Femina Miss India
Miss India or Femina Miss India is a national beauty pageant in India that annually selects representatives to compete in Miss World, one of the Big Four major international beauty pageants. It is organised by Femina, a women's magazine published by The Times Group. Since 2013, Femina also organizes Miss Diva separately which sends representatives to Miss Universe.
|The Times Group|
|Subsidiaries||Femina Miss India Delhi|
Femina Miss India Bangalore
Femina Miss India Kolkata
In 1952, two Miss India pageants were held, Indrani Rehman and Nutan were the winners of the pageant. Nutan was crowned as Miss Mussorie. The pageant was held by the local press. Indrani Rehman was crowned at Brabourne Stadium in Mumbai in the month of April 1952. Indrani later represented India at Miss Universe 1952, the inaugural edition of Miss Universe pageant.
There was no Miss India pageant from 1955 to 1958. In 1959, Eve's Weekly organised its very first Miss India contest called Eve's Weekly Miss India to send India's representatives to the Miss World pageant. Fleur Ezekiel was crowned the eventual winner. She represented India at Miss World 1959 held in London, United Kingdom.
The first ever Femina Miss India pageant was held in year 1964. Meher Castelino Mistri of Maharashtra was crowned the first ever Femina Miss India. She was chosen to represent India at Miss Universe 1964 held in the United States and Miss Nations 1964 held in Spain.
Reita Faria was the first Miss India ever to win any international beauty pageant. She was crowned Miss World 1966 in London, United Kingdom. She was the winner of Eve's Weekly Miss India contest. The same year Femina Miss India winner Yasmin Daji represented India at Miss Universe 1966 and was crowned 3rd Runner Up at the event. She was the first ever Femina Miss India Winner to get placed at any international beauty pageant.
In Earlier days, Femina Miss India used to crown three contestants, the winner used to represent India at Miss Universe and the runners-up were sent to Miss Asia Pacific and International Teen Princess. Later the second runner up represents India at Miss Teenage Intercontinental. On some occasions the 2nd Runner up or a finalist was sent to Queen of Pacific pageant from 1969 to 1975.
Zeenat Aman was the first ever Femina Miss India titleholder to win an international pageant. She was crowned Femina Miss India Asia Pacific and went on to win Miss Asia Pacific 1970 held in Philippines.
Later, after acquiring the rights to send India's representatives to Miss World, Femina Miss India used to select three winners who were then sent to Miss Universe, Miss World and Miss Asia Pacific International pageants, respectively.
In 1991, Femina also acquired the rights to send India's representatives to Miss International pageant and on some occasions the third winner represented India at Miss International and a finalist was sent to Miss Asia Pacific International or else the third winner was crowned as Femina Miss India Asia Pacific and used to represent India at Miss Asia Pacific International and a finalist was sent to Miss International.
In 1994, after India's historic win at the International pageants, the organisation ended the practice of crowning a single winner and instead decided that the top three winners were designated as winners with equal visibility and prizes.
In 2010, after the I Am She - Miss Universe India acquired the rights to send India's representatives to Miss Universe, Femina Miss India crowned three winners as Femina Miss India World, Femina Miss India Earth and Femina Miss India International, the third winner representend India in Miss International pageant.
In 2010, Tantra Entertainment Pvt. Ltd. (TEPL), in partnership with Sushmita Sen, started a new pageant called I Am She – Miss Universe India. The winner of this pageant participated in the Miss Universe pageant from 2010 to 2012.
In 2013, The Times Group again acquired the rights to send India's representatives to the Miss Universe pageant and started a new pageant called Miss Diva. The first ever Miss Diva pageant was held in Mumbai on 5 September 2013. Manasi Moghe of Maharashtra was crowned Miss Diva Universe 2013. Manasi represented India at Miss Universe 2013 and placed in the top 10. Gurleen Grewal from Punjab was crowned Miss Diva International 2013. She represented India at Miss International 2013.
India in international pageants
|Miss Universe||1964–1987, 1989–2009, 2013–present|
|Miss World||1971, 1974, 1976–present|
|Miss United Continent||2013–present|
|Miss Grand International||2015–present|
|Miss Universal Peace and Humanity||2014|
|Miss Asia Pacific World||2013|
|Miss Tourism International||1994, 2006|
|Miss Asia Pacific International||1968–2005|
|Miss Tourism||2005, 2007|
|Miss Teenage Intercontinental||1975–1978|
|Miss World Amber / Miss Ambar Del Mundo||1978|
|International Teen Princess||1974, 1970|
|Queen of Pacific||1969–1972, 1974, 1975|
Miss India has been participating in the Miss Universe pageant since 1952, starting with Indrani Rehman and in the Miss World pageant since 1959, starting with Fleur Ezekiel. Historically, the Femina Miss India pageant sent the winner of the pageant to the Miss Universe pageant and a runner up to Miss Asia Pacific pageant and on some occasions the 2nd runner up used to represent India at International Teen Princess contest, whereas Eve's Weekly, a rival women's publication sent the winner of its Miss India contest to Miss World and Miss International.
In the 1970s, Femina acquired the rights to send a representative to Miss World as well, and started to send the winner to Miss Universe and the runner-up to the Miss World contest. Later in 1991, Femina Miss India also acquired the rights to send India's representatives to Miss International pageant.
