Kanika Maheshwari (born 24 April 1981) is an Indian television actress. She is best known for her roles in serials like Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii, Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat, Kabhi Aaye Na Judaai, Viraasat, Geet - Hui Sabse Parayi and Diya Aur Baati Hum. Kanika won Zee Gold Awards (2012-2013). She reprised her role of Meenakshi Vikram Rathi in the sequel of Diya Aur Baati Hum, Tu Sooraj, Main Saanjh Piyaji.
|Alma mater||Asian Academy of Film & Television|
|Spouse(s)||Ankur Ghai (2012-present)|
Maheshwari was born in a Marwari Maheshwari Family. She is an Indian Television actor and has made memorable appearances as varied characters of the years. She was born in Aligarh from where her family moved to New Delhi, she is the only child of her parents. After her graduation, she learned the fine art of Vaastu Shastra and Color Therapy before dabbling into acting. At the academy she learned performing arts and experimented her talents, she was encouraged by her teachers and mentors to find her place in Mumbai and create a niche for herself in the industry. Kanica did just that with her streak of award winning roles and shows over the years. Known for her hard work, punctuality and persistence – her cheerful spirit brings new shades to evlays.
Kanika married businessman Ankur Ghai in January 2012. She gave birth to a boy in April 2015.
|Year||Title||Role||Notes, awards and nominations|
|2001–02||Kabhi Aaye Na Judaai||Debut role|
|2004-2005||Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii||Neelima Garg|||
|Hey...Yehii To Haii Woh!||Shahana|||
|Piya Ka Ghar||Mantara|||
|2006||Ek Ladki Anjaani Si|
|2007||Sinndoor Tere Naam Ka||Sneha|
|Dill Mill Gayye||Maya|
|2007-2008||Doli Saja Ke||Sukanya Singhania|
|2008–10||Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat||Princess Bhoomi|||
|2009||Shaurya Aur Suhani||Princess Mallika|||
|2011–16||Diya Aur Baati Hum||Meenakshi Rathi||won best actress in negative role(Zee Gold Awards - 2012,13 & Indian Telly Awards 2012)|
|2013||Nach Baliye 6||Contestant with Ankur Ghai|
|2017||Dil Se Dil Tak||Madamji||Cameo|
|Tu Sooraj, Main Saanjh Piyaji||Meenakshi Rathi|||
|2019||BOSS: Baap of Special Services||Safia||Filming|
|2021||Kyun Utthe Dil Chhod Aaye||Mogar (Rab-Rab Aunty)|
For the role of Meenakshi Rathi in Diya Aur Baati Hum, Maheshwari has won following awards.
|2012||Gold Awards||Best Actress in a negative Role||Won|
|2012||Indian Telly Awards||Best Actress in a negative role||Won|
|2013||Gold Awards||Best Actress in a negative Role||Won|
- "Who is kanika Maheshwari?".
- Sinha, Seema (3 June 2012). "Kanika Maheshwari to play a mom". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 10 November 2013. Retrieved 22 June 2012.
- Maheshwri, Neha (23 November 2011). "Wedding bells for Kanika Maheshwari". The Times of India. Archived from the original on 20 June 2013. Retrieved 22 June 2012.
- IANS (20 February 2017). "Diya Aur Baati Hum sequel now has a title: Tu Sooraj Main Saanjh Piyaji". Hindustan Times. Retrieved 12 November 2018.
- "Kanika Maheshwari gives Marwari lessons to new actors in 'Tu Sooraj Main Saanjh Piyaji'". Times Of India.
- "Kanika Maheshwari Pregnant: 'Diya Aur Baati Hum' to Feature Meenakshi's Real Baby Shower". IB Times.
- Venkatesh, Jyothi (5 April 2009). "Tele Buzz: Being fair". Deccan Herald. Archived from the original on 10 November 2013. Retrieved 9 July 2012.
- Padukone, Chaitanya (29 June 2006). "Smooch queen". DNA India. Retrieved 9 July 2012.
- "Raja Ki Aayegi Baraat". Times Of India.
- "Chatter box: New princess in town". Indian Express. 15 June 2009. Retrieved 9 July 2012.
- "Kanika Maheshwari last seen as Sasha in Star One's Geet Hui Sabse Parayi as Sasha in a relationship with a guy who is into construction". Times Of India.
- "Kanika Maheshwari adds personal touch to 'Diya Aur Baati Hum' sequel". Mid Day.
- "Kanica takes dancing lessons for 'Nach Baliye'". Times Of India.
- "Kanica-Ankur to quit 'Nach Baliye'". Times Of India.
- "Tu Sooraj Main Saanjh Piyaji: Oh No! Kanika Maheshwari Quits The Show! - Filmibeat". www.filmibeat.com. Retrieved 15 April 2018.