Zero (2018 film)
Zero is an upcoming 2018 Indian Hindi-language romantic drama film, written by Himanshu Sharma and directed by Aanand L. Rai. It was jointly produced by Colour Yellow Productions and Red Chillies Entertainment's Gauri Khan, and stars Shah Rukh Khan, Anushka Sharma and Katrina Kaif. It follows Bauua Singh, a short man from Meerut who, after having difficulty finding a marriage partner, finds a companion in Aafia Bhinder, a NASA scientist with cerebral palsy. However, leading superstar Babita also gets close with him, testing his first relationship. This love triangle takes them to far-off cities, and thrusts Bauua on an adventure to discover both his true love and completeness in a life lived to the fullest.
|Directed by||Aanand L. Rai|
|Produced by||Gauri Khan|
|Written by||Himanshu Sharma|
|Screenplay by||Himanshu Sharma|
|Starring||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Edited by||Hemal Kothari|
|Distributed by||Various (Domestic) |
Yash Raj Films (International)[a]
Produced on an budget of ₹200 crore (US$28 million), Zero is Khan's most expensive film. The film was conceived by Rai in 2012, after he was inspired by the superhero genre. Pre-production began in 2016. Initially titled Katrina Meri Jaan, Zero went through numerous title changes before arriving at the final title in early 2018. Principal photography of the film began in Mumbai on May 2017. It marked the last film appearance of Sridevi, who died shortly after completing the film. Filming concluded in 2018 at Orlando. The film's soundtrack is composed by Ajay-Atul with lyrics written by Irshad Kamil, under the label T-Series. Zero is set to be released on 21 December 2018.
Bauua Singh is a short, 38-year-old man from Meerut who has trouble finding a marriage partner. After using matrimonial agencies with little luck, he eventually finds his companion in Aafia Bhinder, a NASA scientist with cerebral palsy; however, leading female superstar Babita also gets close with him, testing his first relationship. A love triangle forms between the three, taking them to far-off cities, and thrusting Bauua on an adventure to discover both his true love and the measure of a man's true worth.
- Shah Rukh Khan as Bauua Singh, a short man
- Anushka Sharma as Aafia Yusufzai Bhinder, a NASA scientist with cerebral palsy
- Katrina Kaif as Babita Kumari, an alcoholic Bollywood actress
- Abhay Deol as Babita's love interest
- R. Madhavan
- Tigmanshu Dhulia as Bauua’s father
- Sheeba Chaddha as Beena Singh
- Brijendra Kala as marriage alliance officer
- Mohammed Zeeshan Ayyub as Guddu Singh
- Javed Jaffrey (voice-over at a dance competition)
Aanand L. Rai on the decision to name the film Zero and its implications
Director Aanand L. Rai conceived the film in 2012 after watching Krrish and drawing parallels of the titular character with that of American superheroes such as Spider-Man, Batman and Superman. He appreciated the achievement of Indians having their own superhero film but felt wary of the outreach, saying, "I loved seeing Hrithik Roshan fly off a 250-feet building, it was brilliantly done, but deep down I felt this wasn’t us. Apart from our mythological demigods, Indians aren’t ready for superheroes, we are still short in height. That’s what made me want to live life from the perspective of a dwarf [[sic]]."
The film was initially titled Katrina Meri Jaan. However, this was later scrapped because the producers thought the title would be too misleading to people and make them presume the film is about Kaif. In between productions, the film underwent through numerous working titles such as Bauaa, Bauna, Butka, Bandhua and Batla. Red Chillies Entertainment registered three names for use as the film's title. In the end, a unanimous decision was made to call the film Zero, revealed in January 2018.
Bollywood Hungama reported the budget of the film to be around ₹150 crore. Rai refuted these reports and stated that the film did have a big budget at that time, but less than the reported amount, and that the amount might change. In October 2018, after post-production work was completed, the film's budget was revealed to be ₹200 crore, making it the most expensive film starring Khan. Himanshu Sharma, who wrote the script, confirmed the story to be a romantic drama. He stated that while the story does feature a little person as a character, the plot does not revolve only around that character.