In 1994, following India's historic dual wins at both Miss Universe and Miss World, the custom of crowning a single winner was discontinued. Instead, the top three placers were designated winners with equal visibility, equal prizes and responsibilities, and were crowned as Femina Miss India-Universe, Femina Miss India-World, and Femina Miss India-Asia Pacific and a finalist was sent to Miss International. In 2002, the third title was changed to Femina Miss India-Earth, to designate India's representation at the newly launched Miss Earth pageant, focused on the cause of environmental advocacy and a finalist was sent to Miss International.
From 2007 to 2009, three equal winners were selected going to Miss Universe, Miss World, and Miss Earth. In 2010, I Am She - Miss Universe India acquired the rights to send India's representatives to Miss Universe. Later, in 2013 The Times Group again acquired the rights to send India's representatives to Miss Universe and launched a new pageant for Miss Universe named Miss Diva.
The awards for 1989 were given at the end of the year (December); hence there was no separate contest for 1990.
In 1994, Sushmita Sen won the Miss Universe title after winning the Miss India crown and became the first Indian woman ever to win the Miss Universe crown. The same year the runner-up of Miss India, Aishwarya Rai, won the Miss World title. Sushmita Sen and Aishwarya Rai established themselves in the Bollywood industry after winning their titles.
The success of Sen and Rai spawned coaching institutions which were set up to groom young women in pageant participation skills. The number of participants in the preliminary rounds of the pageant has increased considerably. Miss India World 1997, Diana Hayden won the title of Miss World 1997. In 1999, the Miss India World Yukta Mookhey went on to win the Miss World that year.
In 2000, three of the Miss India winners won their respective international pageants — Lara Dutta (Miss Universe), Priyanka Chopra (Miss World) and Diya Mirza Miss Asia Pacific. The other country to have won all three major titles in one year were Australia in 1972.
In 2010, after the introduction of I Am She - Miss Universe India, the third title was changed to Femina Miss India-International and the winner represented India at Miss International pageant.
In 2010, Nicole Faria became the first Indian to win the Miss Earth title in Vietnam, which leaves Miss International as the only major international pageant that has not been won by an Indian contestant.
In 2013, Srishti Rana won Miss Asia Pacific World 2013 giving India a rare back to back victory. She is the second Indian and first Miss Diva Winner to win Miss Asia Pacific World Crown. She is also the first ever Indian delegate to win an international pageant that has been sent by Femina Miss India's sister pageant, Miss Diva.
In 2014, Asha Bhat, Miss Diva Supranational 2014 won Miss Supranational 2014 and became the first ever Indian woman to win the crown. Asha is the second Asian to win the crown. The same year Ruhi Singh who was crowned the first ever Femina Miss India Universal Peace and Humanity won the first ever Miss Universal Peace and Humanity pageant held in Lebanon.
After May Myat Noe, the winner of Miss Asia Pacific World 2014 pageant was dethroned, the organisation organised another pageant named Miss Asia Pacific 2014 Supertalent of the World Season 5 under Miss Asia Pacific World title, Swetha Raj who represented India won the crown, giving India a rare back to back to back victory, India is the only country to win any international pageant three years in a row, however Swetha was sent by Miss India Australia organisation.
On some occasions the top finalists have represented India at some other international pageants like Miss Heritage, Miss Tourism International, Miss Tourism. Femina Miss India also sends representatives to other international pageants like Miss United Continent and Miss Universal Peace and Humanity.
Indian winners in the Big Four
The following is the list of Indian winners in the Big Four international beauty pageants:
|Miss Earth||1||2010||Nicole Faria|
Winners of minor international pageants
The following is the list of Indian winners in various minor international pageants:
|Miss Supranational||2||2014||Asha Bhat|
|2016||Srinidhi Ramesh Shetty|
|Miss Asia Pacific World||3|
|2012^||Himangini Singh Yadu|
|Miss Asia Pacific International||3|
|1973||Tara Anne Fonseca|
|Miss Teenage Intercontinental||1||1978||Elizabeth Anita Reddi|
|Miss World Amber / Miss Ambar Del Mundo||1||1978||Mala Rai Singhani|
|International Teen Princess||1||1974||Radha Bartake|
- ° In 1966 India won Miss World but the representative was sent by Eve's Weekly Miss India organisation.
- ^ In 2012 India won Miss Asia Pacific World 2012 but India's representative was sent by I Am She - Miss Universe India organisation.
- Asha Bhat (Miss Supranational 2014), Srinidhi Ramesh Shetty (Miss Supranationall 2016) and Srishti Rana (Miss Asia Pacific World 2013) were the winners of Miss Diva not Femina Miss India.
Multiple victories in the same year
The following is the list of India's multiple victories in major international pageants:
|Year||Pageant||Winner||Number of titles|
|1994||Miss Universe||Sushmita Sen||2|
|Miss World||Aishwarya Rai|
|2000||Miss Universe||Lara Dutta||3|
|Miss World||Priyanka Chopra|
|Miss Asia||Diya Mirza|
In 2008, president of Gladrags, Maureen Wadia, served a legal notice to the newly crowned Pantaloons Femina Miss India Earth 2008, Harshita Saxena for violation of a two-year exclusive contract with Gladrags which had been signed by Harshita in 2006. To participate in any other beauty pageant, Harshita would need a written letter of no-objection from Gladrags. Harshita gave up the title and the crown passed on to Tanvi Vyas who represented India in the Miss Earth 2008 pageant held in November 2008. Harshita was later placed fourth in Miss India 2009 and represented India in Miss International 2009.
