UTC+07:00 is an identifier for a time offset from UTC of +07:00. In ISO 8601 the associated time would be written as 2020-08-06T18:43:33+07:00. It is 7 hours ahead of the UTC, meaning areas in this time zone would be 07:00 while UTC is shown to midnight (00:00).
World map with the time zone highlighted
|18:43, 6 August 2020 UTC+07:00|
|105 degrees E|
Also known as Indochina Time (ICT) and Western Indonesian Time (Indonesian: Waktu Indonesia Barat, WIB) (in Indonesia), it is used in:
As standard time (all year round)Edit
Principal cities: Jakarta, Banda Aceh, Laem Chabang, My Tho, Ha Long, Pattaya, Pontianak, Pematangsiantar, Rayong, Langsa, Vang Vieng, Yen Bai, Phonsavan, Sainyabuli, Luang Prabang, Muang Xay, Luang Namtha, Savannakhet, Attapeu, Pakse, Sekong, Bueng Kan, Flying Fish Cove, Ratchaburi, Samoeng Tai, Uthai Thani, Sisaket, Ranong, Narathiwat, Om Noi, Nong Bua Lamphu, Kalasin, Maha Sarakham, Loei, Kamphaeng Phet, Chai Prakan, Krabi, Nakhon Phanom, Qui Nhon, Lamphun, Phayao, Surat Thani, Uttaradit, Songkhla, Suphan Buri, Phitsanulok, Satun, Roi Et, Phrae, Phatthalung, Phetchaburi, Pak Kret, Phang Nga, Nakhon Si Thammarat, Nong Khai, Nakhon Ratchasima, Sabang, Nakhon Sawan, Nakhon Pathom, Mukdahan, Nakhon Nayok, Lopburi, Mae Sai, Mae Sot, Lhokseumawe, Khon Kaen, Kanchanaburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Buriram, Chumphon, Chiang Rai, Chaiyaphum, Chai Nat, Tay Ninh, Hat Yai, Mae Hong Son, Hai Duong, Ketapang, Lang Son, Ha Tien, Pleiku, Buon Ma Thout, Bien Hoa, Bao Loc, Ben Tre, Bac Ninh, Bac Lieu, Bac Kan, Bac Giang, Chau Doc, Ba Ria, Cao Bang, Cam Ranh, Can Tho, Dong Hoi, Subulussalam, Son La, Hoi An, Hung Yen, Gia Nghia, Dong Xoai, Tam Ky, Quang Ngai, Rach Gia, Sa Dec, Thu Dau Mot, Thanh Hoa, Viet Tri, Thuan An, Uong Bi, Da Lat, Phu Ly, Phan Thiet, Dien Bien Phu, Vung Tau, Nga Bay, Tuyen Quang, Vi Thanh, Soc Trang, Lao Cai, Kon Tum, Lai Chau, Long Khanh, Long Xuyen, Indramayu, Tuy Hoa, Garut, Sukabumi, Cipanas, Bogor, Da Nang, Blitar, Kediri, Madiun, Pekalongan, Salatiga, Tegal, Vinh Long, Jepara, Chiang Mai, Kuningan, Cirebon, Menggala, Magelang, Cimahi, Bandung, Ciamis, Nha Trang, Bekasi, Depok, Semarang, Palembang, Probolinggo, Batam, Pangkal Pinang, Palangka Raya, Lampang, Majalengka, Vientiane, Tanjung Pinang, Padang, Pasuruan, Thai Nguyen, Medan, Mojokerto, Cimanggis, Surakarta, Purwokerto, Yogyakarta, Yasothon, Xam Neua, Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi, Sumedang, Bangkok, Krasnoyarsk
- Russia – Krasnoyarsk Time
It is considered the westernmost time zone in East Asia.
- Australia – Christmas Island Time
- Cambodia – Time in Cambodia (Indochina Time)
- Indonesia – Western Indonesia Time
- Laos – Time in Laos (Indochina Time)
- Thailand – Time in Thailand (Indochina Time)
- Vietnam - Time in Vietnam (Indochina Time)
Discrepancies between official UTC+07:00 and geographical UTC+07:00Edit
Since legal, political and economic in addition to physical or geographical criteria are used in the drawing of time zones, it follows that official time zones do not precisely adhere to meridian lines.
The UTC+07:00 time zone, were it drawn by purely geographical terms, would consist of exactly the area between meridians 97°30′ E and 112°30′ E.
As a result, there are places which, despite lying in an area with a "physical" UTC+07:00 time, actually use another time zone.
Conversely, there are areas that have gone for UTC+07:00, even though their "physical" time zone is UTC+08:00, UTC+06:00, or even UTC+05:00.
Areas located within UTC+07:00 longitudes using other time zonesEdit
This concerns areas within 97°30′ E to 112°30′ E longitude.
- Using UTC+06:30
Eastern part of Myanmar
- Using UTC+08:00
In China, many parts of central China including:
- western two thirds of Hunan
- western half of:
- western third of:
Outside China & Russia:
- Most of central Mongolia including the capital Ulaanbaatar
- Peninsular Malaysia
- Western part of Sarawak in Malaysian Borneo including Kuching
- Using UTC+09:00
Areas located outside UTC+07:00 longitudes using UTC+07:00 timeEdit
- The westernmost part of Indonesia including most of the province Aceh with its capital Banda Aceh.
- Western part of Mongolia
- Parts of Russia:
Areas between 112°30′ E and 127°30′ E ("physical" UTC+08:00)Edit
- The easternmost part of Java including East Java's capital Surabaya, Sidoarjo, Malang, and Banyuwangi.
- The island Madura and Kangean Islands, which administratively belong to East Java Province.
- Eastern part of West Kalimantan, and most of Central Kalimantan, including
- its capital Palangka Raya
- The very easternmost part of Krasnoyarsk Krai
Historical time offsetsEdit
The Republic of China's offset for this time zome is Kansu-Szechwan, and is used until 1949, when the Communists ruled over China and making UTC+08:00 the standard time for all Mainland China. Formerly, from 1918 to 1949, this time offset is used in eastern Sikang and Tsinghai, central Outer Mongolia (1921-1924), and all of Yunnan, Kwangsi, Kweichow, Ningsia, Suiyuan, Kansu, and Shensi
- "Russia Time Zones – Russia Current Times". TimeTemperature.com. Retrieved 20 November 2016.
- "Russia Time Zone Map". WorldTimeZone.com. Retrieved 22 March 2018.
- "HOVT – Hovd Time". Asian time zones. Time and Date. Retrieved 14 July 2012.
- "Indonesia Time Zones – Indonesia Current Time". TimeTemperature.com. Retrieved 27 October 2012.
- Gwlliam Law. "Provinces of Indonesia". Statoids. Retrieved 27 October 2012.