|Born||9 November 1984 (age 36)|
|Title||Supermodel Miss Tourism World 2001|
Miss India Tourism 2001
|Partner(s)||Sangram Singh (2011–present)|
Rohatgi started her career by being part of the Femina Miss India pageant in the year with Priyanka Chopra, Lara Dutta and Dia Mirza. She later went on to represent India as Miss India Tourism in Miss Tourism World pageant internationally.[better source needed] There Rohatgi won the title of Supermodel Miss Tourism World.[better source needed]
Rohatgi modeled for popular brands like Amul, Nirma, Nescafe, Dabur Hair Oil, Jaguar Bath Panel. She gained attention after appearing in a television ad for Cadbury's Temptations Chocolates. Around this time she also appeared in music videos by rock band, Silk Route and Indipop artist, KK.[better source needed]
In 2002, she did her debut with Yeh Kya Ho Raha Hai?, and in 2006, she appeared in 36 China Town. In the same year, she was offered an item song in the Madhur Bhandarkar film Corporate. She made a cameo appearance in Ugly Aur Pagli, which was released in August 2008. In mid-September, she appeared opposite Irrfan Khan in Dil Kabaddi. Rohatgi was considered a sex symbol by the Indian media during her early career in films.
In September 2013, Rohatgi was featured in Life OK's TV fiction show Hum Ne Li Hai Shapath where she played the supervillain Gong in a special episode of the comic series. In 2014, Rohatgi was part of the National Anthem shot by director Rajeev Walia. In September 2014, Rohatgi made her television debut on the Sony TV show Humsafars.
Rohatgi is in a relationship with Indian Sangram Singh since 2011, whom she met on the sets of reality show Survivor India. On 27 February 2014, she got engaged to wrestler Sangram Singh in Ahmedabad. In April 2015, Rohatgi with her fiancé wrestler Sangram Singh were seen in the dance reality show Nach Baliye 7, on Star Plus. They lasted in the show till the 7th final episode.
They were the brand ambassadors of International Human Rights Organisation (IHRO), an Indian NGO from New Delhi, and are a part of their new campaign Aware India for Health and Education.[better source needed]
Rohatgi shared fake news and fringe theories multiple times from Twitter account. She was locked from Twitter for a week for "communalising" 2019 Hyderabad gang rape. Twitter handle of Mumbai police blocked Rohatgi in 2019 but later unblocked her when Chief Minister's wife, Amruta Fadnavis, voiced support for her.
In July 2019, she also commented on inequality in Islam in Instagram over Zaira Wasim's decision to leave Bollywood. Police complaint against her was lodged at Oshiwara police station in August 2019 over her remarks.
Rohatgi also attacked the 19th century Indian social reformer Raja Ram Mohan Roy as a "traitor" & lackey of British, and accused him of defaming the tradition of Sati. She also glorified the tradition of Sati, saying that women burned themselves alive in order to evade rape by Islamic invaders. Hindol Sengupta and Sanjeev Sanyal presented balanced view of the events over her remarks. Museum Secretary of Raja Ram Mohan Roy Memorial Museum said that Rohatgi seems to know nothing about him.
In June 2019, Rohatgi claimed that maratha ruler Shivaji was born in shudra varna and later moved up in caste hierarchy. NCP leader Jitendra Awhad filed complaint against her in Mumbai and demanded arrest of her over her remarks. She issued a video apology over Twitter.
Rohatgi claimed that Jawaharlal Nehru, first prime minister of India, was not legitimate child of Motilal Nehru but born out of an illicit relationship of Kamala Nehru with another man in Facebook video in October 2019. She also alleged that Motilal Nehru had five wives. Youth Congress leader lodged police complaint against her for insulting the Nehru family. Later, she offered public apology to Priyanka Gandhi and Sonia Gandhi. On 15 December, she was detained by Bundi Police in Ahmedabad due to her remarks on Nehru-Gandhi family. She was later arrested. On 16 December 2019 Court sent her in Judicial custody for 9 days till 24 December 2019. On 17 December she was released on bail.
