|WikiProject Sociology||Project talk||Participants||Task force||Assessment||To do||Article lists & tools||Popular pages||Peer review||Templates||Category tree|
|This is a WikiProject, an area for focused collaboration among Wikipedians. New participants are welcome; please feel free to join!|
Welcome to WikiProject Sociology, a collaboration area for Wikipedians interested in improving coverage of sociology on Wikipedia. The project's primary purpose is to provide support for members and any other editors in improving Wikipedia's coverage of sociology. New members are always welcome! Just add your name to our participants list.
This WikiProject aims primarily to improve Wikipedia articles relating to sociology by organizing articles on the subject, locating notable weaknesses, and editing diligently. Criteria for including articles under this project's banner include:
- We cannot include all articles related to social activity: that would be millions of articles (all social facts...). Hence, we focus on those elements that are highly related to and mostly exclusive to sociology.
- Articles on purely sociological issues and terms (such as medical sociology or sociological perspective) should be included.
- Articles on interdisciplinary issues and terms (such as history of sociology, family, traditions or peace movement) should be included.
- But articles on specific entities such as a particular family (House of Windsor) or element of fashion (brasserie, long hair) are too specific and should not be included, even if there are sociological studies of those concepts; we cannot cover the entirety of social reality. If the subject is notable and reliable sources exist covering it from the sociological perspective, we could however create more specialized articles, so topics like the social construction of the British royal family, sociology of fashion or sociology of clothing may get covered.
- A biography of a sociologist who meets the notability requirements outlined at WP:BIO (WP:PROF) should be included. But biographies of famous persons who have not directly contributed to sociology, even if they are mentioned in many sociological studies (such as Barack Obama, Martin Luther King, or Gandhi), should not be included.
- For further information, please see the ' Assessment' and 'Article lists & tools' tabs for this WikiProject.
|Sociology articles by quality and importance|
|WikiWork factors (?)||ω = 25,711||Ω = 4.78|
The article alerts list provides information on which sociology-related Wikipedia articles are subject to various discussions, including peer review requests, or are in need of urgent assistance and/or review.
Did you know
- 08 Oct 2019 – Liberate Hong Kong, the revolution of our times was nominated for DYK by Feminist (t · c); see discussion
Categories for discussion
- 17 Aug 2019 – Category:Teen LGBT-related films was CfDed by JJMC89 (t · c); see discussion
- 17 Aug 2019 – Category:Childhood LGBT-related films was CfDed by JJMC89 (t · c); see discussion
- 17 Aug 2019 – Category:American teen LGBT-related films was CfDed by JJMC89 (t · c); see discussion
Redirects for discussion
- 13 Oct 2019 – Anti-globalism →Anti-globalization movement was RfDed by Arms & Hearts (t · c); see discussion
- 06 Oct 2019 – Hoklo chauvanism →Taiwan independence movement was RfDed by Shhhnotsoloud (t · c); see discussion
- 19 Aug 2019 – Tertius gaudens →Georg Simmel was RfDed by Hildeoc (t · c); see discussion
Files for discussion
- 10 Sep 2018 – File:Nuclear power is not healthy poster.jpg (on Anti-nuclear movement in the United States) was FfDed by LaundryPizza03 (t · c); see discussion
Requests for comments
- 10 Oct 2019 – The Bible and homosexuality has an RfC by Wekeepwhatwekill (t · c); see discussion
- 06 Oct 2019 – Gold digger has an RfC by Flyer22 Reborn (t · c); see discussion
- 04 Oct 2019 – Catholic Church and homosexuality has an RfC by PluniaZ (t · c); see discussion
- 14 Sep 2019 – Nationalism has an RfC by Danielx (t · c); see discussion
- 13 Oct 2019 – Great Replacement is requested to be moved to Great replacement conspiracy theory by Nblund (t · c); see discussion
- 09 Oct 2019 – Black Panther (comics) is requested to be moved to Black Panther (T'Challa) by Darkknight2149 (t · c); see discussion
Articles to be merged
- 05 Oct 2019 – Allegations of Hong Kong Police Force misconduct surrounding the 2019 Hong Kong protests is proposed for merging to Controversies of the Hong Kong Police Force by MarkH21 (t · c); see discussion
- 08 Sep 2019 – Modern Pagan views on LGBT people is proposed for merging to Wiccan views on LGBT people by Dodger67 (t · c); see discussion
- 21 Aug 2019 – Homosexuality and hip hop culture is proposed for merging to LGBTQ representations in hip hop music by Genericusername57 (t · c); see discussion
- 12 Aug 2019 – Virtual community is proposed for merging to Online community by HaeB (t · c); see discussion
- 13 Jul 2019 – Human flesh search engine is proposed for merging to Doxing by H2NCH2COOH (t · c); see discussion
- 07 Jun 2019 – Social dilemma is proposed for merging to Collective action problem by Notyetlost (t · c); see discussion
- 07 Jun 2019 – Collective action problem is proposed for merging to Social dilemma by Notyetlost (t · c); see discussion
- 30 May 2019 – Science studies is proposed for merging to Science and technology studies by Wikiman2718 (t · c); see discussion
- 17 Mar 2019 – Republican Generation is proposed for merging to Strauss–Howe generational theory by Kolya Butternut (t · c); see discussion
- 17 Mar 2019 – Missionary Generation is proposed for merging to Strauss–Howe generational theory by Kolya Butternut (t · c); see discussion
- (8 more...)