Initially, Salman Khan was approached for the role in 2012. The role then went to Shah Rukh Khan. His casting was confirmed in March 2016. He plays a three-four foot physically challenged man. Rai cast Khan to play the lead role because he needed a big star for the story to penetrate globally. He needed "an intelligent actor, who also can carry that happy-go-lucky attitude," and he felt Khan possessed those qualities. Rai realised the difference between a six-foot tall person saying "I love you" and a four foot tall person; hence he hired Khan. Khan is the fifth actor of normal stature in Indian cinema to play a little person after Kamal Haasan in Apoorva Sagodharargal (1989), Johnny Lever in Aashiq (2001), Jagathy Sreekumar in Athbhutha Dweepu (2005) and Anupam Kher in Jaan-E-Mann (2006).
After much speculation, Rai confirmed Anushka Sharma and Katrina Kaif as the female lead actors in the film in June 2017; this would be the second collaboration between the two actresses and Khan after their 2012 film Jab Tak Hai Jaan. Kaif was cast after Salman Khan suggested her. Sharma was reported to play a differently-abled person, whereas Kaif confirmed that she will portray the role of an actress. Both Sharma and Kaif were offered the role not because of their stardom but because they fit the role according to Rai. According to Kaif, she was offered the film before Khan was cast. She was initially supposed to play herself in the film, but the character was later revised to be a satirical take on herself. She later confirmed that the script and story of Zero had changed over two years, hinting that Khan recommended this.
Tigmanshu Dhulia will portray Khan's father. He showed interest in the project after hearing about its heavy technical involvements. Abhay Deol was cast as a love interest, and R. Madhavan, who had previously worked with Rai in both Tanu Weds Manu films, announced his casting by sharing a selfie with Rai on the film's set in late May 2018. Khan refrained from signing any other film during Zero's production. The film features guest appearances by Salman Khan, Rani Mukerji, Deepika Padukone, Kajol, Alia Bhatt, Sridevi, Karisma Kapoor and Juhi Chawla who will portray themselves. This will mark Sridevi’s last appearance in a film, as she died before the film's release shortly after filming.
In August 2016, it was said that filming would begin in December 2016. This was later postponed to 2017. Principal photography of the film eventually began in May 2017 in Mumbai. In May, an accident occurred on the set, in which crew members were injured. In June 2017, Khan revealed that only 10 minutes of footage had been completed. Kaif joined the team on 22 September 2017. Sharma started shooting in September. On 8 January, she resumed her shooting after taking a break for a couple of weeks for her wedding. Two days later, Khan was photographed on the sets of the film in suburban Mumbai. The crew took a break during the Makara Sankranti festival. The shoot was also extended to Bandra, Mumbai. Around January 2018, Kajol completed filming for her cameo. Parts of the film were also shot in Dubai.
Visual effects were heavily used to make Khan's character three feet tall. According to Khan, this was done as "I would have a problem if I have to do it on my knees. I am trying to avoid that part because that looks unreal also, and in today’s time and age, you don’t want to do that." The makers took inspiration from the technology used in The Lord of the Rings. The character was shot using Forced Perspective, which according to NDTV, is "a technique that employs optical illusion to make an object appear farther away, closer, larger or smaller than it actually is. It will make SRK look shorter." According to Rai, the film will use the most visual effects for an Indian film.
To better prepare for her role in a wheelchair, Sharma met with an occupational therapist and an audiologist, who taught her how to create an involuntary spasm-like action during her dialogue scenes; the occupational therapist was always on set to monitor Sharma's performance. In an interview with The Telegraph, Sharma noted that in the beginning stages of the shoot, shaping the physicality of the character was difficult for her and that she would ask for many more takes than usual because her movements didn't feel correct. During the first schedule, she asked Khan to be more patient with her during their scenes while she got used to the character, which he obliged. She observed that because the character performed involuntary movements, they were very difficult to do and required "heavy breathing, which would get me very tired and my body would go into spasms because I had tightened it so much." She eventually got more comfortable in her performance later on. In between takes, instead of returning to her normal physicality as most actors would, she would remain in the wheelchair, then "go to another mark on my wheelchair and sit there alone. I would rarely leave the wheelchair on set, and ended up staying away from everybody as well."