Rohatgi wrote a series of vulgar tweets about Muslim women participating in Citizenship (Amendment) Bill protests for which Twitter suspended her account for a week in June 2020. Her account was permanently suspended in July 2020. A Metropolitan Magistrate court in Mumbai noted that the tweets prima facie "show disregard against Muslim women and Community" and ordered a technical investigation.
|2002||Yeh Kya Ho Raha Hai?||Esha||Hindi||Remake of American Pie|
|2002||Refuge||Miss World Tourism 2001||English|
|2004||Police Force: An Inside Story||Item Song||Hindi|
|2005||Laila – A Mystery||Laila||Hindi|
|2004||Tauba Tauba||Payal||Hindi||Remake of Private Lessons|
|2005||Chetna: The Excitement||Chetna||Hindi|
|2005||Fun - Can Be Dangerous Sometimes||Natasha||Hindi||First Indian film based on wife swapping|
|2006||36 China Town||Gracy||HIndi||Remake of Once Upon a Crime|
|2007||Heyy Babyy||Special appearance||Hindi||Remake of Three Men and a Baby|
|2007||Thirupachi Aruva||Item Song||Telugu|
|2008||Ugly Aur Pagli||Guest Appearance||Hindi|
|2018||Halfa Macha Ke Gail||Item Song||Bhojpuri|
|2007||Fear Factor India 2||Contestant||4th Place|
|2008||Bigg Boss 2||Evicted on Day 69|||
|2009||Raaz Pichhle Janam Ka|
|2010||Meethi Choori No 1|
|2011||Zor Ka Jhatka: Total Wipeout 1||Contestant|
|2012||Survivor India 1||6th Place, Voted out Day 41|
|2013||Hum Ne Li Hai-Shapath||Payal|
|Welcome – Baazi Mehmaan Nawazi Ki 1||Contestant||Winner|
|Bigg Boss 7||Guest||To support Sangram Singh|
|2014||Box Cricket League 1||Contestant||Player in Rowdy Banglore|||
|2015||Nach Baliye 7||Contestant||Eliminated 7th|
|2025 Jaane Kya Hoga Aage||Forum||Special appearance|
|Agent Raghav - Crime Branch||Manjeera||Special appearance|
|2016||Suryaputra Karn||Amba / Shikhandini / Shikhandi||Supporting role|
- "Detractors are trying to distort my Wikipedia profile: Payal Rohatgi – Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 5 June 2019.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 22 August 2014.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "Bigg Boss Season2 – Payal Rohatgi". 22 August 2008. Archived from the original on 22 August 2008. Retrieved 5 June 2019.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 9 August 2014. Retrieved 22 August 2014.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "India Today Magazine Issue – Dated May 6, 2019". www.indiatoday.in.
- http://www.pageantopolis.com/international/tourism.html[dead link]
- "Payal Rohatgi – Biography". iTimes. Archived from the original on 17 July 2011.
- 36 China Town, retrieved 5 June 2019
- "Love Guru makes Bollywood debut with 'Dil Kabaddi'". Imdb News. Retrieved 6 December 2008.
- Kumar, Nikhil (22 February 2006). "Payal Rohatgi – More than a sex bomb!". India Forums.
Just a few weeks back, Payal had said in an interview that she wants to be known as an actress and not just a sex symbol. Well, about her sex appeal there is hardly any doubt. The sexy movies in Payal's filmography include Tauba Tauba, Fun: Can Be Dangerous Sometimes, Men Not Allowed and Mazaa Mazaa.
- Payal Rohatgi: From Bollywood sex siren to yoga hottie, retrieved 4 December 2019
- 15 Oct, Updated:; 2010; Ist, 03:01. "Payal Rohatgi to act in a play". Mumbai Mirror.
- "Payal Rohatgi's look in '..Shapath' inspired by Lady Gaga". India Today. 20 September 2013. Retrieved 5 June 2019.
- Indiablooms,. ""Indian National Anthem" launched in Kolkata | Indiablooms – First Portal on Digital News Management". Indiablooms.com.
- "Rajeev Walia's version of the National Anthem: 70 Indian celebs roped in – Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 5 June 2019.
- "Payal Rohatgi excited about her TV fiction show debut – Times of India ►". The Times of India.
- "Want to settle down with Sangram: Payal Rohatgi – Times of India ►". The Times of India.
- "Women Lifestyle News, Opinion, Reviews, Fashion, Health, Relationship and Money Tips in Hindi". www.oddnaari.in (in Hindi). Retrieved 12 August 2019.
- "Sangram Singh brought stability in my life, says Payal Rohatgi". IANS. news.biharprabha.com. Retrieved 2 March 2014.