In 2004, Lakshmi Pandit (sister of Kalpana Pandit) was initially declared as the winner but had to return the title as she was married (to Siddarth Mishra); Sayali Bhagat was ultimately declared as the winner.
Femina Miss India and Miss Diva winners from 2013 – present
|Year||Femina Miss India||Miss Diva|
Winners by state
Since 2017, each of the 30 candidates represents their state at Femina Miss India pageant:
Femina Miss India World
Femina Miss Grand India
Femina Miss India United Continents
|Jammu & Kashmir||2017|
Winners by zone
Since 2017, all the 29 states and New Delhi, the capital union territory are divided into 4 different zones according to their geographical locations:
Femina Miss India World
Femina Miss Grand India
Femina Miss India United Continents
Representatives to Big Four pageants
The following women have represented India in the Big Four international beauty pageants, the four major international beauty pageants for women. These are Miss World, Miss Universe, Miss International and Miss Earth.
|Winner||Vice Queen||Runner Up||Finalist/Semi-finalist||Unplaced|
India did not compete in the Miss Universe pageant from 1953 to 1963. I AM She – Miss Universe India sent its delegates to Miss Universe from 2010 to 2012. Traditionally the Miss India Winner was sent to Miss Universe and the runner up was sent to Miss World; however since 2013 a separate pageant Miss Diva has been held to send delegates to Miss Universe and the Miss India winner will represent India at Miss World annually.
|Year||Miss India||State||Placement||Special Awards|
|2018||Nehal Chudasama||Gujarat||Miss Photogenic|
Best National Costume - Top 3
|2017||Shraddha Shashidhar||Tamil Nadu|
|2014||Noyonita Lodh||Karnataka||Top 15||Best National Costume - Top 5|
|2013||Manasi Moghe||Maharashtra||Top 10|
|2012||Shilpa Singh||Bihar||Top 16||Topped the Preliminary Interview|
|Urvashi Rautela||Uttarakhand||Dethroned as she could not meet the minimum age requirement.|
|2011||Vasuki Sunkavalli||Andhra Pradesh|
|2010||Ushoshi Sengupta||West Bengal|
|2008||Simran Kaur Mundi||Maharashtra||National Costume - Group Winner|
Best in Swimsuit - Top 5
Charming Áo dài - Top 5
|2007||Puja Gupta||New Delhi||Top 10|
|2006||Neha Kapur||New Delhi||Top 20|
|2004||Tanushree Dutta||Jharkhand||Top 10|
|2003||Nikita Anand||New Delhi|
|2002||Neha Dhupia||New Delhi||Top 10|
|2001||Celina Jaitley||West Bengal||4th Runner-up||3rd Runner Up - Swimsuit competition|
5th Runner Up - Evening Gown
|2000||Lara Dutta||Karnataka||Miss Universe 2000||Oscar de la Renta - Best In Swimsuit (Winner)|
Best in Evening Gown - 2nd Runner Up
Best in National Costume - 1st Runner Up
|1999||Gul Panag||Punjab||Top 10||Interview Round - Winner|
Evening Gown Round - Top 5
Swimsuit Round - Top 10
|1998||Lymaraina D'Souza||Maharashtra||Top 10|
|1997||Nafisa Joseph||Karnataka||Top 10|
|1996||Sandhya Chib||Karnataka||Top 10|
|1995||Manpreet Brar||New Delhi||1st Runner-up||2nd Runner Up - Evening Gown|
3rd Runner Up - Interview Round
Swimsuit Competition - Top 10
|1994||Sushmita Sen||New Delhi||Miss Universe 1994||1st Runner Up - Swimsuit competition|
2nd Runner Up - Evening Gown
4th Runner Up - Interview Round
|1993||Namrata Shirodkar||Maharashtra||Top 6
(5th Runner Up)
|2nd Runner Up Interview Round|
2nd runner Up - Evening Gown
|1992||Madhu Sapre||Maharashtra||2nd Runner-up||1st Runner Up - Swimsuit Competition|
1st Runner Up - Evening Gown
4th Runner Up - Interview Round
|1991||Christabelle Howie||Tamil Nadu|
|1990||Suzanne Sablok||Maharashtra||Top 10|
|1987||Priyadarshini Pradhan||New Delhi|
|1985||Sonu Walia||New Delhi|
|1984||Juhi Chawla||Punjab||Best National Costume Award|
|1982||Pamela Chaudry Singh||New Delhi|
|1980||Sangeeta Bijlani||Maharashtra||Best National Costume Award|
|1978||Alamjeet Kaur Chauhan||Punjab||Best National Costume Award|
|1976||Naina Sudhir Balsavar||Uttar Pradesh|
|1974||Shailini Bhavnath Dholakia||Maharashtra||Top 12|
|1973||Farzana Habib||Maharashtra||Top 12|
|1972||Roopa Satyan||New Delhi||Top 12|
|1968||Anjum Mumtaz Barg||Maharashtra|
|1967||Nayyara Mirza||New Delhi|
|1966||Yasmin Daji||Maharashtra||3rd Runner-up||Evening Gown Round - Winner|
Swimsuit Round - Top 3
|1964||Meher Castelino Mistri||Maharashtra|
|1952||Indrani Rehman||Tamil Nadu|
India did not send delegates in 1967, 1965, 1964, 1963. From 1959 to 1966 representatives to Miss World were sent by Eve's Weekly Miss India pageant. In 1968, Bharat Sundari got the franchise to send India's representative to Miss World. They sent the delegates from 1968 to 1970, 1972, 1975. Femina got the franchise in 1976. Femina also sent delegates to Miss World in 1971 and 1974. Traditionally the runner up in Miss India pageant was sent to Miss World but this changed in 2013 and now the winner of Miss India is sent to represent at Miss World.