In the behind-the-scenes video of the making of the song "Mere Naam Tu," Anushka Sharma details the video in a voice-over, and she mentions several aspects of the song's making. She noted that choreographer Remo D'Souza directed the video and brought his trademark creativity, including the inclusion of children, into the song's dance sequence. The sequence was filmed over the course of 14 days, with Sharma mostly wearing pajamas and being confined to a wheelchair for its duration. It was filmed in the corridor of a hotel, yet was transformed into a "fantasy land," with the addition of on-set rain and Holi colors. While on set, the wheelchair-bound Sharma can be seen on an elevated platform while interacting with Shah Rukh Khan's character Bauua, to create the illusion of his short stature.
Most of the film was filmed entirely in Film City. In February 2018, it was reported that the post-production work of a second teaser was being carried out. From 4–8 April 2018, Khan shot the film's schedule in Vasai, Mumbai, flying in a helicopter to avoid the traffic. In middle April, the film's shooting was reported to shift to the United States for a sequence. Some sequences were also filmed in Alabama. Khan finished filming for Zero, and wrapped the film's principal photography in Orlando, during the month of June 2018.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (December 2018)
|Soundtrack album by|
|Genre||Feature Film Soundtrack|
The film's soundtrack was composed and produced by Ajay−Atul, with lyrics written by Irshad Kamil, Mayur Puri, and Vayu. The first song, "Mere Naam Tu", was sung by Abhay Jodhpurkar and arranged by Ustad K. Shayan-Hussaini (who also played its piano pieces); other instrumentals include the Indian flute by Varad Kathapurkar and the Nylon guitar by Pawan Rasayli.
|1.||"Mere Naam Tu"||Abhay Jodhpurkar||5:39|
|2.||"Issaqbaazi"||Sukhwinder Singh, Divya Kumar||5:20|
|3.||"Husn Parcham"||Bhoomi Trivedi, Raja Kumari||3:06|
Marketing and release
The title of the film was announced by Khan and Rai on 1 January 2018 in a minute long teaser posted on Twitter due to robust demand from fans. The video showed Khan in his dwarf avatar singing and dancing to Mohammed Rafi's "Hum Ko Tum Pe Pyar Aaya". Although neither Kaif nor Sharma appeared in the teaser video, in one of the scenes, Khan wore a jacket with a collage of Kaif's pictures imprinted on it. In less than 24 hours, the video garnered over 3 million views on YouTube alone, and Khan's announcement tweet had over 30,000 likes. Red Chillies Entertainment later announced that Zero-related posts had reached over 10 million views, likes and mentions across various social media platforms like Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram. The following day, the first teaser poster with the tagline "21st December 2018 se aapke piche" was unveiled by Red Chillies Entertainment, revealing that the film would release on 21 December 2018.
According to Rai, Zero was chosen to be released in December since it is "a month when we celebrate life and what better time for a boy who celebrates that he is physically incomplete and in his incompleteness completes others as he travels from Meerut to New York. There is a beauty in incompleteness we are celebrating." During the Islamic festival of Eid, a promotional teaser was released on 13 June 2018, featuring Shah Rukh and Salman, the latter in the attire sported by him in the film Tiger Zinda Hai (2017). In late August 2018, Rai confirmed to news agency Bollywood Hungama that the trailer for Zero would release on 2 November, Khan's birthday. In late October 2018, as part of the promotional campaign, a verified Twitter account emerged in the name of Bauua, Khan's character from the film, featuring the cartoon version of Bauua Singh's first look and posting humorous tweets.
On 1 November, the day before the release of the trailer, two official posters were revealed by Khan on his social media pages: one featuring Khan's character Bauua Singh and Anushka Sharma's character in Connaught Place in New Delhi, and another with Singh and Katrina Kaif's character in front of Meerut's clock tower. On the morning of 2 November, Director Aanand L. Rai released a third poster on his Twitter page, depicting Khan's Bauua Singh standing on a street near Broadway in New York City. The same day, Red Chillies Entertainment released the official trailer on YouTube. The trailer recorded more than 54 million views within 24 hours, and eventually recorded the fastest 100 million views on YouTube for any Indian film, surpassing Thugs of Hindostan to become YouTube's most-watched Indian trailer of all time. On 10 November, Zero's trailer was screened at the 24th Kolkata International Film Festival in the presence of Khan and West Bengal Chief Minister Mamta Banerjee. On 20 November, Red Chillies Entertainment uploaded an official promo video to their Youtube channel. On the same day, the film's makers launched an exclusive Bauua Singh WhatsApp sticker pack available for download.
