Please post new comments at the bottom of this page, not at the top.
Dear friend, Hope you are doing well. You declined the submission of this source, since there is already one existing. Could you, please, help me to delete this draft? I hope it is possible. Do not want to have a mess of sources. Thank you beforehand. ZahraGasim (talk) 06:00, 30 March 2018 (UTC)
CFPP AfD QuestionEdit
Golden Lotus (musical)Edit
HI Bearcat FYI I have been working on the article for Golden Lotus (musical) and found many sources that were not previously used in that article. The article is now up for review for reposting as it was suggested by a reviewer that its original deletion was not warrantedJohn99Wick (talk) 13:22, 19 March 2018 (UTC)
Golden Lotus (musical) I added 7 new sources to this article and I would like to explain the sources to you. The Facebook posts for which links were provided on the article are posts that contain the original articles from credible sources. The Standard HK is likely the foremost English language newspaper in HongKong. They only archive their articles for up to one year,, then they are gone. If it is better to remove the Facebook links and just cite the source please let me know. As for the credibility of the sources on this article, I believe that the StandardHK, Sing Pao (likely the foremost Chinese language daily in Hong Kong) , Wenweipao and MaddbuzzHK are very credible sources. StarsHK is a popular for entertainment news and a1c1 and stheadline are also up and coming sources for news which I believe are also credible. HKELD may be considered a blog by some but it really is an English theatre news website. It is where people get their news and information about English theatre in Hong Kong. I hope this clarifies the sources on this article. Here is a list of the new sources I recently added to this article: 1.白健恩及鍾浩賢分別飾演西門慶、潘金蓮 Ronan Pak Kin Yan and Harriet Chung played Ximen Qing and Pan Jinlian respectively, wenweipo.com, September 09, 2014 2.身演出振雄風 白健恩生擒潘金蓮 He Was Born to Capture Golden Lotus, hd.stheadline.com, September 5, 2014 3.白健恩激情戲成重點 Ronan Pak Kin Yan's Passion Play, SING PAO, September 25, 2014 4.Review- Golden Lotus, the Musical", HKELD, September 13,2014 5.Woman Pursues Her Passion in Life and Dance, The Standard HK, September 10, 2014 6.白健恩主演音樂劇《金瓶梅》 獲《最佳原創作品獎》Ronan Pak Kin Yan starred in Golden Lotus which won the "Best Original Work" Award, Stars HK, September 8, 2015 7.白健恩主演音樂劇《金瓶梅》獲《最佳原創作品獎》Ronan Pak Kin Yan starred in Golden Lotus Which Won the "Best Original Work" Award". a1c1.com.hk. Retrieved 2015-09-08.John99Wick (talk) 06:17, 21 March 2018 (UTC)John99Wick (talk) 06:32, 21 March 2018 (UTC)
I also found these new sources on George Chiang and his book The Railroad Adventures of Chen Sing New Articles found about George Chiang's acting http://nowtoronto.pressreader.com/now-magazine/19930114, Railroad Direct, NOW Magazine, January 14, 199 http://nowtoronto.pressreader.com/now-magazine/19931007, Urban Donnellys looks at feuds from the view of street-level people, NOW Magazine, October 7, 1993 http://nowtoronto.pressreader.com/now-magazine/19931021, Donnelleys Dynamite, NOW Magazine, October 21, 1993 A theatrical bat out of hell". Toronto Star, October 14, 1993. (found on the Wikipedia article for Kimberly Huie which mentions George Chiang) about the same play in the Now magazine articles listed above.
I know there are more articles but it will take me time to find them and list them properly as sources.