- India Trends 🇮🇳 [@Trends247] (16 May 2015). "6. #StarWorldWeekendBinge 7. #WhyBapujiTargeted 8. Payal Sangram Slaying 9. MoUs 10. Gerrard 380217" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- Abraham, Letty Mariam (19 July 2015). "7 controversies on Nach Baliye 7!". DNA India.
- "Did Sangram leave Nach Baliye in protest?". Hindustan Times. 8 June 2015.
- "Internantional Human Rights Organitation". www.ihroworld.org. Retrieved 5 June 2019.
- "Payal-Sangram to spread education and health awareness". timesofindia.
- Live India News, (22 March 2011). "payal rohatgi casting couch dibakar benarjee.wmv" – via YouTube.
- "He asked me to lift my shirt: Payal Rohatgi rekindles sexual harassment allegation against Dibakar Banerjee | Bollywood News". www.timesnownews.com. Retrieved 5 June 2019.
- "After Dibakar, Payal points finger at Anurag Kashyap". www.hindustantimes.com. 18 March 2011.
- Chaudhuri, Pooja (5 June 2019). "Image from Bangladesh shared as roads blocked to offer Namaz in India". Alt News. Retrieved 14 December 2019.
- Chaudhuri, Pooja (30 November 2019). "How Hyderabad vet's rape-murder was communalised by right-wing handles and outlets on social media". Alt News. Retrieved 14 December 2019.
- Chaudhuri, Pooja (11 April 2019). "Viral: Fake quote ascribed to Raveena Tandon circulates on social media". Alt News. Retrieved 14 December 2019.
- Team, DNA Web (29 August 2018). "Payal Rohatgi enrages Twitter as she shares her views on Kerala floods, Sunny Leone, Swara Bhasker's masturbation scene". DNA India. Retrieved 14 December 2019.
- "How Hyderabad Ver's rape and murder was communalised on social media". News Minute. Retrieved 14 December 2019.
- "'As a Hindu, I am scared to live in Hindustan': Payal Rohatgi after Mumbai Police blocks her". 11 July 2019. Archived from the original on 11 July 2019. Retrieved 12 August 2019.
- https://www.timesofindia.com/tv/news/hindi/twitter-war-payal-rohatgi-calls-gauahar-khan-a-muslim-aunty-in-an-unsuccessful-relationship-with-a-hindu-guy/amp_articleshow/68670151.cms[dead link]
- "Payal Rohatgi trolled for her Kerala tweet; takes a jibe at Swara Bhasker". mid-day. 31 August 2018. Retrieved 14 December 2019.
- "Complaint filed against Payal Rohatgi on comment over Zaira Wasim's Bollywood exit". Latest Indian news, Top Breaking headlines, Today Headlines, Top Stories at Free Press Journal. Retrieved 14 December 2019.
- "Mumbai Crime: Complaint against Payal Rohatgi over Instagram post on Zaira Wasim's decision to quit Bollywood". mid-day. 10 October 2019. Retrieved 14 December 2019.
- "जायरा के बॉलीवुड छोड़ने के पोस्ट पर रिएक्ट करके बुरी फंसी पायल रोहतगी, मुंबई में शिकायत दर्ज". Amar Ujala. Retrieved 14 December 2019.
- Utsav Basu (4 June 2019). "Payal Rohatgi seems to know nothing: Raja Ram Mohan Roy museum secy | Kolkata News – Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 5 June 2019.
- "Payal Rohatgi glorifies Sati, attacks Raja Ram Mohan Roy. Twitter is divided". India Today. Ist. Retrieved 5 June 2019.
- "Payal Rohatgi sparks row over tweet on Ram Mohan Roy". Deccan Herald. 27 May 2019. Retrieved 14 December 2019.
- Maddela, Jagruthi (27 May 2019). "Actor Payal Rohatgi calls Raja Ram Mohan Roy a traitor, and Sati a woman's choice". www.thehansindia.com. Retrieved 14 December 2019.
- "Why is Payal Rohatgi talking about Sati & Raja Ram Ram Mohan Roy?". www.timesnownews.com. Retrieved 14 December 2019.
- 4 Jun, Utsav Basu | TNN | Updated; 2019; Ist, 22:40. "Payal Rohatgi seems to know nothing: Raja Ram Mohan Roy museum secy | Kolkata News – Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 14 December 2019.CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- "Actress Payal Rohatgi triggers row with tweet, then apologises". Deccan Chronicle. 4 June 2019. Retrieved 5 June 2019.