On 21 November, in starting a month-long countdown to the release of the film, a humorous behind-the-scenes look was released, entitled "Mera Samosa Waapis Karo" - revealing Director Aanand L. Rai's fondness for samosas and Shah Rukh Khan's playful prank on him about it. Also on 21 November, Red Chillies Entertainment tweeted to announce official merchandise for the film - including phone covers, mugs, shirts, and headphone sets - which would be available for purchase on their company website's store page. On 22 November, Red Chillies Entertainment revealed a new film poster depicting Bauua kissing Aafia on the forehead in front of a large sunlit dome-arched window, and announced that the first song of the film would release the following day. On 23 November, the first song of the film was released, titled "Mere Naam Tu"; an orchestral ballad picturized on Bauua as he sweepingly proclaims his love for Aafia, it was composed by Ajay-Atul, lyricized by Irshad Kamil and sung by Abhay Jodhpurkar.
On 30 November, Red Chillies Entertainment announced a fan-interaction website, called "Bauua Ki Toli." By completing social-media related activities and earning points, fans can earn the chance to become Bauua's "Khaasam Khaas" and win Zero merchandise, personalised autographed posters from Shah Rukh Khan, as well as movie ticket cashback from Paytm and exclusive Bauua apparel. On 2 December, the producers released a new poster, featuring Khan's Bauua Singh being held by Salman Khan in the center-stage of a crowded dance hall, announcing the release of a new song, "Issaqbaazi." On 4 December, "Issaqbaazi," the film's second song, was released; a fast-paced, rustic dance number picturized on a jubilant Bauua dancing with Salman Khan after being kissed by Babita, it was sung by Sukhwinder Singh and Divya Kumar, composed by Ajay-Atul and lyricized by Irshad Kamil.
On 5 December, Shah Rukh Khan flew to Dubai to promote the film, greeting fans at a club on the rooftop of the Meydan Racecourse's grandstand; the following day, he entertained 100,000 viewers at Dubai's Global Village, dancing to several hit songs from his films. On 7 December, he travelled to Muscat (Oman), and Kuwait as part of the film's promotional tour. On 7 December, Red Chillies Entertainment uploaded onto Youtube a behind-the-scenes video of the making of the "Mere Naam Tu" music video. On 10 December, a teaser for a new song was released, "Husn Parcham." On 14 December, a new dialogue promo featuring Bauua Singh was released, called "Bhabhi Ke Naam Ki Biryani," revealing his relationship with his father and his "quirky sense of humor."
- "Zero - Red Chillies Entertainment". Red Chillies Entertainment. Retrieved 13 November 2018.
- "Shahrukh Khan dazzles in his upcoming film's teaser - Daily Times". Dailytimes.com.pk. 4 January 2018. Archived from the original on 26 January 2018. Retrieved 11 January 2018.
- Mankad, Himesh (26 October 2018). "EXCLUSIVE: All India distribution rights of Shah Rukh Khan's Zero sold for Rs 100 Crore on Advance Basis!". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 9 November 2018.
- "Shah Rukh Khan's new film with Anand L Rai to release on february01, 2019". The Indian Express. 31 August 2016. Archived from the original on 9 November 2016. Retrieved 29 July 2017.
- "Zero | British Board of Film Classification". www.bbfc.co.uk. Retrieved 2018-12-14.
- "Shah Rukh Khan Has A Contingency Plan For His Film, Zero". Mid Day. 6 October 2018.
- Red Chillies Entertainment (2 November 2018). "Zero - Official Trailer - Shah Rukh Khan - Aanand L Rai - Anushka - Katrina - 21 Dec 2018". YouTube. Retrieved 2 November 2018.
- "Zero teaser: Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan wish Eid Mubarak in style; watch". The Financial Express. 2018-06-14. Retrieved 2018-06-16.
- "Zero teaser released: Fans celebrate Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan's friendship with hilarious memes". Retrieved 2018-06-16.
- Desk, News (3 November 2018). "The trailer of Shah Rukh Khan's 'Zero' trending 2nd on social media". Globalvillagespace.com. Retrieved 3 November 2018.
