The Telegraph (Calcutta)
The Telegraph is an Indian English daily newspaper founded and continuously published in Kolkata since 7 July 1982. It is published by the ABP Group and the newspaper competes with The Times of India. According to the Audit Bureau of Circulations, it has a circulation of 466,001 copies as of Jul-Dec 2016. The newspaper is the fifth most-widely read English newspaper in India as per Indian Readership Survey (IRS) 2014.
The 20 August 2013 front page of
|Founded||7 July 1982|
|Headquarters||6, Prafulla Sarkar Street, Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Circulation||466,001 Daily (as of Jul-Dec 2016)|
The Telegraph was founded on 7 July 1982. The design director of London's Sunday Times, Edwin Taylor, designed the newspaper and provided a standard in design and editing. In 31 years, it has become the largest-circulation English daily in the eastern region published from Kolkata. In 1982, M. J. Akbar used to edit and design the daily newspaper; thus it had a major impact on newspaper journalism in India.
The Telegraph is published by media group Ananda Publishers closely associated with ABP Pvt. Ltd; the group also published Anandabazar Patrika (a Bengali language newspaper) since 13 March 1922. Apart from newspapers the group even published Bengali and English periodicals like Anandamela, Unish-Kuri, Sananda, Anandalok, Desh magazine, The Telegraph in Schools and Career.
- "Submission of circulation figures for the audit period Jul - Dec 2016" (PDF). Audit Bureau of Circulations. Retrieved 5 January 2016.
- "Indian Readership Survey (IRS) 2014" (PDF). Newswatch.in. 30 June 2010. Retrieved 16 October 2007.
-  Media Newsline.com Retrieved on 30 October 2009
-  About The Telegraph Retrieved on 30 October 2009
- "ABP Group launches Bengali tabloid, Ebela". afaqs. 17 September 2012. Retrieved 18 March 2014.
- Bhattacharyya, Anushree. "Exchange4media's Anurag Batra, investment banker Vikram Jhunjhunwala buy Businessworld from ABP". Financial Express. Archived from the original on 18 March 2014. Retrieved 18 March 2014.
- "ABP Mamta brawl". Scroll.in. Retrieved 25 May 2017.