UTC+09:00 is an identifier for a time offset from UTC of +09:00.
|12:18, 15 June 2021 UTC+09:00|
|135 degrees E|
Also known as Eastern Indonesian Time.
During the Japanese occupations of British Borneo, Burma, Hong Kong, Dutch East Indies, Malaya, Philippines, Singapore, and French Indochina, it was used as a common time with Tokyo until the fall of the Empire of Japan.
As standard time (all year round)Edit
Principal cities: Yakutsk, Tobelo, Akaiwa, Asakuchi, Sorong, Dekai, Timika, Nabire, Wamena, Merauke, Manokwari, Ibara, Izumiotsu, Toyonaka, Izumisano, Takatsuki, Suita, Kashiwara, Sakai, Higashiosaka, Hirakata, Naha, Nago, Uruma, Nanjo, Tamano, Tsuyama, Soja, Kasaoka, Kurashiki, Okayama, Maniwa, Niimi, Koriyama, Yamatokoriyama, Tainai, Kunisaki, Beppu, Yufu, Tokamachi, Uonuma Minamiuonuma, Sasebo, Iwanuma, Sendai, Miyakonojo, Kesennuma, Tagajo, Shiogama, Kumamoto, Ishinomaki, Higashimatsushima, Yokkaichi, Maizuru, Yawata, Uji, Kyotango, Muko, Yokosuka, Himeji, Kamakura, Sagamihara, Odawara, Hiratsuka, Ichikikushikino, Minamisatsuma, Minamikyushu, Morioka, Chikusei, Ofunato, Tsuchiura, Kanazawa, Omitara, Joso, Hitachiomiya, Sofifi, Ternate, Nishinomiya, Minamiawaji, Higashihiroshima, Amagasaki, Mobara, Nagareyama, Takasaki, Tajimi, Maebashi, Ogaki, Kaizu, Gifu, Minamisoma, Aizuwakamatsu, Togane, Shikokuchuo, Yawatahama, Niihama, Tomisato, Urayasu, Yachimata, Yotsukaido, Oamishirasato, Sanmu, Shiroi, Sosa, Sodegaura, Narashino, Choshi, Owariasahi, Nishio, Inzai, Minamiboso, Kisarazu, Kashiwa, Isumi, Nagakute, Toyoake, Tokoname, Kamagaya, Matsudo, Nagoya, Kimitsu, Funabashi, Yatomi, Hachinohe, Kiyosu, Komaki Shinagawa, Onojo, Kitanagoya, Kitami, Shinshiro, Cheongju, Hekinan, Inazawa, Yurihonjo, Hirosaki, Kitaakita, Gamagori, Aisai, Icheon, Yongin, Seongnam, Siheung, Uiwang, Yangju, Yeosu, Yeoju, Uijeongbu, Odate, Suwon, Pyeongtaek, Osan, Paju, Pocheon, Anseong, Toyohashi, Hanam, Gwacheon, Gwangmyeong, Ansan, Namyangju, Dongducheon, Gunpo, Gimpo, Chungju, Jecheon, Bucheon, Busan, Ogaki, Atsugi, Yokohama, Kobe, Yawatahama, Kitakyushu, Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Kurume, Matsuyama, Goshogawara, Kagoshima, Tokyo, Pyongyang, Osaka, Dili, Seoul, Ambon, Tual, Jayapura, Fukuoka, Sapporo, Kyoto, Nagoya, Nagano, Shinjuku, Jongno, Incheon, Shibuya
- Russia – Yakutsk Time
Discrepancies between official UTC+09:00 and geographical UTC+09:00Edit
Areas located in UTC+09:00 longitudes using other time zonesEdit
This concerns areas within 127°30′ E and 142°30′ E longitude.
- Parts of Northeast China, including eastern half of Heilongjiang Province and Yanbian Korean Autonomous Prefecture in Jilin Province, where UTC+08:00 is used.
- Parts of Australia, including easternmost parts of Western Australia where UTC+08:00 is used, Eucla and nearby areas where (unofficial) UTC+08:45 is used, Northern Territory where UTC+09:30 is used, South Australia and Broken Hill where UTC+09:30 and DST UTC+10:30 is used, western parts of Queensland where UTC+10:00 is used, and westernmost parts of Victoria and New South Wales where UTC+10:00 and UTC+11:00 in summer time, is used.
- Parts of Federated States of Micronesia, including western parts of Yap, where UTC+10:00 is used.
- The very westernmost parts of Papua New Guinea, where UTC+10:00 is used.
- Parts of Russia, including Jewish Autonomous Oblast, Primorsky Krai, central part of Sakha, and most of Khabarovsk Krai where UTC+10:00 is used, and westernmost parts of eastern Sakha Republic and Sakhalin Island, where UTC+11:00 is used.
Areas located outside UTC+09:00 longitudes using UTC+09:00 timeEdit
Areas between 112°30′ E and 127°30′ E ("physical" UTC+08:00)Edit
- Zabaykalsky Krai
- Most of western Sakha Republic
- The western islands in the provinces of Maluku and North Maluku (from south to north):
- Parts of Okinawa Prefecture:
- The western parts of Korea, including the capital city, Seoul
Areas between 142°30′ E and 157°30′ E ("physical" UTC+10:00)Edit
- The eastern parts of Hokkaido, including Obihiro, Kushiro, and Nemuro
- Minami-Tori-shima in Ogasawara municipality
- "RUSSIA TIME ZONES - RUSSIA CURRENT TIMES". TimeTemperature.com. Retrieved 14 July 2012.
- "Sakha – Western, Russia Time Zone". TimeTemperature.com. Retrieved 25 March 2018.
- "Indonesia Time Zones – Indonesia Current Time". TimeTemperature.com. Retrieved 27 October 2012.
- Gwlliam Law. "Provinces of Indonesia". Statoids. Retrieved 27 October 2012.