Anandabazar Patrika (Bengali: আনন্দবাজার পত্রিকা, [Anandabazar Patrika]) is an Indian Bengali-language daily newspaper owned by the ABP Group. According to the Audit Bureau of Circulations, it has a circulation of 1 million copies as of December 2019. Its main competitors are Bartaman, Ei Samay, and Sangbad Pratidin.
|Editor||Ishani Dutta Ray|
|Founded||13 March 1922|
|Headquarters||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|Circulation||1,046,607 daily (as of December 2019)|
|Sister newspapers||The Telegraph|
A Bengali newspaper was published in 1876 in a small village of Magura at Jessore District in British India (now Bangladesh) by Tushar Kanti Ghosh and his father Sisir Kumar Ghosh. They named it Ananda Bazar after Tusharkanti's grandmother's sister Anandomayee. However, soon the newspaper died. In 1886, Ghosh published another newspaper, named after his grandmother Amritamoyee: Amrita Bazar Patrika.
Later in 1922, the Anandabazar Patrika was relaunched by proprietor Suresh Chandra Majumdar and editor Prafulla Kumar Sarkar. It was first printed on 13 March 1922 under their ownership and was against British rule. In 1922 it first published as a four-page evening daily. The first colour printing was the features section. The internet edition of the newspaper was launched in 2001, which publishes news among the community. Also provides advertisement in the printed newspaper. In 2010, Time Inc. entered into a license agreement with ABP Group to publish Fortune India magazine. This magazine publishes the Fortune India 500 list every year.
- "Exit of Anandabazar Patrika Editor Heightens Concerns of Press Freedom, Staff Cutbacks". The Wire. Retrieved 7 June 2020.
- "Highest Circulated Daily Newspapers (language wise)" (PDF). Audit Bureau of Circulations. Retrieved 5 January 2020.
- "The Tribune, Chandigarh, India - Nation". www.tribuneindia.com. Retrieved 10 September 2016.
- "Ananda Bazar Patrika Uniqueness: red ink printing" (PDF). Media Mimansa. 2009. Archived from the original (PDF) on 11 June 2012. Retrieved 13 March 2013.
- "Anandabazar Patrika | Purono". archives.anandabazar.com. Anandabazar Patrika.
- India magazine