- "Katrina Kaif has joined us, Anushka Sharma will join soon: Shah Rukh Khan on Aanand L Rai's film". Hindustantimes.com. 25 September 2017. Archived from the original on 24 October 2017. Retrieved 4 November 2017.
- "Zero: Katrina Kaif Reveals She Wanted to Play Aafia but the Role Went to Anushka Sharma – Watch Video". Yahoo.com. 5 November 2018. Retrieved 5 November 2018.
- "Abhay Deol to play Katrina Kaif's love interest in 'Zero'". Bizasialive.com. 5 March 2018.
- Gaikwad, Pramod (24 May 2018). "Madhavan to star in Aanand L Rai's Zero alongside Shah Rukh, Katrina Kaif, Anushka Sharma". International Business Times. Retrieved 27 May 2018.
- "Aanand L Rai signs Tigmanshu Dhulia for his next film starring Shah Rukh Khan". Mid-day.com. Archived from the original on 29 July 2017. Retrieved 29 July 2017.
- Staff, Scroll. "A larger-than-life celebration of love and imperfection: Anushka Sharma on Aanand L Rai's 'Zero'". Scroll.in. Retrieved 2018-12-02.
- "Zero Trailer: Shah Rukh Khan as Bauua Singh Spells Magic But Katrina Kaif and Anushka Sharma Steal The Show Too - Watch Video". Latestly.com. Retrieved 2 November 2018.
- "Why Shah Rukh Khan's Raees Co-Star Mohammed Zeeshan Ayyub Is Trending In Connection With Zero". NDTV. Retrieved 26 November 2018.
- "Fire On Sets Of Shah Rukh Khan-Starrer 'Zero' In Mumbai Film City: Report". NDTV.com. Retrieved 2018-12-02.
- "Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan share a selfie moment on the sets of Anand L Rai's next film leaving fans curious, see photos". Indianexpress.com. 6 July 2017. Archived from the original on 29 July 2017. Retrieved 29 July 2017.
- "'Dwarf' SRK serenades his lovely ladies again - Pune Mirror -". Punemirror.indiatimes.com. Archived from the original on 29 October 2017. Retrieved 4 November 2017.
- "Deepika Padukone Talks About Her Role In Shah Rukh Khan's Next With Aanand L Rai". Businessofcinema.com. 18 October 2017. Archived from the original on 29 October 2017. Retrieved 4 November 2017.
- ‘I had to keep looking down on SRK’, says Juhi Chawla Archived 9 December 2017 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Zero Song Issaqbaazi: Watch Shah Rukh Khan Dance with Salman Khan, Ganesh Acharya, Remo D'Souza". News 18. Retrieved 5 December 2018.
- Roshmila Bhattacharya (7 August 2017). "AANAND L RAI OPENS UP ABOUT HIS DWARF FILM WITH SHAH RUKH KHAN: I WANTED TO CUT TWO FEET FROM A STAR AS BIG AS KHAN SAAB". Mumbai Mirror. Archived from the original on 2 October 2017. Retrieved 2 January 2017.
- "Zero: Everything we know about the Shah Rukh Khan starrer so far". The Indian Express. 2 January 2018. Archived from the original on 2 January 2018. Retrieved 2 January 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 6 January 2018. Retrieved 6 January 2018.
- "The ex-factor? Here's why Katrina Kaif had the name changed of her film with Shah Rukh Khan". DNS India. 24 August 2017. Archived from the original on 3 January 2018. Retrieved 2 January 2018.
- "Shah Rukh Khan is not in any hurry to reveal his look in the Aanand L Rai film". India Today. 10 November 2017. Archived from the original on 18 December 2017. Retrieved 2 January 2018.
- "Unanimous decision to title the movie Zero, says Aanand L Rai". The Asian Age. Archived from the original on 3 January 2018. Retrieved 4 January 2018.
- Hungama, Bollywood (17 March 2017). "BREAKING: Rs. 150 cr. budget for Dwarf film starring Shah Rukh Khan? - Bollywood Hungama". Bollywoodhungama.com. Archived from the original on 7 January 2018. Retrieved 11 January 2018.