New article, review and additional book award for The Railroad Adventures of Chen Sing: https://www.keremeosreview.com/news/award-winning-book-inspired-by-cawton-mans-stories/ new Review https://readersfavorite.com/book-review/the-railroad-adventures-of-chen-sing New Award - The Readerview Kids 2018 Reviewers Choice Award (Canada West) - the award was only recently awarded and no articles have mentioned it as of yet. http://readerviews.com/2017-2018-literary-award-winnersJohn99Wick (talk) 15:31, 21 March 2018 (UTC)
There is no need to mention the new award. However, The Railroad Adventures of Chen Sing's first two awards were mentioned in two newspaper articles which have been forwarded to you.. One newspaper article was on the original Wiki article and one was sent to you yesterday. Regardless, of the book. There are 3 articles in question. As for the Golden Lotus (musical) sources. I can certainly cite the original newspaper article itself and take down the link to the Facebook posts. that is an easy fix. And the sources thus far listed for George Chiang's acting are all very credible sources. I am still working on the sourcing for that page as there are moreJohn99Wick (talk) 16:21, 21 March 2018 (UTC)
- I listed one source from The Toronto Star is Canada's top national newspaper. I will be including more from the Toronto Star, The Globe And Mail and Toronto Sun when I get the time to find them. The George Chiang page is not ready yet. But I do believe that the Golden Lotus (musical) and The Railroad Adventures of Chen Sing articles warrant DRV at this point.John99Wick (talk) 16:33, 21 March 2018 (UTC)
- small world re: Kimberly Huie. Well then George Chiang's acting credits will not be listed. If he has an article it should just state that he wrote Golden Lotus and The Railroad Adventures of Chen Sing at this point in time. Mention of his acting could be included because there are a substantial amount of credible sources that mention him but it would not be stated as notable.John99Wick (talk) 16:52, 21 March 2018 (UTC)
- I understand. I hope the work I have done on the sourcing including the removal of the Facebook links helps justify notability for the writer George Chiang based on his works Golden Lotus (musical) and The Railroad Adventures of Chen Sing based on the new sources I have provided.John99Wick (talk) 17:02, 21 March 2018 (UTC)
- Hi, I did some revisions on the Golden Lotus (musical) and The Railroad Adventures of Chen Sing articles. I was wondering if you could take a look and let me know if the sourcing works for you and if you think they could work as valid Wikipedia articles in their current form and please mention anything else you might notice that could further improve them. I saw on the Golden Lotus (musical) Facebook page that there will be a new production of the musical coming up so there should be more potential sources coming in the future. Also, in regards to The Railroad Adventures of Chen Sing, the book has won four awards thus far. Two of the awards are mentioned in articles written about the book but the two other ones have not been mentioned in any article. I understand those two awards do not add to the book's notability, but I included them as awards on the articles because it's a fact that the book received those awards.John99Wick (talk) 19:17, 6 April 2018 (UTC)John99Wick (talk) 18:52, 6 April 2018 (UTC)John99Wick (talk) 18:49, 6 April 2018 (UTC)
JUNO Editing eventEdit
Hi Bearcat. Just letting you know we're having an event tonight at Toronto Reference. Info here: Wikipedia:Meetup/Indigenous_Musicians. Thanks for all your work on Canadian music! And, can you let me know how to undo a redirect to a group article for individual musicians? I want to add individual pages for some folks (DJ Shub for example). Help appreciated. Smallison (talk) 16:55, 22 March 2018 (UTC)
- Thanks for your help and responses! We were a small group so only got through a few pages. I'm working up a DJ Shub article and I'll try the "redirect" instructions when it's ready. We're going to be starting a GTA Indigenous Wiki group (IndigiWiki) and we'll be hosting more events. I'll let you know when/where. The TPL meeting was on fairly short notice. Smallison (talk) 18:54, 23 March 2018 (UTC)
A kitten for you!Edit
Hi Bearcat! Thanks for supporting the article getting moved to the userspace/draftspace. I'm working with the student on the issues in the article, specifically notability, tone, and sourcing. I've found some coverage for her poetry - there's a university press book that has covered her fairly well, along with a few reviews of her work. I think that and her work founding CWILA should help resolve the notability issue for the most part, although I've asked the student to keep searching for non-primary sources. Part of the issue here is that the good stuff is a little buried and harder to find, so I can see where the student could've missed it. As such I'm focusing slightly more on the promotional tones and working with the student to tone down the article. That's going to be a little harder since this will need to be edited down quite a bit. (Also my fingers are itching to edit it myself, but my job is more to assist the student than to do any direct editing, otherwise they lose out on the learning potential.)
- Hi! I was wondering if you could take a look at the article again. I think that notability has been established via the reviews for her work and the student and I have done some work with reducing the promotional prose. We're still working on that last part, but I wanted to get your opinion on this to see if we've saved it or are very close to doing this. Shalor (Wiki Ed) (talk) 15:28, 4 April 2018 (UTC)
- I just wanted to say thanks for being so understanding with the page - I know that it was definitely problematic when it was first posted live, so I'm glad that you took it to AfD as opposed to speedying it, as this gave the student time to work on it. Shalor (Wiki Ed) (talk) 13:50, 5 April 2018 (UTC)
Nomination of Martina Sorbara for deletionEdit
The article will be discussed at Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Martina Sorbara until a consensus is reached, and anyone is welcome to contribute to the discussion. The nomination will explain the policies and guidelines which are of concern. The discussion focuses on high-quality evidence and our policies and guidelines.
Users may edit the article during the discussion, including to improve the article to address concerns raised in the discussion. However, do not remove the article-for-deletion notice from the top of the article. Isingness (talk) 05:08, 31 March 2018 (UTC)
An automated process has detected that you recently added links to disambiguation pages.