Articles to be split
- 08 Oct 2019 – 2018–19 Iraqi protests is proposed for splitting by Waddie96 (t · c); see discussion
- 22 Sep 2019 – Frankfurt School is proposed for splitting by Alexander Zubatov (t · c); see discussion
- 19 Sep 2019 – Asian fetish is proposed for splitting by Jargo Nautilus (t · c); see discussion
- 27 Aug 2019 – Demiurge (disambiguation) is proposed for splitting by Ost316 (t · c); see discussion
- 09 Aug 2019 – Generation Z is proposed for splitting by Nerd271 (t · c); see discussion
- 29 Jul 2019 – Hobo is proposed for splitting by Aboideau (t · c); see discussion
- 14 May 2019 – Non-resident Indian and person of Indian origin is proposed for splitting by Rosguill (t · c); see discussion
- 28 Dec 2018 – Ecclesiastical titles and styles is proposed for splitting by PPEMES (t · c); see discussion
- 27 Jul 2018 – Community is proposed for splitting by SMcCandlish (t · c); see discussion
- 29 Apr 2018 – Rape statistics is proposed for splitting by Drmies (t · c); see discussion
- (3 more...)
Articles for creation
- 11 Aug 2019 – Draft:Compassion Gap has been submitted for AfC by DaniellaSandoval (t · c)
- 19 Jul 2019 – Draft:Roderick D. McKenzie has been submitted for AfC by QueerEcofeminist (t · c)
- 17 Jun 2019 – Draft:Generation T has been submitted for AfC by Heber89471 (t · c)
- 09 Jun 2019 – Draft:Scientific Motherhood in South Korea has been submitted for AfC by Jessica.saldana (t · c)
- 31 May 2019 – Draft:Scientific Sexism submitted for AfC by Diannaa (t · c) was declined by Thegooduser (t · c) on 14 Oct 2019
- 01 May 2019 – Draft:Convergence Culture submitted for AfC by Maryfubs (t · c) was accepted to Convergence Culture (March 2019 version) by SmokeyJoe (t · c) on 09 Oct 2019
Please feel free to improve new sociology-related articles, including possibly some of those listed here from AlexNewArtBot/SociologySearchResult. New articles should be reviewed to see if they fit within the scope of this project. If they do, our WikiProject assessment template should be added to them and they need to be assessed on their talk page for quality and importance. Various copyediting may be required, such as adding a stub template or categories, and the article creators may need to be welcomed to Wikipedia and/or invited to our project.
This list was generated from these rules. Questions and feedback are always welcome! The search is being run daily with the most recent ~14 days of results. Note: Some articles may not be relevant to this project.
Note: The list display can now be customized by each user. See List display personalization for details.
If you are interested in learning more on how to use Wikipedia in teaching, expand the box below to learn more.
How to use Wikipedia in teaching - click on "show" to the right to expand
Consider a student assignment to create or improve articles related to sociology.
Related WikiProjects and pagesEdit
- WikiProject Anthropology
- WikiProject Autism
- WikiProject Community
- WikiProject Disability
- WikiProject Discrimination
- WikiProject Ethnic groups
- WikiProject Family and relationships
- WikiProject Feminism
- WikiProject Gender Studies
- WikiProject Globalization
- WikiProject Human rights
- WikiProject LGBT studies
- WikiProject Organizations
- WikiProject Politics
- WikiProject Psychology
- WikiProject Social Work
- List of all subpages of this page
Our members are likely to meet at various sociological conferences around the world. If you are going to a conference and would like to meet with other members of this project, please start a new topic for the conference on our discussion page.