- Does Shah Rukh Khan's upcoming dwarf movie have a massive budget of Rs 150 crore? Director Aanand L Rai answers Archived 28 March 2017 at the Wayback Machine.
- Size doesn't matter: Shah Rukh Khan's next is a romantic drama, says writer Himanshu Sharma Archived 10 June 2016 at the Wayback Machine.
- Aanand L Rai on his 'dwarf' drama, working with Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan's cameo in the film Archived 31 August 2017 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Confirmed! Shah Rukh Khan to play a dwarf in Aanand L Rai's next - Shah Rukh Khan: Lesser known facts | The Times of India". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 3 January 2018. Retrieved 2 January 2018.
- "Zero first look: Shah Rukh Khan reveals title, teaser and release date of upcoming film with Aanand L Rai". Firstpost. 1 January 2018. Archived from the original on 1 January 2018. Retrieved 1 January 2018.
- "Shah Rukh Khan talks about playing a dwarf in Aanand L Rai's next: We don't have to empathise with differently abled people". Indianexpress.com. 3 June 2017. Retrieved 26 January 2018.
- Roshmila Bhattacharya (2 January 2018). "ZERO DIRECTOR AANAND L RAI ON SHAH RUKH KHAN: 'EVEN IF YOU CUT TWO FEET OFF, KHANSAAB WILL STILL STAND TALL'". Mumbai Mirror. Archived from the original on 1 January 2018. Retrieved 2 January 2018.
- "Shah Rukh Khan, 2-Feet Shorter. Director Reveals Why He Made 'Khan Saab' A Dwarf". NDTV.com. Archived from the original on 7 August 2017. Retrieved 2 January 2018.
- Jain, Arushi (4 January 2018). "Not just Shah Rukh Khan, these actors also took the role of a vertically challenged man". The Indian Express. Archived from the original on 4 January 2018.
- CONFIRMED: Shah Rukh Khan, Anushka Sharma and Katrina Kaif in Aanand L Rai’s next Archived 1 June 2017 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Salman Khan behind SRK-Katrina casting coup for Aanand L Rai's next?". Deccanchronicle.com. 29 May 2017. Archived from the original on 6 July 2017. Retrieved 11 January 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 5 January 2018. Retrieved 5 January 2018.
- "Katrina Kaif on SRK s film: I was supposed to play myself in Zero". Mid-day.com. 5 January 2018. Archived from the original on 5 January 2018. Retrieved 11 January 2018.
- "Katrina Kaif just confirmed that Zero's script and title has been changed over the last two years". Times Now. 20 January 2018. Retrieved 26 January 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 5 January 2018. Retrieved 5 January 2018.
- "For Zero, Shah Rukh Khan and Anushka Sharma visit US Consulate Mumbai". Timesnownews.com.
- "Sridevi will be seen one last time in Shah Rukh Khan's Zero. See pics". hindustantimes.com/. 2018-02-25. Retrieved 2018-02-26.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 19 August 2016. Retrieved 2 January 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 10 January 2017. Retrieved 3 January 2018.
- Leaked: SRK begins filming Anand L Rai's untitled next where he plays a dwarf Archived 29 May 2017 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Shah Rukh Khan victim of death hoax, European news network says star died in air crash". The Indian Express. 1 June 2017. Archived from the original on 1 June 2017. Retrieved 10 June 2017.
- Shah Rukh Khan escapes accident as 2 injured on Anand L Rai film set Archived 3 June 2017 at the Wayback Machine.
- "The Status Of Shah Rukh Khan's Film In Which He Plays A Dwarf". NDTV.com. Archived from the original on 12 September 2017. Retrieved 2 January 2018.
- PHOTO: Katrina Kaif begins shooting for Aanand L Rai's film with Shah Rukh Khan, and we can't keep calm Archived 11 November 2017 at the Wayback Machine.
- Anushka Sharma soon to begin shoot for Aanand L Rai’s next Archived 3 January 2018 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Anushka Sharma Returns to Zero Set, Shah Rukh Khan Extends a Floral Welcome". News18.com. Archived from the original on 11 January 2018. Retrieved 11 January 2018.
- "SRK's another experiment with VFX - 'Zero': Interesting facts about the Shah Rukh Khan starrer film - The Times of India". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 8 January 2018. Retrieved 11 January 2018.