- Juno Award for Pop Album of the Year (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver)
- added a link pointing to Hedley
- Juno Award for Rock Album of the Year (check to confirm | fix with Dab solver)
- added a link pointing to Thornley
A barnstar for you!Edit
Canadian Screen AwardsEdit
I noticed that you moved a couple of award articles to Canadian Screen Awards. I haven't seen anything saying these categories are a continuation of the Gemini Awards. If you can show where they these categories are a continuation, that would be appreciated. If they are, it should be referenced. Mr. C.C.Hey yo!I didn't do it! 17:32, 6 April 2018 (UTC)
1st Canadian Comedy AwardsEdit
I created an article on the 1st Canadian Comedy Awards. If you have anything to add, change, or whatnot; feel free. I think the multiple nominations and multiple wins sections might need tweaking. Mr. C.C.Hey yo!I didn't do it! 05:09, 7 April 2018 (UTC)
Archives Roswell MillsEdit
Thank you for adding a reference to the premise of Corner Gas Animated, but take the extra time to properly format it. It doesn't take long. Thanks. Mr. C.C.Hey yo!I didn't do it! 02:59, 16 April 2018 (UTC)
Colin Murdock (actor)Edit
About Steve NegronEdit
Bearcat, I wanted to respond to your comments about the Steve Negron article. You stated you thought you understood my motives, and that all I was doing was trying to generate a "brochure" for a political candidate, that I was being "disruptive" by repeatedly submitting the article for review, and was stubbornly refusing to do the work myself of demonstrating that Negron qualifies as notable per WP:NPOL. I completely see how you could see me that way, but that is actually pretty far from what was happening, and I wanted to express this to you.
I submitted and resubmitted the article, changing its content almost every time at least a little and trying each time to accommodate the requests of the reviewers, because I thought that was what I was supposed to do in order to get it published. In my own research on Negron, I had NOT come across anything that showed he had been elected to any state-level office-- if I had, you are right, I should have just put it in the article and been done with it! But I DIDN'T FIND THAT! (and towards the end, I stopped looking-- please read on). What I thought I had done at the outset was present the subject, whom I have never met, do not work for, and have no conflict-of-interest about, using the resources I could find, because he looked to me like he was notable... Not notable per the subject-specific stuff, because I didn't think he met that from the get go, but under the GNG.
I admit that when I couldn't get anyone, including you (!), to respond to my questions about how the guidelines for politicians (and other SNGs) looked like it was being used to DIS-qualify someone who wasn't trying to meet them, that I became insistent on that aspect alone. A few days ago I gave up on ever seeing any version of the article actually published, as well as on ever having my question answered. I was shocked today when I went looking for the draft to muse on its certain doom and instead found an article in the mainspace. I thought there had been a mistake because I was sure it had effectively been "killed", and I was done asking for it to be published.
I can see how that made me look like I was being disruptive-- because I was not focusing on getting Negron through on a technicality and being done with it. I am learning here, and learners sometimes dwell more on the suitability of the answers they hear rather than just turning in the homework. I know you have already shot a lot of time talking about this piece, and I don't want you to feel obliged to shoot even more. But I did want to tell you, to point OUT to you, how my own interests in the piece evolved between the time I first submitted it and today. Those interests are not the ones you ascribed to me, and I have come to respect you enough to want you to understand that. Also, just in case, if you do have any thoughts on the subject-specific guidelines and their use as criteria of exclusion, I would love to hear it! Cheers! 18.104.22.168 (talk) 18:41, 16 April 2018 (UTC)
Hi, seems to be a page you are familiar with. I had a note at OTRS
The cities in slot number: 65: Charlottetown, PEI (Population: 44,379) AND 66: Victoriaville, Quebec (Population: 44,735) Should be switched as clearly Victoriaville is slightly higher in population than Charlottetown is and the list is in descending order.
A barnstar for you!Edit
|The Original Barnstar|
|For WP:HEYMANNing the crap out of Krazy Krazy. You always do great work and that was no exception. ♠PMC♠ (talk) 21:25, 22 April 2018 (UTC)|
You have marked a page for deletion that I created. I tried to add to the deletion discussion, but am unsure if it got added as I have never had to do anything like that. Can you please let me know how I add to it. I have added more references, including from the Washington Post, LA Times, NBC News, and Rolling Stone. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Heatherwhea (talk • contribs) 19:16, 23 April 2018 (UTC)
|ta Bearcat for comments on Tim Cooke page - i will try and dig out more info/references and hopefully others will add to this stub. he is mentioned as a composer of tv music i think on other wiki pages - i need to remember the tv series he composed music for. BiBouy (talk) 22:48, 23 April 2018 (UTC)|
Leamington, Ontario violations of WP:CANPOPEdit
Hi Bearcat, due to my intermittent activity on here these days, would you mind keeping an eye on the above article? As you can see within recent contributions, we have an IP/new editor not knowing the ropes. Hopefully the customized warning I provided on his talk page will help the editor understand. Cheers, Hwy43 (talk) 04:36, 24 April 2018 (UTC)