|2019||Suman Rao||Rajasthan||[to be determined]||[to be determined]|
|2018||Anukreethy Vas||Tamil Nadu||Top 30||Head-to-Head Challenge - Winner |
Miss World Talent - Top 18
Miss World Top Model - Top 30
|2017||Manushi Chhillar||Haryana||Miss World 2017||Head-to-Head Challenge(Group 9) - Winner|
Miss World Top Model - Top 30
Beauty with a Purpose - Winner
Multimedia Award - Top 20
People's Choice Award - Top 9
|2016||Priyadarshini Chatterjee||Assam||Top 20||Beauty With a Purpose - Top 5|
Miss World Talent - Top 21
|2015||Aditi Arya||New Delhi||Multimedia Award - Top 5|
People's Choice Award - Top 5
World Fashion Designer Dress - Top 10
Beauty with a Purpose - Top 25
Miss World Talent - Top 30
Miss World Top Model - Top 30
|2014||Koyal Rana||New Delhi||Top 11||Miss World - Asia|
Beauty With a Purpose - Winner
World Fashion Designer Dress Winner
Dances of the world performer
Miss World Beach Beauty - Top 5
Multimedia Award - Top 5
The People's Choice - Top 10
Miss World Top Model - Top 20
Miss World Sport - Top 32
|2013||Navneet Kaur Dhillon||Punjab||Top 20||Multimedia Award Winner|
Beauty with a Purpose Top 10
Interview Round - Top 20
|2012||Vanya Mishra||Punjab||Top 7
(6th Runner Up)
|Beauty With a Purpose Award Winner|
Multimedia Award - Winner
Dances of the world performer
Interview Round - Top 16
Miss World Beach Beauty - Top 40
Miss World Top Model - Top 47
|2011||Kanishtha Dhankhar||Haryana||Top 31||Miss World Top Model - Top 10|
Beauty with a Purpose - Top 10
|2010||Manasvi Mamgai||Uttarakhand||Dances of the world performer|
Miss World Beach Beauty - Top 20
Miss World Top Model - Top 20
|2009||Pooja Chopra||Maharashtra||Top 16||Beauty With a Purpose winner|
Miss World Sports - Top 6
|2008||Parvathy Omanakuttan||Kerala||1st Runner-up||Miss World – Asia and Oceania|
Miss World Top Model - 2nd Runner-Up
Miss World Beach Beauty - Top 10
|2007||Sarah Jane Dias||Karnataka||Miss World Talent - Top 18|
|2006||Natasha Suri||Maharashtra||Top 17||Miss World Beach Beauty - 2nd Runner Up|
Best Designer Gown - 2nd Runner Up
Miss World Talent - Top 10
|2005||Sindhura Gadde||Andhra Pradesh||Top 15|
|2004||Sayali Bhagat1||Maharashtra||Miss World Top Model - Top 20|
|Lakshmi Pandit||Maharashtra||Dethroned, as she was already married|
|2003||Ami Vashi||Gujarat||3rd Runner Up||Miss World Talent - Top 21|
|2002||Shruti Sharma||Uttar Pradesh||Top 20|
|2000||Priyanka Chopra||Bihar||Miss World 2000||Miss World – Asia and Oceania|
|1999||Yukta Mookhey||Maharashtra||Miss World 1999||Miss World – Asia and Oceania|
|1997||Diana Hayden||Andhra Pradesh||Miss World 1997||Miss World – Asia and Oceania|
|1996||Rani Jeyraj||Tamil Nadu||3rd Runner Up||Miss World – Asia and Oceania|
Spectacular Evening Gown
|1994||Aishwarya Rai||Karnataka||Miss World 1994||Miss Photogenic|
Miss World – Asia and Oceania
|1993||Karminder Kaur-Virk||Punjab||Best in National costume|
|1991||Ritu Singh||New Delhi||Top 10|
|1986||Maureen Mary Lestourgeon||Maharashtra|
|1985||Sharon Mary Clarke||Maharashtra|
|1981||Deepti Divakar||Andhra Pradesh|
|1980||Elizabeth Anita Reddi||Andhra Pradesh||Top 15|
|1979||Raina Winifred Mendonica||Maharashtra||Top 10 Photographer's choice|
|1978||Kalpana Iyer||Tamil Nadu||Top 15||Most Popular Delegate|
Top 20 Miss Talented
Top 15 Photographer's choice
|1977||Veena Prakash||Maharashtra||Withdrew in protest against the presence of a white Miss South Africa|
|1976||Naina Balsavar||Maharashtra||Withdrew in protest against the presence of two South African entries - one white and one black - in conformity with the apartheid policy of racial separation.|
|1975||Anjana Sood||Himachal Pradesh||Top 15|
|1972||Malathi Basappa||Karnataka||4th Runner-up|
|1971||Prema Narayan||Andhra Pradesh|
|1970||Heather Corinne Faville||Maharashtra||Top 15|
|1968||Jane Coelho||New Delhi|
|1966||Reita Faria||Maharashtra||Miss World 1966||Best Body Award|
Best in Evening Dress Award for wearing Sari
|1962||Ferial Karim||Maharashtra||Top 15|
|1961||Veronica Leonora Torcato||Maharashtra|
Femina Miss India had the Miss Earth Franchise from 2001 until 2014 with Alankrita Sahai being the last representative from Miss Diva.
