This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Parmeet Sethi is an Indian film actor, director and writer.
|Occupation||Actor, Film producer, Director, Writer|
|Spouse(s)||Archana Puran Singh (1992-present)|
He married a film and television actress Archana Puran Singh, on 30 June 1992. They have two sons Aaryamann and Ayushmaan. He is the cousin of TV actress Niki Aneja Walia. Archana Puran Singh and Parmeet had a live-in relationship before they got married.
Sethi received his first claim to fame with the directorial debut of Aditya Chopra, "Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge" (1995), in which he played the character of Kuljeet, an arrogant alpha male betrothed to the heroine Simran (Kajol) and competes with Raj the protagonist played by Shahrukh Khan.
He shot to fame in his TV career when he was chosen for the main lead in the Dubai-based TV serial called Dastaan in the mid 90s. The role in it was highly appreciated amongst the masses. In 2004 he starred in Israeli movie Turn Left at the End of the World as a father of repatriants family from India.
In 2010, he tried his first directorial venture, Yash Raj's Badmaash Company starring Shahid Kapoor, Anushka Sharma and Meiyang Chang, which was a success at box office earning 350 millions indian rupees whereas its budget was 130 millions Indian rupees. Parmeet wrote its entire script with dialogues in just six days.
- Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995) as Kuljeet Singh
- Diljale (1996) as Captain Ranveer
- Hero Hindustani (1998) as Rohit
- Hum Aapke Dil Mein Rehte Hain (1999) as Yeshwant Kumar
- Dhadkan (2000) as Bob
- Mela (2000) in Special Appearance
- Om Jai Jagadish (2002) as Shekhar Malhotra
- Jhankaar Beats (2003) as Nicki's Lawyer
- Turn Left at the End of the World (2004) as Roger Talkar
- Des Hoyaa Pardes (2004) as Darshan Singh
- Lakshya (2004) as Pakistani Maj. Shahbaaz Humdani
- Kaal (2005) as Forest Officer Khan
- Dus Kahaniyaan (2007) as lover
- Wedding Pullav (2015) as Kumar
- Dil Dhadakne Do (2015) as Lalit Sood
- Rustom (2016) as Rear Admiral Prashant Kamath
- Call for Fun (2017) as Dev Mehra
- Laila Majnu (2018) as Masood
- Badmaash Company (2010)
- Dastaan as Karan Kapoor
- Kurukshetra (1997-1998)
- Tujhpe Dil Qurbaan (1995-1996) as Major Vikram Ali
- Zindagi Teri Meri Kahani (2002-2003) as Rahul
- Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin (2003–2006) as Raj Malhotra
- Ruby Duby Hub Dub (2004) as Deepak Malhotra
- Saara Akaash (2004) as Senior Officer Srinivas Rao
- Nach Baliye (2005) as Himself (Contestant)
- Detective Omkar Nath (D.O.N.) (2006) as Detective Omkar Nath (D.O.N)
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa (2006) as Host
- Maayka (2007-2009) as Prem
- Sujata (2008)
- Pehredaar Piya Ki (2017) as Maan Singh
- My Name Ijj Lakhan(2019) as Dasharath