- "Shah Rukh Khan celebrates Makar Sankranti on 'Zero' sets—Pic". Zeenews.india.com. 15 January 2018. Retrieved 26 January 2018.
- "Shah Rukh Khan and Anushka Sharma spotted on the sets of Zero, see pictures". Indiatvnews.com. Retrieved 26 January 2018.
- "Kajol shoots for Shah Rukh Khan's Zero". M.filmfare.com.
- "Shah Rukh Khan's latest movie 'Zero' was partially shot in Dubai". The National. 10 November 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 5 January 2018. Retrieved 5 January 2018.
- "Honey, I Shrunk Shah Rukh Khan. The Role Of VFX In His Next Film". NDTV.com. Archived from the original on 12 September 2017. Retrieved 2 January 2018.
- "Aanand L Rai on working with Shah Rukh Khan in Zero: There is nervousness and I enjoy that". Indianespress.com. 7 January 2018. Archived from the original on 8 January 2018. Retrieved 11 January 2018.
- "This profession could turn you into a monster or it could turn you into a saint: Anushka Sharma". www.telegraphindia.com. Retrieved 2018-12-02.
- Red Chillies Entertainment, Zero | The Making of Mere Naam Tu | Shah Rukh Khan | Anushka Sharma | Aanand L. Rai | Ajay - Atul, retrieved 2018-12-07
- Media, Sanskriti (24 January 2018). "Aamir, Salman and SRK to shoot together!". Emirates247.com. Retrieved 26 January 2018.
- "Shah Rukh Khan all set to promote Zero during all festivals this year". M.filmfare.com.
- "Shah Rukh Khan flies from Vile Parle to Vasai to escape Mumbai traffic for Zero shoot". M.businesstoday.in.
- "Indian movie megastar Shah Rukh Khan filming in Alabama". Al.com.
- "Shah Rukh Khan Wraps Zero, Thanks Crew For 'Fruitful And Hectic Shoot'". Ndtv.com. Retrieved 3 October 2018.
- Anvita Singh (1 January 2018). "Zero: Shah Rukh Khan reveals title of his next film, set to impress in a never-seen-before avatar". The Indian Express. Archived from the original on 2 January 2018. Retrieved 1 January 2018.
- "Aanand L Rai: I wanted to celebrate incompleteness with 'Zero'". The Times of India. 2 January 2018. Retrieved 2 January 2018.
- Divya Goyal (2 January 2017). "Shah Rukh Khan's Zero: Could You Spot Katrina Kaif In Film Teaser?". NDTV. Archived from the original on 2 January 2018. Retrieved 2 January 2017.
- "Zero: Everything you need to know about Shah Rukh Khan, Katrina Kaif, Aanand L Rai's ambitious film". Hindustan Times. 2 January 2018. Retrieved 2 January 2018.
- "10 Million and counting! Thank you for the love .. #ChhaGayaZERO Watch the title announcement now - bit.ly/Zero-Title @iamsrk @aanandlrai @AnushkaSharma #KatrinaKaif @gaurikhan @cypplOfficial". Twitter. 2 January 2018. Archived from the original on 3 January 2018. Retrieved 2 January 2018.
- Hungama, Bollywood (9 January 2018). "Behind the Scenes: Here's how Avinash Gowariker shot the poster of Shah Rukh Khan's Zero - Bollywood Hungama". Bollywoodhungama.com. Archived from the original on 11 January 2018. Retrieved 11 January 2018.
- Red Chillies Entertainment (2018-06-13), Zero | Eid Teaser | Shah Rukh Khan | Salman Khan | Aanand L Rai | 21 Dec 2018, retrieved 2018-06-14
- "'Zero' teaser: Shah Rukh Khan dances with Salman Khan in a never seen before avatar - Times of India ►". The Times of India. Retrieved 2018-06-14.
- "ZERO: The trailer of the Shah Rukh Khan film to be unveiled on his birthday". Bollywood Hungama. 24 August 2018. Retrieved 1 November 2018.
- "Shah Rukh Khan aka Bauua Singh from 'Zero' joins Twitter". The Times Of India. 26 October 2018. Retrieved 30 October 2018.
- "Zero: 'Zero': Shah Rukh Khan engages in hilarious Twitter banter with his character Bauua Singh". The Times Of India. 29 October 2018. Retrieved 29 October 2018.