- In 2015 Glamanand Supermodel India obtained the rights to send India's representatives to Miss Earth.
|2014||Alankrita Sahai||New Delhi||Miss Eco - Beauty (Top 10)|
Miss Earth Pagudpud
Miss Hannah's Beach Resort Best in Casual Wear
Best Evening Gown
Besuty for a Cause
Best in Swimsuit
Best National Costume
|2013||Sobhita Dhulipala||Andhra Pradesh|| Miss Photogenic|
Miss Earth Eco Beauty
Miss Ever Bilena
Miss Talent (Top 15)
Best in Resort Wear (Top 15)
|2012||Prachi Mishra||Uttar Pradesh|| Best in Swimsuit|
Resorts Wear competition
Evening Gown Competition
I Love My Planet School Campaign
|2011||Hasleen Kaur||New Delhi|
|2010||Nicole Faria||Karnataka||Miss Earth 2010|| Miss Talent|
Miss Diamond Place
|2009||Shriya Kishore||Maharashtra||Top 16|
|2007||Pooja Chitgopekar||Karnataka||1st Runner-Up
(Miss Earth – Air)
|2006||Amruta Patki||Maharashtra||1st Runner-Up
(Miss Earth – Air)
|Best in Long Gown|
|2004||Jyoti Brahmin||West Bengal||Top 16 Semifinalist|
|2003||Shweta Vijay||Kerala||Best in National Costume|
|2002||Reshmi Ghosh||West Bengal|
|2001||Shamita Singha||Maharashtra||Top 10 Semifinalist||Best in National Costume|
Femina Miss India dropped the franchise of Miss International in 2015. The last representative to Miss International from Femina Miss India was Jhataleka Malhotra in 2014.
India did not send delegates to Miss International in 1963–1967, 1972, 1977, 1989, 1990.
From 1960 to 1988 Eve's Weekly Miss India sent India's representatives to Miss International pageant.
In the year 2013, Miss Diva winner was sent to Miss International.
|2014||Jhataleka Malhotra||Maharashtra||Miss Internet|
3rd Runner Up - Best National Costume
|2013||Gurleen Grewal||Punjab||1st Runner Up - Miss Internet|
|2012||Rochelle Maria Rao||Tamil Nadu||Top 15|
|2011||Ankita Shorey||Jammu & Kashmir|
|2010||Neha Hinge||Madhya Pradesh||Top 15|
||2007||Esha Gupta||New Delhi|
|2006||Sonali Sehgal||West Bengal||Top 12|
|2004||Mihika Verma||Maharashtra||Top 15|
|2003||Shonali Nagrani||New Delhi||1st Runner-Up|
|2001||Kanwal Toor||New Delhi||Top 15|
|2000||Gayatri Joshi||Maharashtra||Top 15|
|1998||Shwetha Jaishanker||Tamil Nadu||2nd Runner-Up|
|1997||Diya Abraham||Kerala||1st Runner-Up|
|1993||Pooja Batra||Punjab||Top 15|
|1992||Kamal Sandhu||New Delhi|
|1987||Erika Maria D'Souza||Maharashtra||Semifinalist|
|1986||Poonam Pahlet Gidwant||Maharashtra|
|1985||Vinita Seshadri Vasan||Bangalore|
|1984||Nalanda Ravindra Bhandar||West Bengal||Semifinalist|
|1981||Meenakshi Seshadri||Tamil Nadu|
|1980||Ulrika Karen Bredemeyer||Maharashtra|
|1976||Nafisa Ali||Maharashtra||2nd Runner-up|
|1975||'Indira Maria Bredemeyer'||Maharashtra||2nd Runner-Up|
|1974||Leslie Jean Hartnett||New Delhi|
|1971||Samita Mukherjee||West Bengal|
|1970||Patricia D'Souza||New Delhi||Semifinalist|
|1969||Wendy Leslie Vaz||Maharashtra|
|1968||Sumita Sen||West Bengal||Semifinalist|
|1961||Diana Valentine||New Delhi|
|1960||Iona Pinto||Maharashtra||1st Runner-Up|
Representatives to minor international pageants
Femina Miss India and Miss Diva (The Times Group) acquired the rights to send India representatives to Miss Supranational only from the year 2013. In the years 2011 and 2012, contestants were selected by Indian Princess pageant.
