This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (January 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Nach Baliye ('Nach' means Dance and 'Baliye' means partner or mate) is a dance, reality-television series on the Indian channel Star Plus. The show is a popular couples dancing contest. The first and second season aired on Star One and then shifted to Star Plus.
The sixth season logo
|Created by||Anil Jha|
|Directed by||Deepak Ghatani(Season 1 & 2), Ashim Sen (Season 5&6), Arun Sheshkumar (Season 4, 7 & 8)|
Himmanshoo A. Malhotra
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||8|
|No. of episodes||168|
BBC Worldwide Productions Shobha Kapoor (Season 7)
Hemant Ruprell (Season 4-6)
Anil Jha (Season 1-2)
BBC Worldwide Productions (Season 8)
|Production company(s)||Balaji Telefilms (Season 7)|
Wizcraft International (Season 4-6)
SOL Productions (Season 1-2)
BBC Worldwide (Season 8)
|Original network||Star One (seasons 1–2)|
Star Plus (seasons 3–8)
|Original release||17 October 2005– 25 June 2017|
The show is a competition wherein 10 television celebrity couples compete against each other. Contestants dance to a different tune, different theme and different styles every week and scores are given by the judges. Each week one couple is eliminated based on public voting and their scores.But Season 8 is bit different because the contestants all are not television celebrities.
The Contestants for Season 1 were:
- Supriya Pilgaonkar and Sachin Pilgaonkar, Winner
- Poonam Narula and Manish Goel, Runner-up
- Rajeshwari Sachdev and Varun Badola, 3rd Position
- Delnaaz Irani and Rajeev Paul, 4th Position
- Archana Puran Singh and Parmeet Sethi, 5th Position
- Shilpa Saklani and Apurva Agnihotri, 6th Position
- Neeru Bajwa and Amit Sadh, 7th Position
- Sai Deodhar and Shakti Anand, 8th Position
- Manini Mishra and Mihir Mishra, 9th Position
- Manasi Joshi Roy and Rohit Roy, 10th position
Nach Bailye 2 started on 25 September 2006, and ended on 18 December 2006, with Tina and Hussain Kuwajerwala as winners. Saroj Khan, Malaika Arora Khan and Kunal Kohli were the judges. Sangeeta Ghosh and Shabbir Ahluwalia hosted the season. SOL Productions is producing the second season and airs on STAR One.
The following were the Contestants of Season 2:
- Tina Kuwajerwala and Hussain Kuwajerwala, Winner
- Gauri Tonk and Yash Tonk, Runner-up
- Tanaaz Currim and Bakhtiyaar Irani, 3rd Position
- Gauri Pradhan Tejwani and Hiten Tejwani, 4th Position
- Shweta Kawatra and Manav Gohil, 5th Position
- Shweta Tiwari and Raja Choudhary, 6th Position
- Gurdeep Kohli and Arjun Punj, 7th Position
- Keerti Gaekwad Kelkar and Sharad Kelkar, 8th Position
- Narayani Shastri and Gaurav Chopra, 9th Position
- Ketki Dave and Rasik Dave, 10th Position
The judges were Vaibhavi Merchant, Isha Koppikar, David Dhawan. The winners for the second season, Hussain Kuwajerwala and Tina Kuwajerwala hosted the show. The show is produced by Diamond Pictures and will move from STAR One to STAR Plus.
The following were the Contestants of Season 3:
- Sanjeeda Sheikh and Aamir Ali - Winners
- Rakhi Sawant and Abhishek Avasthi - 1st runners-up
- Kashmira Shah and Krushna Abhishek - 2nd runners-up
- Karan Patel and Amita Chandekar - 4th position
- Indraneil Sengupta and Barkha Sengupta - 5th position
- Sweta Keswani and Alexx O'Nell - 6th position
- Pooja Bedi and Hanif Hilal - 7th position
- Karan Grover and Kavita Kaushik - 8th position
- Amita Sethi and Vikas Sethi - 9th position
- Shakti Kapoor and Shivangi Kapoor - 10th position (Quit)
- Kiran Janjani and Ritu Janjani - 11th position.
Nach Bailye 4 started on 17 October 2008 in India and the United States. The broadcast of the series began on 3 January 2009 in the United Kingdom. It finished on 1 February 2009 in India, with Shaleen and Daljit as winners.
The hosts were initially Sanjeeda Sheikh and Aamir Ali, for Season 3 winners. Celebrity hosts Sara Khan and Ali Merchant hosted on week 5. Hiten Tejwani and Gauri Pradhan Tejwani became the hosts on Week 8.
