent as ever, Mulayam Singh Yadav takes on the press". India Today. Retrieved 12 September 2014.
- "Amar Ujala Makes Big Foray into Rural Marketing with the Mega-Event 'Viraat Kisan Mela'". Business Wire. 12 February 2015. Retrieved 5 April 2015.
- "Amar Ujala Android App". Amar Ujala. Retrieved 8 November 2017.
- "Amar Ujala IOs App". Amar Ujala. Retrieved 8 November 2017.
- "Amar Ujala Live TV". Amar Ujala. Retrieved 8 November 2017.
- "Amar Ujala CSR Award". Amar Ujala. Retrieved 31 October 2017.