|2018||Aditi Hundia||Rajasthan||Top 25|
|2017||Peden Ongmu Namgyal||Sikkim||Top 25||Miss Talent - 2nd Runner-up|
Best in Swimsuit - 3rd Runner-up
|2016||Srinidhi Ramesh Shetty||Karnataka||Miss Supranational 2016||Miss Supranational - Asia and Oceania|
Miss Mobstar - 3rd Runner-up
|2015||Aafreen Rachael Vaz||Karnataka||Top 10||Miss Supranational - Asia and Oceania|
Miss Supranational Top Model - Top 10
Miss Internet - 1st Runner Up
Best National Costume - Top 10
|2014||Asha Bhat||Karnataka||Miss Supranational 2014||Miss Talented|
Miss Internet - Top 5
|2013||Vijaya Sharma||New Delhi||Top 20|
|2012||Gunjan Saini||New Delhi||Top 30|
|2011||Michelle Almeda||Maharashtra||Top 20||Miss Supranational - Asia and Oceania|
Miss Grand International
In the years 2013 and 2014 India's delegates to Miss Grand International were sent by Indian Princess. Femina Miss India acquired the franchise in 2015.
|2019||Shivani Jadhav||Chhattisgarh||[to be determined]||[to be determined]|
|2018||Meenakshi Choudhary||Haryana||1st Runner-up||Miss Popular–Top 10|
Best National Costume - Top 10
|2017||Anukriti Gusain||Uttarakhand||Top 20 Semifinalist||Best National Costume - Top 20|
|2016||Pankhuri Gidwani||Uttar Pradesh||Best National Costume - Top 10|
|2015||Vartika Singh||Uttar Pradesh||2nd Runner-up||Best Social Media|
Miss Popular–Top 10
Best National Costume–Top 20
|2014||Monica Sharma||New Delhi||Best National Costume - Top 20|
|2013||Rupa Khurana||New Delhi|
Miss United Continents
The representatives for Miss United Continents have been selected by Femina Miss India since the pageant's inception in 2013.
|2019||Shreya Shanker||Bihar||[to be determined]||[to be determined]|
|2018||Gayatri Bharadwaj||Delhi||Top 10 Semifinalist||Best National Costume - 1st Runner Up|
|2017||Sana Dua||Jammu and Kashmir||Top 10 Semifinalist|
|2016||Lopamudra Raut||Maharashtra||2nd Runner-up||Best National Costume|
Miss Photogenic - 1st Runner-up
|2015||Sushrii Shreya Mishraa||Odisha||3rd Runner-up||Best National Costume|
|2014||Gail Nicole Da Silva||Goa||1st Runner-up||Best National Costume|
|2013||Purva Rana||Himachal Pradesh||Vice Queen||Best National Costume - 2nd Runner-up|
Miss Asia Pacific International
|2018||Abhilasha Agarwal||Miss Redfox|
|2017||Sonika Roy||Miss Zanea Shoes|
|2016||Shiva Shrishti Vyakaranam||Top 10|
|2005||Simran Chandok||Best dancer|
|2003||Shonal Rawat||1st Runner-up||Miss Friendship|
|2002||Tina Chatwal||2nd Runner-up||Miss Internet|
|2000||Dia Mirza||Miss Asia Pacific International 2000||Miss Close-Up Smile|
|1997||Divya Chauhan||1st Runner-up||Best in Evening gown|
|1996||Mini Menon||Top 10|
|1995||Ruchi Malhotra||1st Runner-up||Best in Evening gown|
|Shweta Menon||Top 10|
|1993||Namrata Shirodkar||1st Runner-up||Best in Evening gown|
|1992||Mehroo Jal Mistry|
|1981||Mehjabeen Ayub Khan||Miss Talent|
|1979||Maureen Mary Lestourgeon||1st Runner-up|
|1978||Preeti Koppikar||Best national costume|
|1977||Marianne De Souza||1st Runner-up|
|1976||Anna Adriane Bredemeyer||2nd Runner-up|
|1974||Marilyn Theresa Ferreira|
|1973||Tara Anne Fonseca||Miss Asia Pacific International 1973|
|1970||Zeenat Aman||Miss Asia Pacific International 1970||Miss Photogenic|
|1969||Tasneem Fakir Mohammed|
|1968||Anabella Crawford||Miss Talent|
Miss Asia Pacific World
|2016||Akanksha Dhiman||Wing of Angel|
|2014||Swetha Raj||Miss Asia Pacific World 2014 - Season 5||Miss Talent||Competition held to select a new titleholder for the year 2014.|
|2014||Anukriti Gusain||4th Runner Up|
|2013||Srishti Rana||Miss Asia Pacific World 2013||Best National Costume
|2012||Himangini Singh Yadu||Miss Asia Pacific World 2012||Best in Evening Gown - 1st Runner Up|
|2011||Tanvi Singla||3rd Runner Up|
India is the only country to win an international pageant three years in a row. In the year 2012, Himangini Singh Yadu was crowned as Miss Asia Pacific World 2012. In the succeeding year Srishti Rana was crowned as Miss Asia Pacific World 2013. In the year 2014, May Myat Noe of Myanmar was originally crowned but later she was dethroned. A new pageant was held by the organizers and Swetha Raj of India became victorious, thus giving India a rare Three-peat victory in an international pageant.