- "Zero movie posters: SRK is adorable, Anushka is a smiling beauty and Katrina is oozing oomph". Indianexpress.com. 1 November 2018. Retrieved 1 November 2018.
- "Almost Zero Hour: Shah Rukh Khan's Birthday Countdown Begins With New Posters". Ndtv.com. Retrieved 1 November 2018.
- Iyengar, Shriram. "Paraplegic Anushka, gorgeous Katrina mark two forms of beauty in Zero posters". Cinestaan.com. Retrieved 1 November 2018.
- "Happy Birthday Shah Rukh Khan: Aanand L Rai wishes his Khan Saab by sharing a new Zero poster". Pinkvilla.com. Retrieved 2 November 2018.
- "Shah Rukh Khan starrer Zero's trailer breaks record". Mid-Day. 4 November 2018. Retrieved 4 November 2018.
- "Zero trailer breaks all records; fastest Indian movie trailer to hit 100 million views on YouTube". Mid-Day. 4 December 2018. Retrieved 11 December 2018.
- "Amitabh Bachchan inaugurates Kolkata film festival, Shah Rukh's Zero trailer screened". Hindustan Times. 10 November 2018.
- "This NEW promo of Shah Rukh Khan-starrer Zero will make the wait for its release even harder - watch video". Times Now News. Retrieved 20 November 2018.
- "ZERO ko WhatsApp stickers ki 'Feel aa gayi' – The first ever Indian Film to launch the WhatsApp sticker pack!". firstpost. Retrieved 21 November 2018.
- "Shah Rukh Khan with daughter Suhana Khan teases Anand L. Rai over his obsession with samosa in this BTS video". India TV News. Retrieved 22 November 2018.
- Red Chillies Entertainment [@RedChilliesEnt] (21 November 2018). "Guys, we hear you loud and clear: You can't get enough of @BauuaSingh! With just #1MonthToZero, here's a special gift for you, #BauuaKiDukaan live now! Visit the store and get ready for the big day: shop.redchillies.com" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- "The first song of Zero, Mera Naam Tu, to drop November 23, Shah Rukh Khan announces on Twitter with a photo". Times Now News. 22 November 2018. Retrieved 22 November 2018.
- "Zero song Mera Naam Tu: Shah Rukh Khan and Anushka Sharma beautifully depict the colour of love". Times Now News. Retrieved 23 November 2018.
- "Anushka-Shah Rukh Khan's 'Mere Naam Tu' depicts a romance between equals". Times of India. Retrieved 23 November 2018.
- "Say hello to Bauua Ki Toli: The makers of ZERO launch a fan engagement initiative- Entertainment News, Firstpost". Firstpost. Retrieved 2018-11-30.
- "Zero song Issaqbaazi: The much-awaited track featuring Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan out tomorrow - view poster | Bollywood News". Retrieved 2018-12-03.
- "Zero song Issaqbaazi: Shah Rukh Khan and Salman Khan burn the dance floor". The Indian Express. 2018-12-04. Retrieved 2018-12-04.
- report, Staff. "Where to meet Shah Rukh Khan in Dubai this week". Khaleej Times. Retrieved 2018-12-06.
- "Shah Rukh Khan enjoys and interacts with fans in Dubai - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2018-12-06.
- Khan, Shah Rukh (2018-12-06). "This much love for #Zero , only possible in Dubai. Thanks Global Village for the 100,000 hearts beating for Bauua, Aafia & Babita. Will convey ur #Ishaqbaazi to them in India. Love u Dubaiwaalon yeh dekho Bauua ki selfie!pic.twitter.com/Os5S2VJBnc". @iamsrk. Retrieved 2018-12-06.
- Sachin, Ambica. "Shah Rukh Khan shrugs off fall from Forbes rich list". Khaleej Times. Retrieved 2018-12-06.
- "Zero Song Husn Parcham Teaser | Katrina Kaif | Sharkhuh Khan | Husn Parcham Video Song from Zero". timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2018-12-10.
- "Zero new dialogue promo: SRK as Bauua Singh is all set to bring the house down with his hilarious antics - watch video | Bollywood News". www.timesnownews.com. Retrieved 2018-12-14.