This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Parmeet Sethi is an Indian film and television actor, director and writer. He is best known for portraying Kuljeet Singh in Aditya Chopra's directorial debut Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995). He has acted in films such as Dhadkan (2000), Om Jai Jagadish (2002), Lakshya (2004), Baabul (2006), Dil Dhadakne Do (2015), Rustom (2016), Laila Majnu (2018) and Bhangra Paa Le (2020).
|Relatives||Niki Aneja Walia (cousin)|
Apart from films, Sethi is also active in television shows and has appeared in Dastaan (1994) and Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin (2003), Detective Omkar Nath (2006), Sujata (2008), Pehredaar Piya Ki (2017), My Name Ijj Lakhan (2019), Special OPS (2020) and Hundred (2020).
In 2010, he tried his first directorial venture, Yash Raj's Badmaash Company starring Shahid Kapoor, Anushka Sharma and Meiyang Chang, which was a success at box office earning 350 million Indian rupees whereas its budget was 130 million Indian rupees. Parmeet wrote its entire script with dialogues in just six days.
- Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995) as Kuljeet Singh
- Diljale (1996) as Captain Ranveer
- Hero Hindustani (1998) as Rohit
- Hum Aapke Dil Mein Rehte Hain (1999) as Yeshwant Kumar
- Dhadkan (2000) as Bob
- Khauff (2000) as Samrat
- Mela (2000) in Special Appearance
- Kuch Khatti Kuch Meethi (2001) as Uncle Ranjit
- Om Jai Jagadish (2002) as Shekhar Malhotra
- Jhankaar Beats (2003) as Nicki's Lawyer
- Turn Left at the End of the World (2004) as Roger Talkar
- Des Hoyaa Pardes (2004) as Darshan Singh
- Lakshya (2004) as Pakistani Maj. Shahbaaz Humdani
- Kaal (2005) as Forest Officer Khan
- Baabul (2006) as Balwant's (Om Puri) son
- Dus Kahaniyaan (2007) as lover
- Wedding Pullav (2015) as Kumar
- Dil Dhadakne Do (2015) as Lalit Sood
- Rustom (2016) as Rear Admiral Prashant Kamath
- Call for Fun (2017) as Dev Mehra
- Laila Majnu (2018) as Masood
- Phir Ussi Mod Par (2019) as Shahid Khan
- Bhangra Paa Le (2020) as Jaggi’s Father
- Tuesdays & Fridays (2021) as Dr. Vikrant Malhotra
- Mission Majnu (2021) as R. N. Kao
|1995-1996||Tujhpe Dil Qurbaan||Major Vikram Ali||Lead Role|
|2002-2003||Zindagi Teri Meri Kahani||Rahul|
|2002||Ssshhhh...Koi Hai||Ghost||Episode Name: Shart|
|2003-2006||Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin||Raj Malhotra|
|2004||Ruby Duby Hub Dub||Deepak Malhotra|
|2004||Saara Akaash||Senior Officer Srinivas Rao|
|2006||Sarabhai vs Sarabhai||Detective Omkar Nath (D.O.N)|
|2006||Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa||Host|
|2017||Pehredaar Piya Ki||Maan Singh|
|2019||My Name Ijj Lakhan||Dasharath|
|2020||Special OPS||Senior Officer of R&AW|
|2021||Akhiyaan Udeek Diyan||Not Known||Zee Punjabi|
As a directorEdit
|Badmaash Company||2010||Nominated For- Zee Cine Award for Best Debutante Director|
|Sumit Sambhal Lega||2015-2016||41 episodes|
|Har Mard Ka Dard||2017||109 episodes|
|2004||Indian Telly Awards||Best Actor in a Supporting Role||Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin||Nominated|
|2010||Zee Cine Awards||Best Debutante Director||Badmaash Company||Nominated|
- "Archana Puran Singh gives husband Parmeet Sethi a birthday gift he 'never expected nor wanted', see his response". Hindustan Times. 11 December 2020. Retrieved 11 December 2020.
- "Verified Happy birthday @iamparmeetsethi ♥️ you always. More than you know ! Not to use cliches, but am ready to sign up for the 7 janam bit. Now that's a birthday gift you never expected. Nor wanted... I think !😁". Instagram. archanapuransingh. 11 December 2020. Retrieved 26 March 2021.
- "Indiantelevision dot com's Special Report: Sibling revelry". 27 May 2003. Archived from the original on 24 May 2010. Retrieved 8 June 2010.
- "The four characters of 'Badmaash Company' picked from real life". Archived from the original on 31 December 2012. Retrieved 15 September 2012.