Indian representatives to Miss Intercontinental is being sent by Femina Miss India group.
|2017||Priyanka Kumari||Best National Costume - Winner|
|2015||Sneha Priya Roy||Top 17||Best National Costume - 2nd Runner-up|
|2012||Bobby Layal||Top 10|
|2011||Ipsita Pati||Top 15|
|2003||Deepti Gujral||3rd Runner-up|
|2002||Rakhee Chaudhary||Top 12|
|2001||Koena Mitra||Top 12|
|1999||Aanchal Kumar||Top 12|
|1997||Lara Dutta||Miss Intercontinental 1997|
|1978||Elizabeth Anita Reddi||Miss Intercontinental 1978|
Photographs of some notable international titleholders
Femina Miss India
Photographs of some titleholders
Femina Miss India Universe
Femina Miss India Universe 1980
Femina Miss India Universe 1984
Femina Miss India Universe 1985
Mehr Jesia Rampal,
Femina Miss India Universe 1986
Femina Miss India 1999
Femina Miss India Universe 2002
Femina Miss India Universe 2004
Femina Miss India Universe 2007
Simran Kaur Mundi,
Femina Miss India Universe 2008
Femina Miss India World
Femina Miss India World 2002
Femina Miss India World 2004
Femina Miss India World 2006
Femina Miss India world 2007
Femina Miss India World 2009
Femina Miss India World 2011
Femina Miss India World 2012
Femina Miss India Earth
Femina Miss India Earth 2001
Femina Miss India Earth 2002
Femina Miss India Earth 2005
Femina Miss India Earth 2009
Femina Miss India Earth 2011
Femina Miss India International
Femina Miss India International 1993
Femina Miss India International 2000
Femina Miss India International 2002
Femina Miss India International 2005
Femina Miss India International 2006
Femina Miss India International 2007
Femina Miss India International 2010
Femina Miss India International 2011
Femina Miss India International 2012
Femina Miss Grand India
Miss Grand International 2018 - 1st Runner-up
Miss Grand India 2017
Femina Miss India Asia Pacific
- Devi, Kanchana (28 March 2012). "Miss India 2012: Who will win this time?". Truth Dive. Archived from the original on 31 March 2012. Retrieved 28 March 2012.CS1 maint: Unfit url (link)
- "Yamaha Fascino Miss Universe India". EE Business. 2 July 2018.
- "What are the differences between Miss Universe and Miss World". Narada News. 6 June 2016.
- "rediff.com: Meet Pramila, the first Miss India".
- "Jewish Stars of Bollywood - Jewish World Features - Haaretz - Israel News Haaretz.com".
- "Indrani Rahman Was Married With A Kid When She Went On To Represent India At The First Miss Universe". Indiatimes. 19 May 2016.
- "Nutan's granddaughter Pranutan Bahl is raring to go the Bollywood way". HindustanTimes. 9 March 2017.
- "Stunning Photographs Of Indrani Rahman, India's First Miss Universe Contestant". 26 July 2016.
- Mihir Bose (9 May 2008). Abdul Rashid Kardar: A History. Roli Books Pvt. Ltd. pp. 240–. ISBN 978-93-5194-045-6. Retrieved 22 March 2015.
- "Peace Kanwal Complete Filmography". BollywoodMDB.com. Retrieved 11 February 2018.
- "Leela Naidu: Miss India of 1954 who went on to forge a career as an actress with a touch of Western elegance". www.independent.co.uk. The Independent. 20 September 2009.
- "Presenting you The first Femina Miss India – Meher Castelino Mistry". 24 March 2015.
- "Not Just a Pretty Face: Reita Faria, the first Asian to win Miss World". The Indian Express. 18 December 2016.
- "Yasmin Daji, a medical student from Delhi, not only won the Miss India but was a runner-up in Miss Universe". Times of India. 23 March 2013.
- "Femina Miss India: 1964-1970". Times of India. 16 January 2013.
- "Miss India Winners 1970 - 1964". Times of India. Retrieved 11 February 2018.
- "The Bold and Beautiful: Zeenat Aman Miss Asia Pacific 1970". Retrieved 11 February 2018.
- "From 1966 to 2017, the answer last that made India win Miss World". Times of India. 23 November 2017.
- "Catch-Up With The Past Miss Indias". The Times Of India. 25 December 2010. Archived from the original on
- "50 YEARS OF MISS INDIA: HIGHS AND LOWS!". Times of India. 24 March 2013. Archived from the original on 27 March 2013. Retrieved 24 March 2013.
- "Femina Miss India 2002 photo gallery". Times of India. 25 September 2007.
- "30 contestants gear up for Miss Universe". Hindustan Times. 30 April 2010. Archived from the original on 3 May 2010. Retrieved 17 May 2010.
- "Miss Diva 2013: Manasi Moghe wins the title - Beauty Pageants - Indiatimes". indiatimes.com. Retrieved 18 February 2018.