- "Payal Rohatgi stirs row over Shivaji tweet, then apologises – Times of India ►". The Times of India. Retrieved 5 June 2019.
- "Furious parties demand arrest of actress Payal Rohatgi for insulting Shivaji Maharaj". Republic World. Retrieved 14 December 2019.
- "Actress Payal Rohatgi Stirs Row With Shivaji Tweet, Then Apologises". NDTV.com. Retrieved 5 June 2019.
- "Payal Rohatgi terms Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj a shudra, apologises later". The Asian Age. 4 June 2019. Retrieved 5 June 2019.
- "Maha minister fumes over Payal Rohatgi's controversial tweet, says 'strict action' will be taken". Zee News. 4 June 2019. Retrieved 5 June 2019.
- 12 Oct, TNN |; 2019; Ist, 9:23. "Payal Rohatgi: Actress booked for offensive content on Gandhi-Nehru clan | Jaipur News – Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 14 December 2019.CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- "Payal Rohatgi Responds To Case Filed Against Her For Defaming Nehru Family, Says She Loves India – News Nation". News nation. Retrieved 14 December 2019.
- "Police Case Against Payal Rohatgi Over Objectionable Comments on Facebook Video". News18. Retrieved 14 December 2019.
- JaipurOctober 12, Indo-Asian News Service; October 12, 2019UPDATED; Ist, 2019 09:42. "Case against ex-Bigg Boss contestant Payal Rohatgi over Facebook video". India Today. Retrieved 14 December 2019.CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- "Police Case Against Actor Payal Rohatgi Over "Objectionable" Comments". NDTV.com. Retrieved 14 December 2019.
- "Lawyer seeks registration of case against Payal Rohatgi". Business Standard India. Press Trust of India. 10 October 2019. Retrieved 14 December 2019.
- Scroll Staff. "Watch: Reality TV star Payal Rohatgi issues public apology to Sonia and Priyanka Gandhi". Scroll.in. Retrieved 14 December 2019.
- "Payal Rohatgi says she was arrested by Rajasthan Police for making a video on Motilal Nehru". Latest Indian news, Top Breaking headlines, Today Headlines, Top Stories at Free Press Journal. Retrieved 15 December 2019.
- "Bail Denied, Actress Payal Rohatgi to be Behind Bars Till 24 December Over Video on Nehru-Gandhis". News18. Retrieved 16 December 2019.
- DelhiDecember 17, India Today Web Desk New; December 17, 2019UPDATED; Ist, 2019 20:36. "Payal Rohatgi granted bail 2 days after being detained by Rajasthan Police". India Today. Retrieved 22 September 2020.CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- "Court seeks police report as case filed against Payal Rohatgi over offensive tweets". The New Indian Express. 11 February 2021. Archived from the original on 12 February 2021. Retrieved 14 May 2021.
- Misra, Shubhangi (6 April 2021). "Mumbai court orders probe against actor Payal Rohatgi for derogatory tweets on Muslim women". ThePrint. Archived from the original on 10 April 2021. Retrieved 14 May 2021.
- Hakim, Sharmeen (6 April 2021). "'Tweets Prima Facie Show Disregard Against Muslim Women': Andheri Court Orders Police Inquiry Against Actor Payal Rohatgi Over Her Tweets On Safoora Zargar". Live Law. Archived from the original on 7 April 2021. Retrieved 14 May 2021.
- "Refuge" – via www.imdb.com.
- "Payal Rohatgi – Thirupachi Aruva|Thirupachi Aruva Movie Stills, Thirupachi Aruva Movie Gallery, Thirupachi Aruva Photo Gallery, Thirupachi Aruva Photos". Bharatstudent.
- "अब भोजपुरी फिल्म में दिखेगा 'बिग बॉस' की इस एक्स-कंटेस्टेंट का जलवा, देखें तस्वीरें". Zee News Hindi. 1 June 2018.
- "Payal Rohatgi on Bigg Boss". Retrieved 6 December 2010.
- "Box Cricket League Teams: BCL 2014 Team Details With TV Actors & Names of Celebrities". india.com. Archived from the original on 10 September 2015. Retrieved 14 December 2014.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Payal Rohatgi.|