The Contestants for Season 4 were,
- Shaleen Bhanot and Daljeet Kaur Bhanot Winners
- Vineet and Tanushree Eliminated
- Reshmi Ghosh and Amit Gupta Eliminated
- Karanvir Bohra and Teejay Sidhu Bohra Quit
- Naman Shaw and Megha Gupta Runners up
- Kapil Nirmal and Anjali Abrol Made it to the semi-finals
- Mohit Malik and Aditi Shirwaker Eliminated
- Sudeep Sahir and Anantika Sahir Eliminated
- Mazher Sayed and Mouli Ganguly Eliminated
- Jaspal Bhatti and Savita Bhatti Eliminated
- Jatin Shah and Priya Bathija First Jodi to be eliminated
- Abhijeet Sawant and Shilpa Sawant Eliminated
- Chetan Hansraj and Lavinia Pereira *wildcard entry Eliminated
- Yash Tonk and Gauri Tonk *wildcard entry Made it to the semi-finals
Created by Anil Jha Star Plus
Nach Baliye 5 started in 2012 and ended in March 2013 on StarPlus, and Nach Baliye 5 will air on Glow TV (DStv 167 and OVHD 108).
The following were the Contestants for Season 5:
- Mahii Vij and Jay Bhanushali Winners on March 23, 2013
- Sargun Mehta and Ravi Dubey First runner up March 23, 2013
- Neelu Vaghela and Arvind Kumar second runner up March 23, 2013
- Suhasi Goradia Dhami and Jaisheel Dhami third Runner-up March 23, 2013
- Nisha Rawal and Karan Mehra eliminated on March 16, 2013
- Charlie Chauhan and Kunwar Amarjeet Singh Eliminated on March 9, 2013
- Shefali Zariwala and Parag Tyagi eliminated on March 2, 2013 
- Dimpy Mahajan and Rahul Mahajan Eliminated on February 23, 2013
- Elena Boeva and Kushal Tandon eliminated on February 3, 2013
- Smita Bansal and Ankush Mohla eliminated on January 27, 2013
- Deepshikha Nagpal and Keshav Arora eliminated on January 13, 2013 
Shilpa cancelled her shoot as her nine-month-old son was hospitalized.
Nach Baliye Shriman verses ShrimatiEdit
Nach Baliye Shriman v/s Shrimati is an extension of the Nach Baliye series, and ran in April 2013. In Shriman vs Shrimati, the celebrity couples did not dance together but instead competed against each other. The series ended in a tie.
The sixth season of Nach Baliye premiered on 9 November 2013 on Star Plus channel, airing on Saturday and Sunday evenings. Eleven celebrity couples competed in the series. Shilpa Shetty, Sajid Khan and Terrence Lewis are the Judges and Gautam Rode and Karan Wahi hosts the season, once again.
TV Actors Rithvik Dhanjani and Asha Negi were declared the Winning Couple of Nach Baliye Season 6 on 1 February 2014. Gurmeet Choudhary and Debina Bonnerjee were declared the runners up.
Sara Khan done Cameo Dance Performance in wild card special episode along with Paras Chhabra.
Writing for Rediff.com, Paloma Sharma gave the show 2.5 stars out of 5 in its first week, stating "perhaps the hosts and the judges could keep their clothes on and refrain from excessive flirting since Nach Baliye does happen to be a 'family show'."
Celebrity Jodi contestants were:
- Rithvik Dhanjani & Asha Negi winners
- Gurmeet Chaudhary & Debina Bonnerjee Runners-up
- Ripudaman Handa & Shivangi
- Vinod and Raksha Thakur (India's got talent)
- Raqesh Vashisth & Riddhi Dogra
- Bruna Abdullah & Omar Herror
- Kiku Sharda & Priyanka Sharda
- Kanika Maheshwari & Ankur Ghai
- Raju Srivastav & Shikha
- Amrapali Gupta & Yash Sinha
- Sanjeev Seth & Lata Sabharwal
The seventh season premiered on 26 April 2015 on Star Plus. the series is produced by Ekta Kapoor and Shobha Kapoor under their banner Balaji Telefilms. The series airs from Monday to Saturday nights and on Sunday evenings. The show ended on 19 July 2015.