- "Fifty years of Miss India". Times of India. 24 March 2013.
- "The Hindu News Update Service". The Hindu. 9 April 2007. Archived from the original on 29 June 2011. Retrieved 17 May 2010.
- "No runners-up in Miss India contest; all 3 winners are equal". Daily News and Analysis and Press Trust of India. Press Trust of India. 9 April 2007. Retrieved 1 March 2012.
- "Zeenat Aman : Miss Asia Pacific 1970". Retrieved 11 February 2018.
- 23 years after Sushmita Sen won, she was back at Miss Universe pageant
- "1994". Pageontopolis. Archived from the original on 3 September 2011. Retrieved 21 April 2011.
- "The Hindu Business Line : Coke-Sushmita Sen deal cancelled". Thehindubusinessline.in. 16 July 2003. Retrieved 24 October 2011.
- Hiscock, Geoff (2007). India's global wealth club. John Wiley and Sons. p. 6. ISBN 0-470-82238-4.
- "Meet the Biggest Movie Stars on the Planet (You May Not Have Heard Of)". The Oprah Winfrey Show. 28 September 2009. Retrieved 28 March 2017.
- "Biography of Diana Hayden". DianaHayden.com.
- "Not films, birthday girl Yukta Mookhey hit the headlines for this!". Daily Bhaskar. 26 October 2015.
- "Miss Universe vs Miss World: Facts and comparisons". MSN. 15 January 2015.
- "Nicole Faria's family not surprised by Miss Earth win". dnaindia.com. 5 December 2010.
- "Miss Asia Pacific 2012: Indian Girl Himangini Singh Wins Pageant; Brings Back the Coveted Crown After 12 Years" International Business Times
- "Srishti Rana wins Miss Asia Pacific World 2013 Beauty Pageant". Biharprabha News.
- "India's Asha Bhat is the first Indian to win Miss Supranational 2014 title". ibnlive.com.
- "Ruhi Singh: The lights-camera-action call is my happiest moment".
- "May Myat Noe dethroned amid theft claims". Myanmar Times=1 September 2014. Retrieved 1 September 2014.
- "finalists 2013". missindia.com.au. Retrieved 11 January 2018.
- "Ruhi Singh - Femina Miss India 2012 Contestants - Indiatimes.com". indiatimes.com. Retrieved 14 December 2015.
- "Miss United Continents India 2016 is Lopamudra Raut !!". 29 August 2016.
- "Haryana Girl Manushi Chhillar Crowned Miss World 2017". outlookindia.com/. Retrieved 24 January 2018.
- "Miss India Earth to fight for crown in court – Movies News". ibnlive. 3 February 2010. Retrieved 17 May 2010.
- "Returns Crown".
- "Pandit returns Miss India-World crown". Rediff.com. 31 March 2004.
- Jun, Kwanwoo (3 December 2003). "Lost in Storm's Debris: A Beauty Pageant". The Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 9 November 2015.
- Kenya, News (15 July 2011). "Beauty with scandals". Standard Digital News. Retrieved 9 November 2015.
- Vietnam, News (8 October 2008). "Những scandal của Miss World". Vietnam Express. Retrieved 9 November 2015.
- Ibrahim, Lynda (13 September 2013). "The misses and missuses of the world". The Jakarta Post. Retrieved 9 November 2015.
- Lowe, Aya (25 January 2016). "Philippines' Miss Universe returns home, ignites dreams". Channel NewsAsia. Retrieved 25 January 2016.
- https://www.facebook.com/naradanewslive. "What are the differences between the Miss Universe and Miss World pageants?". naradanews.com. Retrieved 18 February 2018.
- "Photos: Asha Bhat is the first Indian to win Miss Supranational 2014 title". firstpost.com. Retrieved 2 March 2015.
- "Asha Bhat crowned Miss Supranational 2014". indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2 March 2015.
- "Meenakshi Chaudhary from India crowned 1st runner up at Miss Grand International 2018". indiatimes.com. 26 October 2018.
- Srinjan Bhowmick (25 October 2015). "Vartika Singh crowned 2 runner-up at Miss Grand International 2015". BeautyPageants. IndiaTimes.com. Retrieved 28 February 2016.
- "Evening Gown Pictorial + Tour of Miss Asia Pacific World 2012 Contestants". Missosology.org. Archived from the original on 4 April 2013.
- "News18.com: CNN-News18 Breaking News India, Latest News, Current News Headlines". News18. Retrieved 18 February 2018.
- "Miss Asia Pacific World 2012 Contestants & Final results". Missosology.org. Archived from the original on 4 April 2013.
- "Indore girl wins Miss Asia Pacific 2012". ibnlive.in.com.
- "Srishti Rana wins Miss Asia Pacific World 2013 Beauty Pageant". Retrieved 30 October 2013.
- "'I didn't know I had been dethroned': Burmese beauty queen, 18, who ran off with $100,000 tiara refuses to hand it back until organisers apologise for calling her a 'thief'". MAILONLINE. 2 September 2014. Retrieved 2 September 2014.
- "finalists 2013". missindia.com.au. Retrieved 4 January 2014.
- "Miss India Australia - Facebook".