The list of Contestants for Season 7 is as follows:
- Amruta Khanvilkar and Himmanshoo A. Malhotra - The winners
- Nandish Sandhu and Rashami Desai - Runners-up
- Upen Patel and Karishma Tanna - (3rd position)
- Mayuresh Wadkar and Ajisha Shah - (4th position) (Wildcard entry)
- Sana Saeed and Deepesh Sharma - (5th position) (Wildcard entry)
- Rohit Nag and Aishwarya Sakhuja - (6th position)
- Shefali Zariwala and Parag Tyagi - (7th position) (Wildcard entry)
- Sharad Chandra Tripathi and Mrunal Thakur - (8th position)
- Sangram Singh and Payal Rohatgi - (9th position)
- Arpit Ranka and Nidhi Ranka - (10th position)
- Jay Soni and Pooja Soni - (11th position)
- Shakti Arora and Neha Saxena - (12th position) (QUIT)
- Vineet Bhangera and Smiley Suri - (13th position)
Nach Baliye 8 premiered on 2 April 2017 on STAR Plus. The show was produced by BBC Worldwide. Sonakshi Sinha, Terence Lewis and Mohit Suri were the judges. Karan Tacker and Upasana Singh were the hosts for the show. Ten Jodis were finalized to take part in Nach Baliye. Divyanka Tripathi and Vivek Dahiya were declared the Winning Couple. 8.
- Divyanka Tripathi and Vivek Dahiya, The Winners
- Abigail Pande and Sanam Johar, First Runner up
- Sanaya Irani and Mohit Sehgal, Second Runner up
- Dipika Kakkar and Shoaib Ibrahim (4th position) ( Eliminated on 17 June 2017)
- Trupti Akkalwar and Siddhartha Jadhav (Eliminated on 23 April 2017 ; Re-entered as WildCard on 21 May 2017) (5th position) (Re-eliminated on 11 June 2017)
- Aashka Goradia and Brent Goble (Eliminated on 14 May 2017 ; Re-entered as WildCard on 21 May 2017) (6th position) (Re-eliminated on 4 June 2017)
- Bharti Singh and Harsh Limbachiyya (7th position) (Eliminated on 20 May 2017)
- Monalisa and Vikrant Singh Rajpoot (8th position) (Eliminated on 7 May 2017)
- Amanjot Kaur and RJ Pritam Singh (9th position) (Eliminated on 30 April 2017)
- Utkarsha Naik and Manoj Verma (10th position) (Eliminated on 16 April 2017)
Guests: Salman Khan and Sohail Khan Ranbir Kapoor Arjun Kapoor and Shraddha Kapoor Arjun Kapoor and Anil Kapoor
- "Star One launches star-studded dance show Nach Baliye".
- "'Nach Baliye' opens well for Star One".
- "Meet the jodies of Nach Baliye 4". Retrieved 7 January 2010.
- "Deepshikha-Keshav are the first casualty of Nach Baliye 5".
- "Shefali and Parag voted out again". 27 February 2013. Retrieved March 4, 2013.
- "Smita and Ankush eliminated from Nach Baliye 5".
- "Deepshikha-Keshav are the first casualty of Nach Baliye 5".
- "Shilpa Shetty cancels shoot to nurse son". Shilpa Shetty cancels shoot to nurse son. HindustanTimes.com. 14 February 2013. Retrieved February 16, 2013.
- "Nach Baliye Shriman vs Shrimati ends in a tie". hindustantimes.com/. Retrieved 9 June 2015.
- "Nach Baliye Shriman v/s Shrimati in a tie". intoday.in. Retrieved 9 June 2015.
- "Rithvik Dhanjani and Asha Negi are Winners of Nach Baliye 6". Retrieved 1 February 2014.
- "Nach Baliye 6 results: Rithvik Dhanjani-Asha Negi beat Gurmeet Choudhary-Debina Bonnerjee!". bollywoodlife.com. Retrieved 9 June 2015.
- Sharma, Paloma (11 November 2013). "Review: Nach Baliye 6 needs more sizzle!". Rediff.com. Retrieved 12 November 2013.
- "Kareena Kapoor Turns Down Nach Baliye 7!". 30 March 2015.
- "Beauty, Fashion, Health, Weight Loss, Sex and Relationships, Life, and Women in the News".
- Mulla, Zainab (22 April 2015). "Nach Baliye 7: TRP hungry Ekta Kapoor copies Bigg Boss format".
- "Chetan Bhagat excited to judge 'Nach Baliye 7'". 24 March 2015.
- "Yes, It's True. Chetan Bhagat Will Judge Nach Baliye 7 - NDTV Movies". 24 March 2015.
- "New twist in Nach Baliye 7: Get set for 'three much' fun".
- "Nach Baliye 7: Kunwar Amar, Karanvir Bohra, Salman Yusuff Khan to join the couples as tadka - Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis". 11 June 2015.
- "PICS: Have Upen Patel, Karishma Tanna rekindled their romance? We have proof - The Times of India". The Times of India.
- "'Nach Baliye 8 : Divyanka Triptahi and Vivek Dahiya won the celebrity dance show".